INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raumfeld Connector doesn't appear as Renderer in MC20  (Read 7440 times)

holwes

Raumfeld Connector doesn't appear as Renderer in MC20
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:46:48 am »

Hi there,

my setup is MC20 (Trial) on a Windows 7 Pro (64bit) Machine. My music is stored on a Synology DS214+. Furthermore I have a Raumfeld Connector in the network.
I want to stream my music right to the Raumfeld, but it failed, because the Connector is not found in MC20. I followed the instructions on http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA#Issues_with_DLNA_discovery but without success. The same setup with Linux works flawless.

Any hints, what I could try?

Best,
Holger

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Raumfeld Connector doesn't appear as Renderer in MC20
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 06:26:52 am »

We have some Raumfield equipment here and it does work.

Did you turn on Media Network in the options for MC?

holwes

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:31:48 am »

We have some Raumfield equipment here and it does work.

Did you turn on Media Network in the options for MC?

No, I didn't, because I thought, this only enables the DLNA Server functionality. Anyway, after activating, the Connector appeared and I could stream a song. After that, MC20 froze and the Connector disappeared again. A reboot didn't help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:17:05 am »

Power the device off and back on.

holwes

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:54:21 am »

I did. It plays one song- after changing the title, it hangs again. Any idea, what there could be wrong? Both devices have a stable Wifi network connection.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:15 am »

Try downloading the DMRA test application from the URL in my sig, and post the log file here.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »

We have a Raumfeld speaker S here that works with MC.
There are a few caveats.
You need to select to have it show up as a DLNA device during the setup.
It will show up as 2 devices, a streaming only device and a normal DLNA device (use of the normal DLNA device is preferred).
You can use the MC generic profile. You should turn off SetNext support for the Raumfeld zone.
(if you want to do some tweaking, the Raumfeld can handle some pretty nice audio formats).
We also have the expander and that works with in the system with MC as well but NOT as a Media server since it doesn't support Search.
It can be a bit flakey. I have to reset the speaker S from time to time when it gets lost.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 03:50:04 am »

It can be a bit flakey. I have to reset the speaker S from time to time when it gets lost.

A question referring to this is: Is there a way to prevent emtying the Playing Now for this lost zone?
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

holwes

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 07:47:14 am »

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. @AndrewFG: I attached the logfile from the test application (with some datas anonymized).
I switched to Foobar2000 and there aren't such issues. The streaming works perfectly and stable (FB2000, UPnP/DLNA Renderer V0.99.49)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 09:59:57 am »

A question referring to this is: Is there a way to prevent emtying the Playing Now for this lost zone?
Not currently, it's possible that might be implemented however.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 10:00:44 am »

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. @AndrewFG: I attached the logfile from the test application (with some datas anonymized).
I switched to Foobar2000 and there aren't such issues. The streaming works perfectly and stable (FB2000, UPnP/DLNA Renderer V0.99.49)
Not sure exactly why it's flakey however it is the Raumfeld device which is locking up.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 04:58:29 pm »

Thanks for the report. It shows that the renderer has an error with Event Subscriptions. This suggests that the solution could be to right click on the renderer in MC and disable the eventing model...

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

poldar39

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 09:48:20 am »

Hello,
I am very interested in this message.
I want to buy a UpNP media render to hear music from my musical library on my PC to my Hi Fi in other room. I use Foobar as audio Reader.

The Raumfeld Connector seems to me a good choice because the high quality of its DAC and connection to a home network with wired connection.

Unfortunately the Teufel user assistance tells me that their Raumfeld connector is not a standard UpNP render so we can use it only with their devices.

It seems that you succeeded to work with the Foobar2000 (with UPnP/DLNA Renderer V0.99.49) and Raumfeld Controler. Can you confirm it and can you tell me how you have configured your Raumfeld connector for that.

Thank you for your help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:46 am »

Hello,
I am very interested in this message.
I want to buy a UpNP media render to hear music from my musical library on my PC to my Hi Fi in other room. I use Foobar as audio Reader.

The Raumfeld Connector seems to me a good choice because the high quality of its DAC and connection to a home network with wired connection.

Unfortunately the Teufel user assistance tells me that their Raumfeld connector is not a standard UpNP render so we can use it only with their devices.

It seems that you succeeded to work with the Foobar2000 (with UPnP/DLNA Renderer V0.99.49) and Raumfeld Controler. Can you confirm it and can you tell me how you have configured your Raumfeld connector for that.

Thank you for your help.

I don't specifically know about the Raumfeld connector but we have a Raumfeld Speaker S and it basically asks if you want to run it as a UPnP device during configuration.
It generally works fine, it accepts a lot of audio formats. Things to keep in mind are
1) It can't play back gaplessly via uPnP
2) It can be pretty slow to respond to uPnP commands
3) It will do a fade in on tracks when you play them if it takes more than a second or so to buffer up.

On the positive side of the ledger the sound seems to me to be quite good for the size of the speaker.

Pages: [1]   Go Up