INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS\WebGizmo\Gizmo can't play web radio  (Read 7923 times)

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
MCWS\WebGizmo\Gizmo can't play web radio
« on: July 14, 2016, 04:33:56 am »

Hello,

First I want to thank you for your nice job, I am now MC user since two years and I like it so much.

Here is my issue I can't play web radio from WebGizmo. This is related to my post on the Remote forum.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105401.0

I was looking for a workaround when I found out than one of my problems is in fact depending on WebGizmo/MCWS.

I tested with 21.0.88 et 21.0.76, in both versions when I try to play a web radio from any web browsers the playback will start for 3 secondes then stops and switches to the next track.

This is the exact same behavior I meet when I try to play web radio with JRemote on iOS when transcoding is OFF.

With JRiver on Windows it just works fine.

Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [BUG] MCWS\WebGizmo can't play web radio
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:08:27 am »

Hello,

Can you please consider my request?

There's no workaround at all and I would like to listen web radio from my playlist to my iPhone.

But this doesn't work with MCWS/WebGizmo/Gizmo.
WebPlay is not working at all, it just displays a white page from any web browser on any Platform.

I meet this issue with the stable version, with the latest and and even with MC22.
Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 12:40:20 pm »

In MC, play a station.  Right click on it in Playing Now and save it as a playlist.

Can you play that playlist?

If not, try Gizmo (not WebGizmo).

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »

I already have a playlist with few urls that I use since MC20 on Windows.

I recently migrated my MC library from a Windows version to a Linux version.
My MC server is running on Debian Jessie and it is a headless server. It's only a MC library server.

My player is a NUC running a Windows version of MC and it's connected to the headless server.
From MC on the NUC, all stations will play fine.

In Gizmo when connected to the headless server (like in JRemote on iOS) it won't play at all.
It tries playing but switch to next url.

Only JRemote on Android can play my playlist of stations from the MC linux.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [BUG] MCWS\WebGizmo\Gizmo can't play web radio
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 04:28:08 pm »

Url streaming with Gizmo still doesn't play from mc linux version.
As I tried to explain, I am not asking for help but a bug fix.

I can reproduce this issue with every linux version from mc21 latest/stable which are the same now and even with latest mc22.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MCWS\WebGizmo\Gizmo can't play web radio
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 06:19:17 pm »

Could you please give me your feedback about this?

I reported my issue 2 months ago and I didn't get any constructive answer. It is very frustrating because this is a feature I use almost every days and it's not working with mc on linux.

I need to know if:

1- this is not a mc issue but it's coming from my setup then I'll spend more time to figure out why.
2- this is an issue and you don't care then I'll revert back my mc server to Windows.
3- this is an issue and you care so I'll wait for a fix.

If you need I can give you an access to a mc test server with my playlist.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 02:36:37 pm »

Could you please give me your feedback about this?

I reported my issue 2 months ago and I didn't get any constructive answer. It is very frustrating because this is a feature I use almost every days and it's not working with mc on linux.

I need to know if:

1- this is not a mc issue but it's coming from my setup then I'll spend more time to figure out why.
2- this is an issue and you don't care then I'll revert back my mc server to Windows.
3- this is an issue and you care so I'll wait for a fix.

If you need I can give you an access to a mc test server with my playlist.
I don't do this much but I just tested it.
I add a stream to MC's connected media (File->Open URL-> enter the URL and check "show web media options"..." then check add the stream to webmedia).
I then Customized the views for Gizmo, etc under Tools->Options->Media Network to add a category for files that have a web media URL.
I select that in Gizmo on an amazon fire and it plays fine.

I'm not sure how this would be any different on windows MC.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 02:41:43 pm »

I don't do this much but I just tested it.

I thank you for your help bob.

More I know about my issue more I am surprised!

After your post, I remembered I have a old phone HTC Desire running Android 2.3.5. So I installed Gizmo on it and I tried streaming my web radios and it worked!

I will resume what I am experiencing with web radio streaming on my devices.
Of course the mc linux server and url's are the same for all my tests.

JRemote => iPhone 5c (iOS 9.3.5) = failed! (see attached file)
JRemote => Nexus HD 2013 (Android 6.0.1) = streaming OK
Gizmo => Nexus HD 2013 (same device as above) = failed! (see attached file)
Gizmo => HTC Desire HD (Android 2.3.5) = streaming OK

You will notice that behavior between Gizmo and JRemote are slightly differents. Gizmo won't play anything and jump to next url while JRemote will play few seconds before jumping to next url.
Videos are short so it's is more obvious to note the issue with gizmo than JRemote.

I confirm it is different when streaming from Windows, all these devices and url's work well.

I am complaining it is not working on Gizmo but finally I don't use it much. I listen music mainly from my iphone and if there's a fix for Gizmo I wish it could solve the issue with JRemote too.

Well finally I am confused about the way to solve this. Hard to find a logical...

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »

just to add zip file.

I didn't notice "maximum total size 1200KB, maximum individual size 1200KB"
Pages: [1]   Go Up