INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant remove MC 18  (Read 2854 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Cant remove MC 18
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:38:44 am »

I am having aLL SORTS OF PROBLEMS WITH MC 21. i REMOVED MC 21.....MC 18 WAS STILL ON THE MACHINE BUT IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO REMOVE IT. ABY SUGGESTIONS?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cant remove MC 18
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:46:48 am »

You will need to reinstall MC18 (over itself) then once MC18 is active/installed you can use the MC18 uninstall tool.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:41 am »

Thanks, CB. Your suggested worked well.

Regarding other issues.....the "Non-smooth" live TV i'm experiencing is still an issue. Made no changes to the clients or server but just started. Is not anantivirus issue as none is installed.

And with all due respect, while I love MC21 and basically functions fine, it is NOT without it's anomalies. It isn't perfect.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:34 am »

Nothing is perfect.

Set your video to Red October Standard.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:49:49 am »

Thanks, CB. Your suggested worked well.

Regarding other issues.....the "Non-smooth" live TV i'm experiencing is still an issue. Made no changes to the clients or server but just started. Is not anantivirus issue as none is installed.

And with all due respect, while I love MC21 and basically functions fine, it is NOT without it's anomalies. It isn't perfect.

Are you streaming the Live TV from Server to Client? If, yes perhaps this is a networking issue.
Do Movies play smoothly on Client machines?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:17:29 am »

hi CB.

Yes, all prerecorded files play smoothly. What is strange is that on my Server in my dedicated home theater I had Red Oct set to HD. Same with one of the clients that is in my living room. Both are on identical CAPSv3 Zuma computers. The "Server" plays live tv just fine set to HD. But the client machine in the living room had the shacky playback with live TV. when i set it to SD it seems to playback fine. I must again verify this as i haven't had much time this week to look at it again. But considering they're the same machine it doesn't make sense to me.....

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:18:16 am »

by the way....just noticed the new version....I'll be updating all machines this afternoon....

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:33:22 am »

If I understand your reply correctly, when JRiver is set to RO+HQ (High Quality using madVR) TV playback is jumpy, but when it is set to RO+STD (not using madVR) it plays okay.

If so, it may be a problem with the way madVR is setup for interlaced video versus progressive video. Perhaps try adjusting the settings in madVR.

See this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced_video

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 11:59:47 am »

Thank you very much for this insight. I'll check it out & report back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up