INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 3919 times)

tony ferrier

• Recent member
Feature Requests
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:36:36 am »

I have had a Media Centre for many years driving my complete home solution, currently Windows Media Centre on Windows 7, with Microsoft announcing the end of MCE I have been looking for a replacement.
I tried and tested Media Portal but wasn't impressed, installed your MC and really pleased. still in my 30 days trial will be buying this as all tests are good running on Windows 10.
A few things which I think would make a huge difference is

1) In the TV guide can items be colour coded by genre, this was a great feature in MCE, ie Sport and films were colour coded.
2) In MCE I installed My Channel Logos, so rather than having channel names it simply displayed the logo of the channel.
3) Whilst watching TV currently you can select down to bring up the menu and then go left and right and see what the next and previous channel are and what is currently on. In MCE it shows a miniature version of the guide with two channels or you can modify and have 4 showing which you can scroll through and see what is on, could a similar mini TV guide be displayed on screen whilst watching TV. It just saves the user coming out of TV and back to the guide.

Great work though chaps, keep it up. With Windows 10 killing MCE this MC is the only replacement for me.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:41:35 am »

Those features would be nice additions to MC.

I would also like to see the "Media Server" taskbar icon change colors (maybe to Red) when a recording is in progress.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 07:31:58 pm »

Since this request thread seems to be aimed mostly at TV, I'll add my two cents!

I would love to see integration with JRemote or Gizmo so that I can be watching TV on my HTPC and seeing the TV Guide on my handheld.  Then, using that same TV Guide display on the handheld, change the TV.  Theatre view remote'esq, but driven by the aforementioned colorful TV Guide, instead of just channel up, channel down.

EDIT: And I completely agree with Tony's points...  Would love to see all of those changes to the TV viewing experience.

allyn22

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 10:01:51 pm »

This thread says feature request, so I hope I am posting in the right spot. I am newer to MC20 and will be migrating to MC21. The one feature I'd like to see is to globally ignore a user entered directory. Example - I have many sub-directories I create called "old", where i put what i perceive is lesser quality versions of songs. I don't want to remove them, but I don't want multiple versions showing up in the db. I know that these can be created manually, but I'd be there for hours entering each one in.
Can this be done?
Thanks,
Al

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:47:50 pm »

^ Al,

I've posted an answer to how to do your request in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99557.0

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 01:13:13 am »

This thread says feature request, so I hope I am posting in the right spot. I am newer to MC20 and will be migrating to MC21. The one feature I'd like to see is to globally ignore a user entered directory. Example - I have many sub-directories I create called "old", where i put what i perceive is lesser quality versions of songs. I don't want to remove them, but I don't want multiple versions showing up in the db. I know that these can be created manually, but I'd be there for hours entering each one in.
Can this be done?
Thanks,
Al
Search for the directory name and "soft" delete them.  Read carefully.  Try a few before you do them all.

sorepinky

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 11:04:04 pm »

When I turn on PC2, MC21 loads the library from PC1.  I usually run PC2 headlessly (the PC - not me ha ha).  Headless is easy on Windows - just tell it that it doesn't require a login at boot.  If I forgot to turn PC1 on to serve the library across the network, an MC popup shows on PC2 that says something like "Failed to load library" and provides three retry options - each or which requires an input with a mouse or keyboard (i.e. it is not good for headless operation).  I think it would be better if it defaulted to say 10 retries in say 1 minute intervals without user input.  That way when I run JRemote and see that there's something awry, I could simply dash around to PC1 and turn it on, rather than turning on the big plasma just to see what's going on.  Cheers.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 08:18:06 pm »

1) In the TV guide can items be colour coded by genre, this was a great feature in MCE, ie Sport and films were colour coded.
2) In MCE I installed My Channel Logos, so rather than having channel names it simply displayed the logo of the channel.
3) Whilst watching TV currently you can select down to bring up the menu and then go left and right and see what the next and previous channel are and what is currently on. In MCE it shows a miniature version of the guide with two channels or you can modify and have 4 showing which you can scroll through and see what is on, could a similar mini TV guide be displayed on screen whilst watching TV. It just saves the user coming out of TV and back to the guide.

Ditto that. I too miss those WMC features & would love to see them in MCTV. 
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »

( wrong thread  :-X )

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Requests - TV Guide
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:36:28 pm »

I think all the suggested features are great and would love to see them implemented.

I also have a couple more relating to the TV Guide.

1) I'd really like to see a time indicator on the guide, either a little arrow at the top of the guide or ideally a vertical line down through the guide to indicate the current time.

2) I'd really like to be able to schedule recordings remotely, so if I'm out and about and remember that I wanted to record something that night I can do it from my phone or a PC remotely.

Thanks for listening.
Richard

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

Example - I have many sub-directories I create called "old", where i put what i perceive is lesser quality versions of songs. I don't want to remove them, but I don't want multiple versions showing up in the db.

Another way to deal with this requirement in MC, other than moving files to an "old" directory, is to use the Stacks capability.

See my post here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99952.msg692613#msg692613
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up