INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Networking Query  (Read 2187 times)

Iain

• Recent member
Networking Query
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:55:10 am »

I've been perusing the Services and Plug-ins section of MC20. I've decided that a DLNA server would be ideal for my Home Cinema/Audio system, which is located on a separate subnet from the proposed DLNA server.

What I want to do is run audio-only DLNA server over 1000-Base-T ethernet LAN to Denon AVR-3313, which will decode DSD/FLAC audio files. AVR is compatible with both file formats, but I've never used it's network input for this functionality before.

Is this feasible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Networking Query
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:16:33 am »

Depending on what the Denon can do, it may just work.  Please read about DLNA and Media Network on our wiki.

Turn on Media Network in MC options, connect your AVR to the network, then try playing to it from MC (using the AVR as a DLNA Renderer).

Iain

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:20:47 pm »

Depending on what the Denon can do, it may just work.  Please read about DLNA and Media Network on our wiki.

Turn on Media Network in MC options, connect your AVR to the network, then try playing to it from MC (using the AVR as a DLNA Renderer).

I've configured DLNA Server with the following options:
  • Audiophile 24-bit DAC
  • Generic DLNA
  • Legacy UPnP

Not sure what the first option is, but it sounded valid.

Having some problems getting it to connect. I looked at the AVR-3313 user manual and it says:
"This unit can play back music files and playlists (m3u, wpl) stored on a PC and on Network Attached
Storage (NAS) that supports DLNA.

Important information
• The network audio playback function of this unit connects to the server using technologies shown below.
• Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
• Windows Media DRM10"

Running Windows 7 Professional X64

Does JRiver MC20 support these technologies?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 12:29:58 pm »

It should work fine with a Denon.  My old Denon (before the amp died for the 3rd time) worked fine.

But, I doubt it will be able to cross subnets unless you do substantial work to make sure the DLNA broadcast packets can cross subnets.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up