INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: QNAP Instructions and Questions  (Read 117955 times)

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
Re: QNAP Instructions and Questions
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2016, 11:39:34 am »

My USB DACs are not in the list. So the JRiver options on QNAP is not really a solution. I will probably go for the NUC (with Windows 10) option. That gives me everything including Theater View.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »

How do I properly troubleshoot crashes of the app on my QNAP system, i.e. where can I find the log? Also there's no remote way of restarting the server is there?  Currently this is not a stable solution as the app can't remain open until I return home during the day.

Junghwan

• Recent member
  • ...wish you were here
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2016, 11:17:55 am »

Also there's no remote way of restarting the server is there?  Currently this is not a stable solution as the app can't remain open until I return home during the day.
You can install vnc server for HD Station. You can find the qpgk at Qnap forum.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2016, 01:39:10 pm »

You can install vnc server for HD Station. You can find the qpgk at Qnap forum.
This is very neat.  Thanks for the heads up on this!

Patatorz

• Recent member
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2016, 02:43:28 am »

I think the VNC Server for HDStation is not anymore available on the forum.

Jatzoo

• Recent member
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2016, 03:43:48 am »

Father_mande awake some packages including VNC  ;D

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=112420#p492163

Patatorz

• Recent member
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2016, 03:48:10 am »

Thanks for the information I missed : it is a real good news as I'm using the previous version .
Thanks for the link

Okanochiwa

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2016, 09:41:43 am »

I have a QNAP TS-231. Is it possible to force the installation of Media Center?

petacat

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2016, 01:16:08 am »

I bought a QNAP NAS to replace a Synology one so that I could run the MC Server without requiring a PC to be running and hoping to remove one link in the communication chain.

Alright. I have read the instructions and they are clear. Use HD Station to install a package called Media Centre 21. Only problem is that my new QNAP NAS has no such thing. It has version 4.2.1 of the operating software and is a model TS-563. A search of the QNAP site for Hybrid Diskstation finds several articles including the guide to installing MC 21. Each starts with "use HD Station to ..."

All quite confusing and succeeds only in becoming a circular argument.

Does anyone understand what this is all about? Is there some compatibility issue or requirement that I need to know about?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2016, 07:15:25 am »

Please direct that question to QNAP.  It is possible that only some models support MC.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2016, 10:20:25 am »

I don't know how they filter the release of MC but in general it requires a X86_64 architecture and a couple of gigs of ram.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2016, 04:49:31 am »

I bought a QNAP NAS to replace a Synology one so that I could run the MC Server without requiring a PC to be running and hoping to remove one link in the communication chain.

Alright. I have read the instructions and they are clear. Use HD Station to install a package called Media Centre 21. Only problem is that my new QNAP NAS has no such thing. It has version 4.2.1 of the operating software and is a model TS-563. A search of the QNAP site for Hybrid Diskstation finds several articles including the guide to installing MC 21. Each starts with "use HD Station to ..."

All quite confusing and succeeds only in becoming a circular argument.

Does anyone understand what this is all about? Is there some compatibility issue or requirement that I need to know about?

Circular? I'd say the path that you're sent on is a bit of a dead end.

When I check the relevant page relating to apps for your model, I get this:
https://www.qnap.com/i/en/app_center/index.php?type=5&II=194&for_qts4=&hf=
and MC is listed. So, that tells me you're good to go with the model you've got.

Clicking on the MC icon gives the attached pic. Refer the red box.

When I click on the tutorial, I'm sent to:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Main_Page
Entering the string "qnap" in the Wiki search box yields slim pickings. So, I get your confusion.

What the tutorial link should send you to is this:
https://www.qnap.com/i/en/tutorial/con_show.php?op=showone&cid=196
which is where I was expecting to be sent to, so I'm guessing the link was redirected at some stage or my memory is failing me.

Regardless, I'd recommend 2 things:
1. The qnap link should be fixed so that it points the user to a sensible location for helpful info, i.e. the qnap link.
2. The Interact Wiki include a reference to the qnap link - which would provide more circle and less argument.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2016, 11:17:29 am »

When I look at this, the tutorial link downloads a PDF describing the process of setting up MC.
The Wikipedia link goes to the MC wiki page for general purpose information.

