INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG should be working now in MC21  (Read 5573 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
EPG should be working now in MC21
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:11:42 pm »

mc2xml should be fully functional in MC21.   

You can download MC21 for Windows from the MC21 Board.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: EPG should be working now in MC21
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:49:57 pm »

30. NEW: mc2xml is integrated into the program, so it can be used for all your EPG retrieval needs.
I ran this and it seems to work fine for me - it populates my EPG with what looks like correct data.

Note that there were two choices, both identical with "[my city's name] OTA" - but the first one had only Los Angeles stations, while the second one was exactly right (my guess is that the first one was an error, but they did not remove it in case someone was using it anyway).

All my previous timers ("recording rules") from MC20 appeared automatically.

One of them is in 10 minutes, so I will report back.

I created a thread for MC2XML integration in MC21 questions and issues at:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99218.0

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 07:02:42 am »

The new EPG data guide is great! Setup was easy and the data looks good for Live TV.
The only thing I'm waiting to find out about, is whether or not the TV Shows I record will have Season and Episode numbers.

Previously I was getting Season as the year (such as "2003") rather than Season "4" or such. This makes getting the TV  Show meta data tough. I know this is not a JRiver issue (it's up to the EPG data providers) but if it doesn't have Season numbers - we'll need to look for a third-party scraper (maybe XMLTVDB). 

Now just need to wait a little and see what data is available.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:43 pm »

Just installed MC21 and tried mc2xml. When the configuration wizard pops up, the zipcode conatins "-o". I enter my zipcode "91709" and then select "11. Los Angeles OTA Antenna". It apprears do download data but then the configuration wizard pops up again. If I cancel it I get "The guide data is not valid, or does not contain any program information." If I don't cancel it, it will run 4 times before the same error.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 02:43:46 pm »

When you start the TV setup process the second screen called "Television Setup" is where you enter your Country (United States of America) and Postal Code.

You missed putting in your postal code at this step. That is why you get the "-o" in the mc2xml setup dialog.

I just purposely redid my setup and left out the postal code, and your result are exactly what I'm seeing.

I also tried to just enter my postal like you did and it was a "no go".

You need to go back to step 1 and enter the postal code in the JRiver program.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 03:45:47 pm »

The postal code under general of television options is correct.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 03:56:12 pm »

You have the correct postal code entered here?

If yes - sorry, then I don't know what is wrong.
You could go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Settings\MC2XML and delete the "mc2xml.dat" files and then start over with the install.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 04:08:25 pm »

I VNC'd back into the PC and there was a window that had popped up stating something about requiring at least a power user to complete something. Might have been hidden before. Anyhow, that fixed it and now it works. Thanks.

gomjabar

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 09:58:08 am »

the new mc2xml in 21 now shows my city as an option when before it was just my county.  But the list of channels it shows has none of the sub channels dt2, dt3, etc.  Auto on the other hand has all of them but the channels matched this way dont show up in my guide.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 07:20:30 am »

Does this work in the UK?

Ross

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 09:26:58 pm »

Same question does this work in UK?

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 12:54:52 am »

If Microsoft WMC works in your location, then I believe that this should work.

By working, I mean that WMC receives EPG data and can display a guide. If you don't have WMC you can look at the XML file created by mc2xml to see if it has data in there. Make sure you use the source "Microsoft", as per instructions other have posted in this forum.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 12:37:09 pm »

Seems to work for me in the UK, thanks.

Ross
Pages: [1]   Go Up