INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files disappear in MC20 while importing  (Read 3038 times)

rkoneil

Files disappear in MC20 while importing
« on: August 27, 2015, 07:19:00 am »

I am attempting to import a library from a mounted NAS location.  During import, all appears well...files are being added, thumbnails created, etc.  When the file count reaches approximately 1000, the files previously imported disappear and the file count restarts with the next set of files being imported.  Once the import is finished, all files are gone...nothing.  The window then says, "There are no files.  Double-click here to add files to the library."  The import summary shows 1357 files imported, but I see nothing.

Could this be a problem with my NAS?  I'm using a Netgear ReadyNas 2120.  Thanks in advance for any help!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Files disappear in MC20 while importing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:47 am »

Try importing a couple dozen at a time (for testing).
If you go to Playlists>SmartLists>"Imported this Month", do any of the files show?

rkoneil

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:48 am »

Yes, some of the files show up in the Smartlist option.  Not all, but some.  Still not viewable in the Audio/File tab.

rkoneil

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 11:44:24 am »

And, to make things a little more complicated (maybe), files will appear then disappear and reappear.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:54 am »

Could this be a problem with my NAS?  I'm using a Netgear ReadyNas 2120.  
Probably.  It might also be somewhere else on the network.  Try powering everything off and back on.

Check the Netgear site for similar problems.

Check for a firmware upgrade for it.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:43:43 pm »

Not all, but some.  Still not viewable in the Audio/File tab.

Maybe the files did not get tagged as Media Type "Audio". But even if it was incorrectly tagged it should still show under "Imported this Month" (I would expect) if is somewhere in the MC database.
What file types are you  importing (MP3, FLAC, etc.)?

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 02:43:13 pm »

MC has an option for removing files from MC's view when they go "missing" on disk.

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > Tasks > Fix Broken links

You might try setting this to "NO" as a test and importing a folder or two.  If the files are "disappearing" from the file system and MC can't find them, it will put a red minus sign ( - ) next to them.  With "Fix Broken" set to Yes, they will just disappear.

Jim's suggestion of resetting everything on the network is a good one.  That gets you to a solid starting point.

Brian.

rkoneil

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 06:49:49 pm »

I'm importing all .wav files.  Completely reset all components in the network.  Cleared the library.  Ran another import.  Same result.  All went well until I reached almost exactly 1000 files and...poof...all gone.  It almost seems like the data is missing somehow.

Crazy.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 07:08:12 pm »

What view are you using when you see them disappear?

You say the NAS is mapped.  Does that mean you are accessing it via a drive letter like M: ?  Are the files still visible in Windows Explorer after they disappear from MC?

Very interesting and unusual problem.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 08:12:37 pm »

I'm importing all .wav files.  Completely reset all components in the network.  Cleared the library.  Ran another import.  Same result.  All went well until I reached almost exactly 1000 files and...poof...all gone.  It almost seems like the data is missing somehow.

Did you turn off Fix Missing Links, as Brian described above.  I agree that could be the likely culprit.

Or, they're being misdetected and then filtered out of the View. But then you couldn't re-import them, if that was the case.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up