The link you posted astronomo looks like an HTML version of the PDF that's linked above by the tutorial link.

rkerekes

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2016, 04:28:58 am »

I have a QNAP TS-453A. It is connected to a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver through HDMI.
I have installed JRiver in HD station and set
Audio device hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 [ALSA]
Sample rate: no change for all input
Channels: Source number of channels
Bitstreaming: YES (HDMI)

If I am playing a bluray with TruHD of DTS-HD MA track, sampling rate and surround are OK, audio path says direct, no changes are being made. However my receiver indicates that the format is PCM, while if I use JRiver on a windows machine, it indicates TruHD or DTS-HD MA.
What could be the problem? Thanks.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2016, 10:24:42 am »

any plans for MC22 and QNAP?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2016, 02:52:07 am »

Just to note for the record, my QNAP TS-653Pro was stuck trying to upgrade to MC21 Build 91.

I ended up downloading the Build 91 module, from the App Centre as a standalone:
QNAP MC21 App
and uploaded the module manually. Seems to have installed without issue (untested).

Apologies if I missed the memo on this one (somebody else may have already reported a similar experience). It would probably help if there was a dedicated QNAP (and if other NAS units are added chuck those in too) discussion board. I know it's a Linux based build but similar to the Id, it's not the same beast...   :)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:31 am »

I have a QNAP TS-453A. It is connected to a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver through HDMI.
I have installed JRiver in HD station and set
Audio device hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 [ALSA]
Sample rate: no change for all input
Channels: Source number of channels
Bitstreaming: YES (HDMI)

If I am playing a bluray with TruHD of DTS-HD MA track, sampling rate and surround are OK, audio path says direct, no changes are being made. However my receiver indicates that the format is PCM, while if I use JRiver on a windows machine, it indicates TruHD or DTS-HD MA.
What could be the problem? Thanks.
Maybe set the DSP studio output encoding to DSD in DoP?
Linux can only do DSD in DoP through alsa.

peterl_48

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2016, 09:44:24 am »

I must say that since I had an issue with my Rio Karma, many many years ago,  there was no need for me to use the interact forum actively.
But now I bought a Qnap TS-451+ (2GB) also because its ability to use Media Center.
I installed it from the Qnap app-center. I also bought a master license for MC22 (Windows and Linux)
I removed Media Center from my Qnap because it was expired and I would install MC22 only to find that MC21 was still current.
No sign of it in the Qnap app-center anymore. Even the link posted by Astromo on September 30  (QNAP MC21 app) is now linked to Photo-station....

Is there a way to install MC21 again?

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2016, 11:41:31 am »

I must say that since I had an issue with my Rio Karma, many many years ago,  there was no need for me to use the interact forum actively.
But now I bought a Qnap TS-451+ (2GB) also because its ability to use Media Center.
I installed it from the Qnap app-center. I also bought a master license for MC22 (Windows and Linux)
I removed Media Center from my Qnap because it was expired and I would install MC22 only to find that MC21 was still current.
No sign of it in the Qnap app-center anymore. Even the link posted by Astromo on September 30  (QNAP MC21 app) is now linked to Photo-station....

Is there a way to install MC21 again?

Thanks!
Interesting.
I haven't heard anything from them.
I'll ask.

jokertest

• Recent member
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2016, 09:24:02 am »

Interesting.
I haven't heard anything from them.
I'll ask.

Hi Bob,
any news about MC in qnap app center?
I need to reinstall MC but not see it

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2016, 11:40:45 am »

Hi Bob,
any news about MC in qnap app center?
I need to reinstall MC but not see it
Nothing yet.
Here is a link to the last build they posted. You will have to install it manually.
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/stable/MediaCenter21_21.0.91_x86_64.qpkg
Here is a link to the latest MC 21 build for QNAP. Same as above, install manually.
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter21_21.0.93_x86_64.qpkg

Patatorz

• Recent member
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2016, 02:01:33 am »

Hello, I'm not sure if there is a reason why JRiver is not anymore on qnap app center but it seems that we can install manually.

Is there any plan to move to MC22 as I upgraded my master licence from 21 to 22 ?

Jatzoo

• Recent member
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2016, 05:49:31 am »

This is from Qnap Forum:

Dear customer,

QNAP has ended support for the following apps and they have been removed from the HD Station:

- KODI / XBMC
- MediaCenter21

Therefore we are unable to provide further assistance regarding these apps.

