INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to uninstall PMW or completely reset preferences.  (Read 6071 times)

ladnarc

• Recent member
How to uninstall PMW or completely reset preferences.
« on: June 13, 2016, 12:49:57 pm »

Is there a way to completely uninstall PMW or completely reset preferences. I need to start from a blank PMW. Having issues with occasional pausing audio and occasional crashing PMW with one user login on a computer not with other login on same computer. ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to uninstall PMW or completely reset preferences.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »

You can uninstall, and choose to remove registry entries when you do, but that's probably not going to make a difference.

Antivirus?

ladnarc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »

I don't think its a virus. Running on a MacBook pro. With drive Genius I've defragged/repaired. It says all is well.

Can you tell me exactly how one uninstalls shy of throwing PMW away.

My final solution for this is going to be erasing computer and starting anew. It will be a bit of a pain in the ass.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:18:55 pm »

I don't think its a virus. Running on a MacBook pro. With drive Genius I've defragged/repaired. It says all is well.

Can you tell me exactly how one uninstalls shy of throwing PMW away.

My final solution for this is going to be erasing computer and starting anew. It will be a bit of a pain in the ass.

If you want to completely reset PWM, you should be able to just remove the directory that contains all of PWM's information.  That directory is at:

~/Library/Application Support/J River/PonoMusic World 20

The ~ means "your user directory".

You'll lose all settings, and all library data about your songs:  Playlists, metadata, etc.  You might want to make a database backup before hand so you can save the library metadata:  File > Library > Backup Library .  You can then re-import all of your library metadata with File > Library > Restore Library .  If you do this, make sure to NOT REIMPORT SETTINGS.  Since you seem to want to start with fresh settings.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up