INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: 3D Blu-ray and MKV 3D support  (Read 56446 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: 3D Blu-ray and MKV 3D support
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2016, 09:57:42 pm »

I have to restart my machine entirely.  I haven't played around with it too much but I do remember a few times where it restored the screen correctly.  It glitches as I have described it so often that I end up with a headache, and work on something else.   Has anyone heard any mention of a possible fix or patch?

moses2505

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »

Mine seems to switch to a stereoscopic 3d,  projector doesn't change mode to 3d, I have tried all the suggestions, I change some settings and it plays a full blu ray as  side by side and I have to change the mode on the projector. I cannot get frame packed to work. The 3d option is showing in display properties.
Was working fine in my old PC which had any AMD graphics card. New PC has a Nvidia card.
Any ideas guys ?

thanks

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2016, 11:22:02 am »

I tried it with build .76 and both TV and projector were very jumpy before MC stopped responding. Using Windows 10 Pro with Intel Iris GFX. Went back to Stereoscopic Player for now.

Ekpen

Hardware acceleration yet?
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2016, 12:06:16 pm »

Any update on this feature yet?
Thanks.
George

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »

I tried it with build .76 and both TV and projector were very jumpy before MC stopped responding. Using Windows 10 Pro with Intel Iris GFX. Went back to Stereoscopic Player for now.

you've captured my experience with Intel 5100 chipset :)

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2016, 09:02:19 am »

so if i were to purchase an nvidia card because intel gpu does not work what nvidia card should i buy?

Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2016, 09:11:21 am »

I was wondering about this too.  Would the GT 730 be sufficient for MadVR+3D output?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

CountryBumkin

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2016, 09:23:28 am »

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2016, 11:55:33 am »

How about one of these high performance, low power cards, like http://www.anandtech.com/show/10237/evga-releases-geforce-gtx-950-low-power-graphics-cards-with-75w-tdp

well, does it work with JRiver :)

low power is fine - have no intention of gaming (enough consoles for that role)

on the other hand, I would like to hear from JRiver whether or not they intend to fix the intel issue - it is after all an incredibly common GPU series, and Kodi seems to be able to support it for frame-packed 3D pretty fine.  i'd rather save the money honestly and pay for a new license of JRiver instead  ;)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:49 am »

bump. 

anyone from the jriver team confirm any plans to address 3D playback issues on intel GPUs?

thanks

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »

MadVR isn't developed by JRiver so I wouldn't necessarily expect much of a response from them. The main thread is on Doom9 where madshi helps people troubleshoot. You might find info there. If it's a LAV problem, then that's a different story.

-tm

HTPCat

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 11:20:06 pm »

See my post (#34) in this thread for another report of the same.  I've found that if I play 2D video, it will switch back out of 3D mode.
I have this same issue where my display will not switch back to normal desktop settings for 1080p/60.  Even if I go into nvidia control panel and switch it, it will revert back to 3D.  It will switch to desktop settings if I play a 2D video, but that is annoying.  I have tried different settings in madvr 3d settings, but nothing seems to fix this issue.  Auto switch from 3d to 2d works fine in powerdvd 15 so I suppose i will need to continue using this until this feature is fixed.

2gg5gg2

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2017, 10:07:38 am »

Hello.
Could you tell me how to properly configure the Settings madVR Options player JRiver 23 to playback multichannel audio and video files of various formats (ISO Blu ray 3D, BDMV m2ts, ISO mds), including 3D video.
I have an AV receiver connected to the PC Windows 8.1 via HDMA 1.4a cable, with 5.1 speakers, and TV 55 inch connected via HDMA 1.4a cable to watch 3D videos; also, a monitor 22 inch connected via HDMA 1.3 cable to the PC to listen to multi-channel and stereo music.
At the moment I use different media players for different types of files (TMT, VLC etc.); however, I want to use one player – JRiver 23, to play all types of media files.
I have tried to change the settings of JRiver 23 to be able to playback all types of media files, but it doesn’t open all ISO Blu ray 3D movies with multichannel sound and multichannel music, which can be opened (playback) by other players. JRiver 23 either shows an error "something went wrong, adjust settings the audio output DSP format" or my PC freezes and the image is distorted.
1 – Please explain what does this error message mean?
2 – How to return the settings to the factory default setting? (madVR options player JRiver 23)

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2017, 06:43:20 am »

For me this feature is still not working, however I fulfill all the requirements described in this thread to playback "frame-packed" 3d files output by makeMKV.
According to madVR report window, it gets 2D source from JRiver whatever I do.
My system includes: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, I5 processor, 16GByte RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, latest JRiver 32-bit version, LG C6V HDR 3D Passive TV.
The problem here is that according to madVR JRiver provides only the 2D part of the mkv and madVR handles that accordingly through my custom profiles so only the avc part is being rendered all the time.

