INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.210 beta available  (Read 13251 times)

sraymond

Re: Media Center 9.1.210 beta available
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2003, 09:19:10 pm »

13. Changed: Most menu text and all keyboard accelerators now located in external XML file. (Data\Default Resources)

I don't see an element for "acquire photos"...  
maybe because there isn't an MCC for it?

Scott-

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2003, 12:08:22 am »

Is there a way to get an eject button or option for cd/dvd drives?  maybe in the right click menu for the drives?

(I couldn't find a way/didn't see it... maybe it's obvious... sorry if I missed it somewhere.)

kiwi

Marty3d

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2003, 06:50:26 am »

Bugs:
- Closing MC when in Playing Now and starting it again makes MC not focus on/display the currently playing song. Switching to another view and back sets the focus again.
- Toolbar converts ampersand to underscore.

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2003, 11:30:27 am »

A couple of issues today:

- Tried to rotate a picture and MC died (no error message a couple of times but just tried it again and looks like null pointer). Temporary files left behind

- Went outside of MC to rotate the images and now cannot find a way to update the thumbnails - maybe I missed something simple. Having said that, have just looked again (after closing MC) and they have updated

A gripe:

- When viewing image thumbnails in a view scheme, you need to 'play' to view a bigger image. But hitting the back button loses the view scheme selections, so you're back to looking at the entire library :(

A couple of minor enhancement requests:

- A quicker way (or shortcut key) to rotate images

- When viewing image and video thumbnails together, an indication of the file type

(pictures typically have white-space in the corners of the thumbnails so it would be really nice to put some controls in there, like rotate buttons and file type icon)

Still love 9.1 though!
Cheers, Alfie.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2003, 05:56:42 pm »

Things are still really slow since 200. (199 was lightning)
210 seems to be more stable in playback but it takes 18 seconds to "Add to Playing Now". It doesn't matter how many tracks ... just each time, the counter and all activity (except playback, thankfully) stops for 18 seconds. One song or a dozen songs at a time, it doesn't matter. Also freezes for about 10 seconds changing from one track to the next.
Don't get me wrong --- playback continues without a hitch --- just the screen activity freezes.
If I'm adding one song at a time, I must wait 18 seconds between each add. During this time, my Processor speed is at 100%.

Media Center Registered 9.1.210 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron 534 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 93 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1019) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive M:          40X12X48 CD-RW     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2003, 12:14:54 am »

Did you see Zevele's post on a problem he solved?  Another program (something DVD) was doing something special with a CD drive and causing problems with IE.

It must be something like that.  I know we've seen problems with Nero and Roxio when they had software installed to do "special" things with the CD writer.

Also, make sure you don't have any mapped network drives to machines that are off.

michel

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2003, 02:04:12 am »

Did you see Zevele's post on a problem he solved?
Zev solved a problem ? Unbelievable !

(Jim, please cancel my post before he will return at home otherwise he is able to kill me ;-)

BTW, you will meet CMagic in Paris today ? Unhoppefully I am in Grenoble today (I will go to Paris only tomorow).

lil_rich78

• It wasn't me
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2003, 04:59:57 am »

I've been getting problems setting the audio to 4 channels.  When I leave the output format settings and then return, it has changed to 2 channels.

The sound only works thru the front 2 speakers when using Media Centre, but can be heard from all 4 when using WMP9.

It will occasionally use all 4 channels in Media Centre, if I play a track in WMP9 first.

Rich.
"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is, intelligence has it's limits"

SteveG

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2003, 06:31:50 am »

dmbfan36,

If you select "Upload Files" as opposed to the sync option things appear to work correctly....

If you are synching, then you should not see the 'Queued file" list. Can you clarify for me if you are synching (right-click on the drive letter and selecting 'Synchronize') or not?

