INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.2 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 63371 times)

CallMeSteven

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.2 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2015, 08:03:28 am »

Okay - now that's clear  :)  Many thanks

Update: Just installed the new version - all fine

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2015, 09:31:46 am »

Hi, did install 21 on an upgrade install of 10 pro. Master License.
When using the "Rename, Move & Copy Files" with a change of directory and "move all files..." checked, after clicking "ok" I am asked to "Confirm Library Changes", if I say "No" the music files are not moved but a folder is created at the destination and all the other files are moved to it.
Looks like a bug to me.
Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2015, 05:44:40 pm »

i think this is more a Windows 10 issue. i don't know why or what the trigger is but i don't think MC is the only app that actually triggers this. but yes, i've had the same issue for a while and thought MC was the cause too.
anyway...
after it happens and you restart windows explorer to get the right click context menu working again, the following powershell command i found at a microsoft community forum worked for me. i am not certain what it does, (maybe registers the install apps again?) but here is the copy/past of it if you want to try. like i said, it worked for me and is still holding fast.

1.Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
2.Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
3.Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
4.Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
5.Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
6.When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working. If not, this solution won’t apply to you, unfortunately.

A faster and easier solution when this happens (and it does happen every so often, especially if you leave Photoshop running for a while):

• Hit WIN+R to bring to the run dialogue.
  • Type the following and hit ENTER: taskkill /im searchui.exe
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »

i think this is more a Windows 10 issue. i don't know why or what the trigger is but i don't think MC is the only app that actually triggers this. but yes, i've had the same issue for a while and thought MC was the cause too.
anyway...
after it happens and you restart windows explorer to get the right click context menu working again, the following powershell command i found at a microsoft community forum worked for me. i am not certain what it does, (maybe registers the install apps again?) but here is the copy/past of it if you want to try. like i said, it worked for me and is still holding fast.

3.Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
4.Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
5.Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
6.When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working. If not, this solution won’t apply to you, unfortunately.

This seems to work so far. Thanks
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

maid

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2015, 06:44:23 pm »

Is this a stable version yet ?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

NaranKPatel

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2015, 08:01:33 pm »

ASIO driver stopped working for me, works just fine in 20.

I use a XMOS based spdif converter which feeds my DAC.

Edit: okay restarting windows audio services cleared the problem, looks like a windows problem post upgrade.

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:28 pm »

anyway...

Actually it helped a little, the symptoms are still there but I'd say 30% less. :-( I literally had to play music for 3 hours to see the symptoms.
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 12:08:41 am »

Any chances you could fix this (MTP?) device synchronization bug? The device icon is not at the right place and there is no sync menu. I have to leave the sync and go back to get MC to show me the Sync option...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 10:06:20 am »

Any chances you could fix this (MTP?) device synchronization bug? The device icon is not at the right place and there is no sync menu. I have to leave the sync and go back to get MC to show me the Sync option...

Is it possible the device is still being read. As far as I can tell external devices that are treated as handhelds aren't scanned until they are clicked on in the tree. This can take several seconds to as long as a few minutes to complete depending on the drive.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2015, 10:16:58 am »

Is it possible the device is still being read. As far as I can tell external devices that are treated as handhelds aren't scanned until they are clicked on in the tree. This can take several seconds to as long as a few minutes to complete depending on the drive.
The proper screen never shows unless I change the view myself but shouldn't this screen be fixed regardless?

Erik.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2015, 01:37:54 pm »

BUG: If you use a combination of Category style view with Tree browsing (Like the default Shows view) then the column selections interact in a bad way resetting the other after editing one. See thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97399.0

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
  • "We have assumed control"
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »

It appears that sometimes, when switching tracks, Volume Leveling now "hangs" sometimes:

When switching tracks, a small part at the beginning of the next track is being played at a louder volume, then very soon the playback volume "normalizes" again. I cannot reliably reproduce this, but when I wait long enough, I will notice it on some switches. It sounds like Volume Leveling is simply disengaged during the track switch, and the re-engaged. This fits with my observation that a small amount of time will pass between ticking Volume Leveling in the DSP Studio and the volume adjusting.
The setup where I noticed this is HDMI audio out (wasapi) at 2.0, 44.1->48 kHz, -10 dB Internal Volume, and Volume Leveling.