Please help. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2017, 06:58:10 am »

What version of MC are you using?

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2017, 07:21:41 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2017, 09:36:57 am »

Are you running MC's Red October HQ (video setting)?

Try re-reading the first post carefully.

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2017, 11:30:37 am »

Yes, I do with my a bit modified own madvr profiles.

My sources are correctly created using makeMKV. madVR doesn't get 3D data because it assigns a 2D profile to the decoded source coming from JRiver.
The profiles are correctly created because they are working flawlessly for SD, and HD res. For 3D sources madVR uses the same profile as for the 2D BD-s.
When I asked madshi about that, he told the problem was that madVR got only the 2D part from the decoder for rendering.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2017, 04:37:20 pm »

Don't modify madVR.  Just use Red October HQ unmodified.

stewart_pk

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2018, 06:55:26 pm »

Yes, I do with my a bit modified own madvr profiles.

My sources are correctly created using makeMKV. madVR doesn't get 3D data because it assigns a 2D profile to the decoded source coming from JRiver.
The profiles are correctly created because they are working flawlessly for SD, and HD res. For 3D sources madVR uses the same profile as for the 2D BD-s.
When I asked madshi about that, he told the problem was that madVR got only the 2D part from the decoder for rendering.

Have you created a 3D profile in MadVR? I can't remember the logic to make it switch (not on my home PC) but I've got it working.

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2018, 12:05:30 pm »

Yes, I have my own "3D" profile determined otherwise 3D rendering is not working at all even in MPC-HC.
It took 1 hour for me last time to recreate the required modifications in madVR.

I have already reported the issue to madshi because all the players I have behaves a bit differently using the same settings in madVR.

Anyway, in MPC-HC,  with exactly the same madVR settings used (only madVR version is different the settings are the same) frame-packed 3D can be rendered correctly.
So, I am pretty sure that from JRiver madVR doesn't get 3D data, however, I ticked the relating option in JRiver.

stewart_pk

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2018, 07:04:17 pm »

So, I am pretty sure that from JRiver madVR doesn't get 3D data, however, I ticked the relating option in JRiver.

I don't really know what that means. Can you play a 3D bluray?

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 11:30:05 am »

Correctly only in mpc-hc. Using JRiver with exactly the same profiles not.

stewart_pk

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2018, 06:44:08 pm »

Using JRiver with exactly the same profiles not.

Well, others and myself have absolutely no problem in doing so. You seem to be suggesting that JRiver has some sort of design issue regarding 3D. If that were the case then you'd presume that it would never work, for anyone.

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2018, 11:13:02 am »

I told you my experiences after several hours of testing with the system I have. It is not my job to find out why JRiver behaves like that with my system. I will use the most convenient way, like you and the others did as well I assume.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2018, 11:56:11 am »

We can't really offer support for drastically customized madVR profiles, since they can vary quite a bunch. If you're having  trouble, revert to default settings and follow the instructions in the first post (without changing anything else).

One thing important to note, Media Center will only decode the 3D part when 3D is turned in on madVR (rendering -> stereo 3d -> enable stereo 3d playback). This is done so that 3D files will decode as proper 2D on 2D systems without any performance degradation (which you would have if you were to always decode 3D, even if unwanted).

This means for people with complex profile setups that this particular option needs to be enabled in all profiles (or at the very least in the default profile, which ever that may be), since when MC checks the option, the 3D profile quite definitely won't be active yet. I would generally recommend to keep that particular option out of the profiles.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

stewart_pk

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2018, 07:28:08 pm »

I told you my experiences after several hours of testing with the system I have. It is not my job to find out why JRiver behaves like that with my system. I will use the most convenient way, like you and the others did as well I assume.

It's certainly not my job to work out why it doesn't work for you either!  ;D

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2018, 04:44:41 am »

Thanks to Nevcairiel it works with my own profiles with the restrictions I can easily live with until solved by new drivers, OS updates:

In a 3D profile I had to use these general settings separated from the 2D ones to display 3D correctly:

"use Direct3D 11 for presentation..."  enabled
"automatic fullscreen exclusive mode" enabled

In a 2D profile I had to use these general settings separated from the 3D ones to display 2D correctly::

"use Direct3D 11 for presentation..."  disabled
"automatic fullscreen exclusive mode" disabled

So, I have to handle separately the "general settings" in madvr to have my rig work correctly. But now it works as expected. :)
I am using a common "stereo 3d" settings as advised by Nevcairiel. Thank you very much!

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2018, 04:45:05 am »

It's certainly not my job to work out why it doesn't work for you either!  ;D

Yes. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up