Thanks,

Steve

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2003, 07:43:48 am »

Just noticed a problem with the My Computer section of MC.  If you have a full date (Month, Day, Year) set in a song, and look at it through the "My Computer" menu, it loses the Month and Day, retaining only the Year.  This would be fine, but it seem to wipe the Month and Day for the Media Library views too.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2003, 09:45:47 am »

It is not possible anymore to attach cover art to movies
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2003, 09:47:19 am »

If in VIEW -> VIEW FILTER -> (show only audio files..etc.) is chosen, then it is automatically reset to the default of 'show all files' once MC is closed and reopened.

Is it possible to set 'show only audio files' as my default?

Look in the view filter menu.  There's an options called "Save View Filter Between Sessions"

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2003, 10:00:46 am »

One more thing I've recently noticed, but I think it's been there for a while.  For whatever reason, something is adding the value 'a' to the Mood field.  I'm not sure why it's doing this, since I know I've never added a value to Mood.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2003, 11:25:49 am »

NEW First reported 07/07/03 (A date we agree on on both sides of the pond :))
Priority: Medium
Since the image menu was removed from everything but audio there is now no longer any options for video thumbnails.  At the very least there should be a remove thumbnail option.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2003, 02:42:06 pm »

dmbfan36,

If you are synching, then you should not see the 'Queued file" list. Can you clarify for me if you are synching (right-click on the drive letter and selecting 'Synchronize') or not?

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry I was using the "Portable Download" button.. not syncing... there is a difference in behavior as I described between that and the "Upload Files" button....

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2003, 06:26:39 pm »

The Playlist Tab in the File Properties window doesn't update properly. If I add a playlist, it won't show up in File Properties until I change to a different tab and then back to Playlists.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2003, 06:58:20 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!

3)I wish it was possible to remove the upper pane in the Media library view; I really don't use it at all. Figured out how to do that.

4) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.

5)The shuffle, DSP, and continuous buttons are too hard to see.

6)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.

7)I like the program a lot, but it seems stability is an issue with many users and now reviewers as well.  I think it should be high on the priority list.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2003, 09:32:51 pm »

Hi,

Bug: The losless rotation feature for images seems broken in this build. It consistently triggers a Media Core crash.

C.

Media Center Registered 9.1.210 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1195 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 167 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.70

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W224E           Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2003, 05:08:09 am »

There are two issues with Media Server which continue to exist in the latest build of 9.1:

I have had 2 issues with Media server, which have existed for several builds of the 9.1 beta:

1) Custom View Schemes are not shown on TiVo when using Media server.  Only a set of 4 default views are ever provdied, regardless of changes to the library.

2) Within Media server, if you click file->stop sharing and then hit file->share (to presumably have media server reflect any new changes to the library), Media server consistently crashes with "Media server.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows."  You can restart it and it seems to work fine, but you can't stop/start it from within the program.

Can the TiVo HMO be hooked back in to the custom view schemes of 9.1?  Or is that on hold pending finalization of some 9.1 structure?

-J

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2003, 07:26:08 am »

Can the TiVo HMO be hooked back in to the custom view schemes of 9.1?  Or is that on hold pending finalization of some 9.1 structure?

Within the next few builds.  The view scheme system is getting a little overhaul right now.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2003, 08:28:49 am »

I like the program a lot, but it seems stability is an issue with many users and now reviewers as well.  I think it should be high on the priority list.

Just for the record, and I may be an exception here, but MC9 has been incredibly stable for me considering the amount of things it does.  Although 100% stability is always desired, I think if you compare the amount of actual, show-stopping problems in MC9 with the sheer functionality and flexibility of the software, I'd say the J River people are really on top of things.

This, of course, coming from a purely software development standpoint and not an end-user one (not to suggest that anyone is exclusively either).
Toast goes in the toaster.

nila

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2003, 10:18:19 am »

BUG
Am finding that I cant type anything in the search bar at times.

I type but nothing is appearing.

Also - can the 'undo' PLEASE be made to go accross all instances - right now MC is crashing doing some tasks and then the undo is no longer working as it's a new instance.

Or at least do it like windows does - if it detects it shut down properly then it clears itself.
If a flag isn't set saying it shut down properly then it carries on so we can undo things before the crash.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up