INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp4 videos  (Read 4420 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
mp4 videos
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:07 am »

Hi all it seem's that im having few issuse with jriver now but to do with video files that are .mp4 (tv shows and movies) . out of 1000 ish video file (which some are m2ts.avi.mkv.mp4 and ts) there's 63 mp4 films and tv series episodes that dont get imported and end up in the audio part of jriver with unassigned ( what the hell is that about) now been ponding about if i rename any one of these mp4 file to say .ts jriver imports them but he is the thing the likes of kodi,mediaportal,wmc+mediabrowsers 3 and vlc and mplayer (windows) and mpc-hc wont play the newly renamed file but jriver will. (im not going to rename all my files) so any help on this be great coz im stumped has to why jriver wont import them when likes kodi,mediaportal,wmc+media browser has no issuse (and had tryed them in past, so thought i give jriver a go now but hmm)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: mp4 videos
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:45:42 pm »

I think you just need to reassign the "Media Type".
Go to Standard View>Audio>files add the column "Media Type" (right click on the column header and put a check mark next to Media Type in the popup list) then look at those MP4 files. If the Media Type is "Audio", change it to "Video". You can edit the field by clicking on it then hitting F2 key. You can also select a bunch at a time by holding Ctrl key while clicking on file.

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:48:36 pm »

Many thanks for the the help but its no good. only imports them when i rename the to a .ts file.

done what you said all the files were audio change them to tv and video then i run the import all files that were in unassigned audio went i thought yeah done it but when i went to films were missing the ones it didnt import same a tv shows , so i thought lets rename them to .ts file and bingo they imported but wont play in anythink other then jriver .

like i said many thanks for the help tho

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:59:20 pm »

Could you have imported and deleted these files in the past? If so, MC won't import them again, as it tracks deleted files and retains enough information about them to know which they are.

So, if you imported the files, they turned up as audio files because they had the wrong tag information, so you deleted them, MC will not import them again.

If this is the problem, you have to delete the file records from the deleted files database I MC. Do this by following Glynor's instructions over here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72593.msg491631#msg491631

Once you get them imported again, they will probably show up in as audio files if the tags were wrong. If so, just edit the tags [Media Type] to "video" and [Media Sub Type] to "TV Show" or "Movie", as required.

EDIT: Before you try that though, which was required because there was some trouble with MC functionality, just try turning off the "Ignore files previously removed from library" flag in the Auto Import options. See image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:40:32 am »

Update I've done everything both of you's have told me but nothink work's only thing that work's 100% is if these files are rename to .ts file , done a fresh install of windows x64 and x32 on spare HDD and same thing happens cant for life of me understand why jriver is only seeing these as audio and when told it's video wont import as said it only imports when renamed to .ts file .

the strange thing is that mediaportal and kodi import these files no problem no missing movies or tv show/episodes but jriver has issuse's lol there is always somethink that crops up . like all aspects of jriver thought yep this is the frontend for me htpc nice easy readable fonts in tv guide and info for movies/tv shows (no more leaving the chair to read what's on lol) but not importing episodes and movies (some of them) is a big deal breaker , where as these other htpc frontends have no issuses which is strange .

thanks to both of you's for helping
 ps I seems that jriver cant tell the differents with .mp4 where it thinks its mp4 audio but why audio mp4 , mp3 for audio and mp4 video, thats why i think its stumbling at this hurdle wheres as other htpc frontend's see mp4 as video files primary wheres as jriver primary is audio.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:59:54 am »

Take a look at the MP4 files that work and those that don't work with Mediainfo program. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
Hopefully you will see what the difference is between the working files and those that do not, and fix it, or report to JRiver so they can fix their software (if this is a bug of some sort).

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 06:13:19 am »

many thanks for the program link but the files that imported and the ones that dont are same tech info and no issuse's so maybe a bug with jriver coz as i mentioned soon as i rename the files to .ts get's imported everytime .

cheer's for the help tho

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 06:28:46 am »

Actually MP4s can be just audio files as well, though as you say they are primarily found as video files.

If one of the bad files is small enough, post it somewhere where we can download it and test it. Maybe one of us will be able to see what is wrong. If you don't have a small sample, try trimming one down, testing if it imports, and if not post it somewhere for us.

Alternately, edit one of the bad files and save it to a new name as an MP4, the see if the edited file imports.

PS: CountryBumkin, you should use the Sourceforge link for MediaInfo as that source has no attached trial or other software. The link you used has been criticised as having adware installed with it that is hard to remove.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 07:37:52 am »

PS: CountryBumkin, you should use the Sourceforge link for MediaInfo as that source has no attached trial or other software. The link you used has been criticised as having adware installed with it that is hard to remove.

Thanks for the reminder! Link corrected.

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 03:35:53 am »

Hi back again but this time good news lol after all day sunday i sorted the problem and thought i should let you's know who was helping.

all the .mp4 files that was'nt importing i had to highlight each file and goto the tools menu and select fill properties from file name and tick automatic and tick clean results then when done all they got imported. dont understand why this worked but it has lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up