Additionally, the HD Player application is temporarily removed from the HD Station and will be re-added at a later date. Support for HD Player will continue as normal.

Please see below for some alternative apps to use:

1. Use Linux Station to install a multimedia player in the Ubuntu virtual machine and play video content

2. Use Plex Home Theater (install it in HD Station) to play video content

3. Search online forums for 3rd party multimedia apps for HD Station

We thank you for continuing to use QNAP products.

Link: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=126937#p574558

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2016, 11:39:27 am »

We are still waiting to see how this resolves.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:19 pm »

What do you recommend? does this mean that I have to use JRiver just as a client and rely on Qnap media server? I am confused then.

Too many servers around ;)

what about minim? I read it is great for classical music.

thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

KBozenski

« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43:48 am »

I've recently purchased a QNAP TS-451+ to use as a media server.  I've installed MC22 and I've gotten it to open and import files so it's working properly.  I'm just having a lot of problems trying to install the registration.  I've got a master license so it should work.  I've gotten the key but the install within MC22 allows me to enter the key but then doesn't do anything after that.  I've downloaded a key via Chrome but can't find it when I open the download forlder fiel File station and the link to open up the containing folder in Chrome doesn't work.  Even if I could get to the file, I'm not sure where to move it to get it to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Also I don't see how to active MC 22 as a media server.  The normal link under Tools -> Advanced or Options -> Advanced (I can't remember which) is missing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2017, 10:12:38 am »

PAPETOURNE

• Recent member
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2017, 08:40:04 am »

Hello
I've got a QNAP HS251+,  I succeed a long ago to install MC22 on HD station using QPKG installation that was given on this forum. However I just bought MC23 but still wonder if Linux version has been released and the tuto to install it on my NAS and to supersede MC22.
thanks for help

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2017, 02:50:44 pm »

Hello
I've got a QNAP HS251+,  I succeed a long ago to install MC22 on HD station using QPKG installation that was given on this forum. However I just bought MC23 but still wonder if Linux version has been released and the tuto to install it on my NAS and to supersede MC22.
thanks for help

To the best of my knowledge, a qpkg for MC23 hasn't been released. Nor have I seen mention of a release.

PAPETOURNE

• Recent member
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2017, 04:02:22 am »

To the best of my knowledge, a qpkg for MC23 hasn't been released. Nor have I seen mention of a release.
Hello
For the QNAP owner, we are still expecting the MC23 QPKG version, were are we on this ? any progress Bob ?
Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2017, 03:45:00 pm »

Hello
For the QNAP owner, we are still expecting the MC23 QPKG version, were are we on this ? any progress Bob ?
Thanks
Looking at this a bit today.
MC23 for AMD64 is now compiled on a version of debian that's not compatible with the QNAP's version of linux (which is ubuntu 14.04).
I tried to see if the i386 build (compiled on a compatible version of debian) would run on it but no luck, QNAP is missing some of the compatibility libraries.

PAPETOURNE

• Recent member
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2017, 02:21:53 am »

Hello Bob
Although I'm sure to have completely understood your previous reply and involvement on this issue, dis you make any progress on MC23 compatibility for QNAP ?
Thanks
Patrick

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2017, 09:03:41 am »

Hello Bob
Although I'm sure to have completely understood your previous reply and involvement on this issue, dis you make any progress on MC23 compatibility for QNAP ?
Thanks
Patrick
Hi Patrick,
The compile environment for MC23 is no longer compatible with the ubuntu release on the QNAP so we won't be doing a HDStation build of MC23 for the QNAP.
If you want to run MC23 you'll need to use a docker image.
There will be an update to the MC22 QNAP build to fix a couple of bugs discovered in the MC23 development process.

captainkurt

• Recent member
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2017, 09:49:25 pm »

My MC 21 for QNAP has gotten unstable and crashes. Ideally I would like to use my master license for MC 23 and install that on my QNAP. Here is the response from QNAP:

Hi Kurt,

It depends on the install type that you have. Our QNAP device only accepts apps that are .qpkg format, so if you can find a version of Media Center 23 that is in that format, then it will work. You would have to find this file from the Media Center webpage itself though, we don't provide that.

