INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware update problem  (Read 3947 times)

adevoe

Firmware update problem
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:45:30 pm »

Hi everyone, first post. Bought my id around April of 2014, it's always been a little buggy but for the most part works well and I like it.

Tried to update the firmware to v12. It hung on reboot, so I helped it along (shouldn't have done that). Now it stops sending an image to my monitor after initial start up. I looked at the help section on using Rufus to restore the firmware, but I'm not a computer tech and am lost in the process even though I downloaded all the files to my USB drive. I have my files backed up, running MC20 on my laptop.

Can I send this thing back to JRiver to have them reset and start over? Totally lost. I'll pay. Andy

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Frustrated w/firmware update
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:33:18 pm »

That's not nice to hear.

I can't help with a return but I can say that the instructions for restoring Id firmware, here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94636.0
although brief were effective for me.

Maybe you could try again and take note of your steps and what appears to go wrong.

Failing that or if you don't want to mess around, you could PM bob and hopefully get a direct line.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bob

• Administrator
Re: Frustrated w/firmware update
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »

Hi everyone, first post. Bought my id around April of 2014, it's always been a little buggy but for the most part works well and I like it. Tried to update the firmware to v12 and had horrible results. It hung on reboot, so I helped it along (shouldn't have done that). Now it stops sending an image to my monitor after initial start up. I looked at the help section on using Rufus to restore the firmware, but I'm not a computer tech and am lost in the process even though I downloaded all the files to my thumbdrive. I have all my files backed up, running MC20 on my laptop. Can I send this thing back to JRiver to have them reset and start over? Totally lost. I'll pay. Andy
Would you please try running the boot fix on the Id firmware update?

adevoe

Re: Firmware update problem
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 12:58:59 pm »

Thanks guys for the response. I was out all last week on a business trip and am back ready to fix this. I apoligize for my distraught message, I was frustrated that I seemingly broke my id when it was working fine to that point. After screwing up the firmware update, I tried to follow the instructions for restoring the firmware update using Rufus. Was having trouble understanding how to do this. I'll read through the instructions again and give it a try.

I may need to throw out another lifeline. Using Rufus to make a bootable USB was most confusing for me.

Thanks, Andy

adevoe

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »

Got it. Where I got confused was creating the boot image using Rufus. I've never made a bootable USB, so I was in new territory. Hope everyone understands I was frustrated with the update, but of course JRiver rocks. Update installed.

Bob, thanks for the prod. Last weekend I thought I had lost my id!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 04:20:43 pm »

Got it. Where I got confused was creating the boot image using Rufus. I've never made a bootable USB, so I was in new territory. Hope everyone understands I was frustrated with the update, but of course JRiver rocks. Update installed.

Bob, thanks for the prod. Last weekend I thought I had lost my id!
Glad to hear you got it going. Thanks for reporting back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up