INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual Renderer Set-up - feature request  (Read 1825 times)

HarleyJoeM

• Recent member
Manual Renderer Set-up - feature request
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:27:17 am »

I am using JRiver 20 with an OPPO-105 as renderer, which works 'sometimes'.  The OPPO shows up in my network (Win7), but does not appear in 'Playing Now', regardless of whether I reboot my server running JRiver, or the OPPO.

As a feature request, please consider creating a means to select / configure renderers on a network.  This could be by device name, MAC address, or IP address.  Including auto-discovery of devices would be fine, though that feature is similar to the discovery built into 'Playing Now', which exists now, though cannot typically find my OPPO.

BTW, I have Netgear router connecting both the OPPO and the JRiver server, so the problem is not the network.

thanks for the consideration,

Joe

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Manual Renderer Set-up - feature request
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:57:24 am »

If the Oppo is a UPnP or DLNA Renderer, it should show up under Playing Now.  Someone else reported problems with this recently.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Manual Renderer Set-up - feature request
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:06:40 pm »

I have an Oppo 105 on my network, and appears in MC Playing Now absolutely rock solid. If your Oppo is only intermittently present then you probably either have a DHCP IP addressing issue, a routing issue, or a network drop out issue. Please describe your network topology, medium and devices present.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up