Best regards,

Daniel Lei
QNAP, Inc.
US. Tech Support

Please advise if there is any chance MC 23 will work on my QNAP. If not I need help reinstalling MC 21 (21 license came with QNAP but I purchased a 23 master thinking I could use it on QNAP as well as PC).

Cheers,

Kurt

jampot

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2018, 01:34:55 pm »

Hi I am new to this forum & am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

I have had MC (ver 22)working within (QNAP 453A) HDstation using a master license. Had a corruption on my NAS and had to rebuild, now MC within HDstation will not accept my master license, 'license for another product' message. Can someone advise how to fix this please?

QNAP TS-453A
Firmware ver: 4.3.4.0427
HD Station: 3.2.3
MC (qpkg): MediaCenter22_22.0.48_x86_64
MC license: Media Center23 Master-380233

I have also tried MediaCenter22_22.0.111-5_x86_64.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2018, 04:12:23 pm »

Hi I am new to this forum & am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

I have had MC (ver 22)working within (QNAP 453A) HDstation using a master license. Had a corruption on my NAS and had to rebuild, now MC within HDstation will not accept my master license, 'license for another product' message. Can someone advise how to fix this please?

QNAP TS-453A
Firmware ver: 4.3.4.0427
HD Station: 3.2.3
MC (qpkg): MediaCenter22_22.0.48_x86_64
MC license: Media Center23 Master-380233

I have also tried MediaCenter22_22.0.111-5_x86_64.
I'll check that when I get some time. You may have to bump this if you don't hear for a while...

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2018, 03:11:59 am »

I can provide preliminary confirmation of a bust on my Qnap TS-653 Pro running:
Firmware v4.3.4
HD Station v3.2.3
MC22 MediaCenter22_22.0.111-5_x86_64.qpkg

My Windows HTPC is no longer seeing the MC server on the Qnap NAS. I've done a reinstall of the qpkg but no change.

When I get off Daddy day care, Dad duty, I'll try logging into the Qnap via HD Station directly and see what it says. I'll report back with what I find, when I can - unless I get gazzumped and anyone out there feel free to jump in.

I suspect that with the change of Firmware / HD Station that occurred over the Christmas / New Year period, MC got the short shrift. You can probably point the finger at Intel's Meltdown (even if it's not justified) to be partly responsible.

The MC qpkg has been on borrowed time after Qnap did the dirty on JRiver, so I'm not holding out high hopes that Bob is going to burn a lot of effort to get this one sorted in quick smart time (unfortunately). On the upside, it's pretty easy to run MC in pull mode (my Qnap NAS shows up as a Samba file source, which is how I typically drag in video to my HTPC), so no biggie. You can also always run a VM on the Qnap if you've got the RAM and the rest, then set up a Linux (or Windows if you really want) instance and get a NAS based server operating that way. From a speed/bandwidth perspective, this only really makes sense to me if it's for audio. Video could work (not something I've tested) but I have my doubts.

EDIT: The bust was addressed by restarting the instance of MC. In my case, I went back to basics and reinstalled the qpkg. Logged into HD Station and started MC with no problem. The Qnap instance of MC shows up as a server in my local MC network.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2018, 09:46:45 am »

I can provide preliminary confirmation of a bust on my Qnap TS-653 Pro running:
Firmware v4.3.4
HD Station v3.2.3
MC22 MediaCenter22_22.0.111-5_x86_64.qpkg

My Windows HTPC is no longer seeing the MC server on the Qnap NAS. I've done a reinstall of the qpkg but no change.

When I get off Daddy day care, Dad duty, I'll try logging into the Qnap via HD Station directly and see what it says. I'll report back with what I find, when I can - unless I get gazzumped and anyone out there feel free to jump in.

I suspect that with the change of Firmware / HD Station that occurred over the Christmas / New Year period, MC got the short shrift. You can probably point the finger at Intel's Meltdown (even if it's not justified) to be partly responsible.

The MC qpkg has been on borrowed time after Qnap did the dirty on JRiver, so I'm not holding out high hopes that Bob is going to burn a lot of effort to get this one sorted in quick smart time (unfortunately). On the upside, it's pretty easy to run MC in pull mode (my Qnap NAS shows up as a Samba file source, which is how I typically drag in video to my HTPC), so no biggie. You can also always run a VM on the Qnap if you've got the RAM and the rest, then set up a Linux (or Windows if you really want) instance and get a NAS based server operating that way. From a speed/bandwidth perspective, this only really makes sense to me if it's for audio. Video could work (not something I've tested) but I have my doubts.

