INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists -How to share?  (Read 4048 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
Playlists -How to share?
« on: July 18, 2016, 04:00:33 am »

Hi All
I have organised for my friend to get MC and set it up for him, both on MC22 now.

Our media files share the same address pathways so I figured an easy job to share playlists.....

I was expecting to export/import and job done but seems its not that easy. I can export (right click > export) to an m3u or mpl file but when I "import" it (no right click function but File > import) all I get is an imported, well, .m3u or .mpl file in "recent imports". I was expecting the expanded playlist to magically pop up under the playlist tree under its title, showing all the individual tracks just the way it was when it was exported.

Now, clicking on the this m3u or mpl file inside MC wont play it.Huh? But, clicking on the file outside MC starts playback with all the tracks individually listed in "Playing now".

The workaround was to "send" all these tracks to a playlist created under "Playlists".

I am hoping there is a much easier way??

Thanks
D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlists -How to share?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:27:50 am »

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 06:45:56 am »

Many thanks
this looks interesting for sharing playlists from strangers for which you may or may not own the media files.It also involves other (as yet) unknowns, like play doctor, dr who, and performer store.
Inst there just a simple way of just exporting and importing your own playlists without going through a convoluted process?
Apart from sharing with friends and family (with identical media) there must be MC users that have MC set up at home,office, holiday home.....and just want to export a playlist from one to another?
thanks
D

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:46:29 am »

MC main menu: File ¦ Export Playlist and File ¦ Import Playlist

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 06:50:11 pm »

Hi Andrew
I agree it would seem that's how it *should* work. Does it work differently for you to what I explained in my first post?
D

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:50:23 pm »

Have a look under playlists in your tree...

Is there an "Imported Playlists" folder there?, there should be... and if you expand that, there you should find the playlist you imported, and from there, you can drag and drop it somewhere else in the playlists tree. mpl files might get slightly different treatment, but certainly, that's what I would expect from m3u files.

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 05:44:49 am »

Hi Marko
thanks Yes that's it ! I felt sure there had to be a simple answer. I got thrown with "recently imported" playlists and "imported Playlists". The former just shows the .mpl or . m3u single file and the latter the expanded playlist of tracks that I was hoping for. As you say you need to then drag it to a new location. I do submit that the wording used here is confusing. One intuitively looks for recently imported playlists under "recently imported" under "playlists". For some reason i didn't even see the "imported playlist" heading.

A plea to the admins is to make MC22 simply more intuitive and user friendly. I for one would gladly forgo any more high tech features to focus on making MC just more user friendly. I have now had 2 friends abandon MC because it was "too difficult". They are both tertiary educated individuals.

Anyway, thank you Marko !

D
Pages: [1]   Go Up