INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.1.212 and TV function  (Read 1137 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
MC 9.1.212 and TV function
« on: July 09, 2003, 03:58:02 pm »

Just took the plunge and updated from 9.0.180 to 9.1.212beta. My question is this: I know that MC9 does not support Hauppauge's PVR250/350 TV Tuner cards. I presume that what is not supported is the PVR function of these cards. However, I am wondering if simple TV viewing with these cards is possible? In other words, if you have a PVR250 or 350, can you set the TV function of MC9.1.212 to simply watch TV without any of the PVR functions; or, is there more to it, i.e., driver issues, etc?

I would love to hear from anyone who has successfully done this with a Hauppauge PRV 250/350.

If I can't do it, then can JRiver please tell me (us) when, at least, simple TV viewing will be available for these cards.

Thanks
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 9.1.212 and TV function
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 10:02:47 pm »

It depends on the availability of a driver from Hauppauge.  If there is a Windows Direct Media driver, it should work.  If there isn´t, we can´t support the card.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 03:47:01 am »

MC requires WDM driver. If you can get the WDM driver from Hauppauge (according to another customer here, WDM driver is available now), you can try it and see what happens. The other user was able to get video, but had trouble getting sound. Maybe you will have better luck.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 03:21:17 pm »

It's a crap shoot if it works or not.  I had it working, Pic only no sound, with one driver(WDM) and then Installed an update in it doesn't work anymore.  

Check out this site for more info and drivers:
http://216.234.188.64/forum/

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 07:03:48 pm »

Check out this site for more info and drivers:
http://216.234.188.64/forum/

After browsing through some of the posts there, I got the impression that the WDM driver is still in Alpha. Is that right?

Did you do a Reset in MC after installing the new driver? It just occured to me that the VfW drivers often leave remnants of them on your machine after you install WDM drivers. Doing a Reset will allow you to re-select your video capture device. You should make sure you do not select the old VfW device (if it is still in the list).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up