EDIT: The bust was addressed by restarting the instance of MC. In my case, I went back to basics and reinstalled the qpkg. Logged into HD Station and started MC with no problem. The Qnap instance of MC shows up as a server in my local MC network.
Are you using that one with a MC 22 or MC 23 license?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2018, 03:12:44 pm »

Are you using that one with a MC 22 or MC 23 license?

I need to reinstall the licence, so I didn't get that far. Which one do you want me to use?

szczemirek

• Recent member
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2018, 03:56:07 pm »

After firmware 4.3.4 update VNC stop working and I can't find apt-get ;(
Any information, help?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2018, 04:13:41 pm »

I need to reinstall the licence, so I didn't get that far. Which one do you want me to use?
Either SHOULD work...

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2018, 07:33:16 am »

Either SHOULD work...

I used my MC22 rego key and it licenced up without a hitch.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2018, 09:59:57 am »

And if the MC23 key doesn't work I'd like to hear about that.

jampot

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2018, 03:55:45 am »

I'll check that when I get some time. You may have to bump this if you don't hear for a while...

Hi Bob I did try MC23 license originally with MC22 build (as per above) - do you have a suggestion for a fix? - thanks

PAPETOURNE

• Recent member
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2018, 08:55:07 am »

Hi Patrick,
The compile environment for MC23 is no longer compatible with the ubuntu release on the QNAP so we won't be doing a HDStation build of MC23 for the QNAP.
If you want to run MC23 you'll need to use a docker image.
There will be an update to the MC22 QNAP build to fix a couple of bugs discovered in the MC23 development process.
Just had a trouble with my QNAP HS 251+, so I had to reload MC22 qpkg onto it. I now discover that I could not load a DLNA Library (Twonky media) because when I try MC gets stuck with no other possibility than hard reset of the NAS. Do you this issue that is new to me because before my NAS problem it was working ?is there any update available in QPKG form for qnap MC22 installed ?
Thanks
Patrick

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2018, 10:03:30 am »

I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC

PAPETOURNE

• Recent member
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2018, 01:00:10 am »

I'm Amazed to read such a message, i can inderstand you don't want to develop further QPKG version, but for the current ones that all QNAP nas owners payed to get them , i reckon a minimum of support is due. Last message I received from Bob was relating to a possible update for the last MC22 for qnap, that's the reason for my message, as the current one does not work properly.
I owned also MC21 and MC23 for windows, JRiver made advertising for MC24 bit I'll wait a bit before before going to it.
Thanks anyway for your support
Patrick

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2018, 06:40:30 am »

Well, there's the Docker alternative, which is likely your best bet trying to run MC on a NAS, especially newer MC but it's likely considered unsupported. Otherwise JRiver doesn't recommend installing MC on QNAP devices anymore. Personally, I don't think it's worth the trouble trying to install and run MC from a NAS anyways, when you can do it instead from a Raspberry Pi or an Id.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC

vinayag67

« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2018, 01:40:22 am »

And if the MC23 key doesn't work I'd like to hear about that.

I recently bought qnap TS53B and installed mc21 and tried to purchase licence. It says it is not available for sale. Purchased a linux licence separately and tried to activate and error message says it is not compatible. How to resolve this issue. I have a master licence for mc23 which runs perfect in my pc.
thanks

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2018, 03:56:05 am »

I recently bought qnap TS53B and installed mc21 and tried to purchase licence. It says it is not available for sale. Purchased a linux licence separately and tried to activate and error message says it is not compatible. How to resolve this issue. I have a master licence for mc23 which runs perfect in my pc.
thanks

Here's the final word from bob the Linux MC Master (check Reply #10):
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=114219.0
I'd suggest that you try using Build 114 ... it *should* work with an MC23 licence but don't complain to me if it doesn't. I've got an MC22 licence and 114 installs fine on my TS-653Pro.

This archived info from Qnap might help ... dunno ... just throwing it in there cos' it dredged itself up when I Duck-Duck'ed it.
https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/GUIDE/Jriver_ENG.pdf

Cheers   ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up