INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRMC18 drop outs  (Read 7296 times)

Beetlemania

• Recent member
JRMC18 drop outs
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:13:29 pm »

My PC was acting oddly, including occasional stuttering with MC. So, I reformatted/reimaged. Now, I'm getting audio drop outs every 2-4 songs. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. My SW: JRMC18, PMW, dBPoweramp, Firefox, Acrobat, SyncToy, HDTracks, and Thesycon driver for my Ayre QB-9. That's it - an audio dedicated PC.

I did a MC library backup, so all the settings seem to be OK. Any ideas?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRMC18 drop outs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »

hard to say, I don't know what a thesycon driver is, but I suppose it an ASIO driver from Ayre (probably should be using their driver. You could try changing your device to WASAPI, but lots of times with people using old versions it is a driver issue.  Make sure your video drivers are up to date (actually all your drivers, especially the Ayre one).  Old video drivers can mess things up, even for audio playback.  Could also be a network issue, but if its a stand alone HTPC, don't see how it could be. Your other programs won't have anything to do with it (no clue what PMW is tho). And it used to work right?

Other wise try version 21 (free for 30 days and see if the problem goes away, version 18 is getting a bit old now, might be compatibility issues with something else like the Asio driver??

Beetlemania

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply. PMW = Pono. Thesycon is the driver for USB 2.0 compliance, allows files >96 kHz. All drivers are up to date and were successfully used before I re-imaged. I am using WASAPI output.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 03:36:02 pm »

http://www.ayre.com/usb_driver.htm is this the driver you have installed?.  I think this is the one.

Then you would want to load it as the audio device I think in JR. I'd try it instead of WASAPI as normally with good Dacs its their driver thats important for timing issues. There should be no problem with this DAC -- its a nice one  :)

Beetlemania

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 04:12:08 pm »

Yes, that's what I'm using. It is working fine as evidenced by my ability to play 192 kHz files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 01:33:34 am »

Maybe the solution to this problem is the same as the one that solved your previous problem?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80384.msg556869#msg556869

Beetlemania

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:31 am »

Um, this is a fresh Windows 7 reimage. Here is the ENTIRETY of my installed SW: JRMC18, PMW, dBPoweramp, Firefox, Acrobat, SyncToy, HDTracks, and Thesycon driver.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 11:05:02 am »

Are there buffering settings that can be adjusted on the windows driver being used?  Buffering can make a big difference sometimes.

Brian.

Beetlemania

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 11:12:57 am »

Thanks for the reply.

"Are there buffering settings that can be adjusted on the windows driver being used?"
Can you tell me a specific place where I can check? Is this the WASAPI?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 11:13:10 am »

I would try it without the Thesycon driver and then try reinstalling the driver.

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 11:19:27 am »

I would try it without the Thesycon driver and then try reinstalling the driver.
yes! that could do it

All drivers are up to date and were successfully used before I re-imaged. I am using WASAPI output.
Did you try the Ayre ASio driver from JRiver and not WASAPI, as I said? Its not clear that you have.

It should come up in your audio devices. I sort of doubt that it says Thesycon [WASAPI]. Does it say something like that ? Latency is different and often that where you can get drop outs. Your software that you list won't have an affect on this. Your drivers could. Your playback selection in Windows would too. So its the config or drivers probably.

Otherwise I'd testing it in version 21, as there might be some back compatibility issues with the newer driver from Ayre .. just guessing on this last one though

Beetlemania

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 11:34:59 am »

"I would try it without the Thesycon driver and then try reinstalling the driver."
OK, I'll try this, thanks.

"Did you try the Ayre ASio driver from JRiver and not WASAPI, as I said?"
I'm not clear about this. The Ayre/Thesycon driver operates in the background and, after installing it, I don't see it as an option in JRMC18. From the Ayre webpage: "The Streamlength USB driver allows Windows computers to use "High Speed" ("Enhanced", USB 2.0) mode for streaming audio above 96 kHz through the USB ports. Download the Streamlength USB driver, version 1.26 to a convenient location, possibly your desktop, or perhaps to a folder you have created for audio applications. "

In MC options > Audio > Output mode, I have selected WASAPI
In Output mode settings, I have selected Speakers (Ayre USB interface)
This combo was successful in the previous installation.

Is there another place to "try the Ayre ASio driver from JRiver and not WASAPI"?

Arindelle

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 11:45:57 am »

"Did you try the Ayre ASio driver from JRiver and not WASAPI, as I said?"
I'm not clear about this. The Ayre/Thesycon driver operates in the background and, after installing it, I don't see it as an option in JRMC18. From the Ayre webpage: "The Streamlength USB driver allows Windows computers to use "High Speed" ("Enhanced", USB 2.0) mode for streaming audio above 96 kHz through the USB ports. Download the Streamlength USB driver, version 1.26 to a convenient location, possibly your desktop, or perhaps to a folder you have created for audio applications. "

In MC options > Audio > Output mode, I have selected WASAPI
In Output mode settings, I have selected Speakers (Ayre USB interface)
This combo was successful in the previous installation.

Is there another place to "try the Ayre ASio driver from JRiver and not WASAPI"?

ah I didn't understand how their driver worked.  Some ASIO type drivers come up in the Audio Device selection (where you have selected WASAPI). I thought this would the case for you. ASIO has more fine tuning for latency. I guess thatis not how your DAC works. Sorry if I mislead you. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up