INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to roll back to a previous build?  (Read 3132 times)

aviateur

• World Citizen
Is it possible to roll back to a previous build?
« on: March 15, 2017, 05:13:26 pm »

Hello Mates:

Is there a procedure to roll back to a previous build (i.e. 22.0.80 to 22.0.77)? i'm currently on 22.0.77 and wish to take advantage of the new function, 'UnMoveArticles'. Before I select Help > New / Improved This version ..., I wanted to make sure that rolling back was possible? I didn't see it addressed in FAQs. Perhaps I missed it.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Is it possible to roll back to a previous build?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:20:44 pm »

You can safely install any build of the same major version on top of the current install.

So if you're on 80 and want 77, just install 77.

And if you're on 77 and want 80, just install 80.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 05:55:54 pm »

Matt, Hi:

Thanks. I just updated to build 81 by selecting Help > Update Channels > Latest (may be less stable). I then selected Ctrl+J (Check for Updates...). So if I now select Help > Update Channels > Stable (recommended), will Ctrl+J roll back to the JRiver-established stable build (which I believe was build 77) or does that option just wait until build 77 is replaced by a future JRiver-established stable build. I hope this makes sense. I'm just trying to understand the update option logic.

Cheers,
Lawrence

Spike1000

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 06:00:54 pm »

You can just manually download versions and install over the top (upgrade or downgrade), if you wish; rather than using the built-in upgrader.

I've never had to downgrade a version yet, but it is possible if you need to. If something is badly broken it tends to get fixed very quickly.

Spike

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 06:18:34 pm »

Spike:

Do you do that by opening the download folder (Help > Update Channels > Open Download Folder...) and clicking on the desired build executable?

Cheers,
Lawrence

Spike1000

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 03:18:52 am »

That would work if you (or MC) has already downloaded them to your PC. If you need another specific version they can be downloaded from JRiver.

Spike

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 04:14:59 am »

Spike:

Do you do that by opening the download folder (Help > Update Channels > Open Download Folder...) and clicking on the desired build executable?

Cheers,
Lawrence

You can also choose how many of the updates you want to save and where you want them saved to! the trick is to install the update or go and download it yourself....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 02:02:16 pm »

I just updated to build 81 by selecting Help > Update Channels > Latest (may be less stable). I then selected Ctrl+J (Check for Updates...). So if I now select Help > Update Channels > Stable (recommended), will Ctrl+J roll back to the JRiver-established stable build (which I believe was build 77) or does that option just wait until build 77 is replaced by a future JRiver-established stable build.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Lawrence

dmast

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 11:29:32 pm »

Hi Spike,  if you are still seeing this topic, could you tell me exactly where to find the list of previous mc23 releases available for download?  I cannot find that answer, and I don't have them on my pc. 

I am having a terrible problem now with MC23 crashing every time I try to play a movie, using MADvR.  I have been running MADvR for years on MC22 and now MC23, as well as MPC-HC with no problems until about 5-19 days ago.  Would love to roll back to a mid-Nov release of MC23 to see if that fixes the problem, but cannot find a download site for old releases.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 01:25:05 am »

They are in the posts on the MC23 board.  Just read a few, starting at the top.

Try setting MC to Red October Standard.  If it works, try setting it to RO HQ again.  Don't make any changes to madVR.  Our build of madVR is usually stable.  Sometimes more recent builds can have issues.

Video drivers are also a possible source of the problem.  Older may be better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up