I can confirm that this is new in MC 21. I am willing to test some more, if required, and split this into a thread of its own, but someone will need to tell me to. For today, though, I'll go to bed now.

Same for me here but with the standard analog output trough my Realtek High Definition Audio (Direct Sound).  No problem in MC 20 with same settings.

Sometime a very short part (500 ms) in the beginning of the next track is played like 12 db louder, then comes back to normal.

This can be a bit dangerous with headphones  :o

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »

It'll automatically import MC20s settings when you install MC21. So once you confirmed that MC21 works fine, just uninstall MC20 after. There is no direct "upgrade", just a migration of the settings.

I have performed 3 installs and none of them imported my MC20 settings. Maybe it's because I backup to a custom folder.

keithsonic

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2015, 06:20:50 am »

Paypal purchase of MC21 verified and downloaded but still showing as trial version.
Paypal ID method does not work says try later
Entered email address but that is rejected.
No registration details received after purchase so completely stuck.
Keith

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2015, 09:50:24 am »

Please see Restoring a License on our wiki.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »

A bug observed on my intel NUC D54250WYK kitchen TV/media server setup: From the EPG, pressing "OK" (enter) on the remote takes you to a program info screen. Selecting "Watch" and pressing "OK" again produces sound but no audio. Pressing the remote's back arrow, then "OK" again makes the video appear correctly. It's as if the video window wasn't initialized correctly the first time.

It does however work fine on another NUC, a 5i7RYH.

EDIT: the NUC D54250WYK works now. It was running win 8.1 with the latest released video driver. I upgraded it to Win10 with the stock Win 10 (slightly newer) video driver, and it is functioning well just like the NUC 5i7RYH (which is also running Win 10).

It would be really nice to have a checkbox to allow watching a current-time TV show directly from the theater view guide when "OK" is pressed (skipping the steps of viewing the intermediate program Info screen, selecting "Watch", and having to press OK a second time).

Golem_vl

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:52 pm »

Translation (to russian for example) doesn't work in new installation process. All dialogues of installation wizard in english

herebedragons69

• Recent member
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2015, 06:28:40 am »

Is there an easy way to transfer / retain the settings I have in MC20?

I've also done some port forwarding on my modem / router that took me a few days to work out. Can I transfer those settings easily to MC21?

How would one normally update to MC21?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2015, 06:34:27 am »

When you install MC21, your settings will be transferred.

Please read other threads on this and post there.  This thread is reserved for reporting reproducible bugs.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2015, 07:30:26 am »

I have performed 3 installs and none of them imported my MC20 settings. Maybe it's because I backup to a custom folder.

If this happens, just make a library backup in MC 20 and restore it in MC 21.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffro

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2015, 10:15:07 am »

I was really hoping for sacd iso sidecar tagging!  >:(

Hopefully in future updates

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2015, 04:36:07 pm »

It appears that sometimes, when switching tracks, Volume Leveling now "hangs" sometimes:

When switching tracks, a small part at the beginning of the next track is being played at a louder volume, then very soon the playback volume "normalizes" again. I cannot reliably reproduce this, but when I wait long enough, I will notice it on some switches. It sounds like Volume Leveling is simply disengaged during the track switch, and the re-engaged. This fits with my observation that a small amount of time will pass between ticking Volume Leveling in the DSP Studio and the volume adjusting.

This happens to me too....

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2015, 05:38:07 pm »

I have upgraded to MC21 and was thinking about a couple of things I would like to do

That I Have found unavailable in previous versions.

1: to be able to convert a .dsf to a flac /if I wish to for another device( I am not currently able to do this)

2: in the shell integration /right click menu,I would like the ability to right click a file or folder,and see convert with MC

so the file/folder loads temporarily into Media Center and converts to what ever I have it set to.

I know I can do this other ways,I just believe the convenience of the context menu would be of use 

Thank you

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2015, 09:04:23 am »

1: to be able to convert a .dsf to a flac /if I wish to for another device( I am not currently able to do this)

Please start a thread about this.  It should be possible in MC20 and MC21.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up