INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with JRemote ios Recents  (Read 2998 times)

ronfint

• Recent member
Help with JRemote ios Recents
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:12:17 am »

After adding a new album with the same name as a previous album, usually the old one shows up in Recents. How does one modify the options in MC to get Recents to also look at Artist or Album Artist?

Thanks!

ronfint

• Recent member
Re: Help with JRemote ios Recents
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 03:02:36 pm »

Does anyone know how to deal with this issue? I couldn't be the only one with this problem.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 02:49:29 pm »

"Recent" is a view that's defined for JRemote.  You can look at all of these in:  Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > configure views for jremote ...

As far as I can tell, this is a simple Albums list sorted by Date Imported.  I haven't experienced the issue you're describing, so I'm not sure *exactly* how to solve it.  But I think making an expression of something like [Album] - [Album Artist (auto)] might fix the issue.  You could try it and test it out to see.

Or maybe someone else is more familiar with this particular problem and has a more concrete suggestion.

Good luck.

Brian.

ronfint

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 03:26:49 pm »

Thanks very much. I'll try this (as soon as I read the wiki page on expression language).

ronfint

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:48 am »

bigentry's idea works. For anyone else having a problem with Recent listings in JRemote, first create a new library field as bigentry suggests: [Album] - [Album Artist (auto)]. Then in Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > configure views for jremote, for Recent replace "Album" with the new library field and make sure to sort by "Date Imported".
Pages: [1]   Go Up