INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange issue - screen goes fuzzy/spinning cursor then refresh  (Read 3014 times)

broncodan

• World Citizen

Using the current version of MC22 - I have having a strange issue where the program "freezes" up - the screen goes blurry (like out of focus) and then the cursor spins - and then it refreshes.  It seems to be getting worse.  I do have a large audio library but have never had this issue before.  I am not sure when it happened but I have noticed it over the last couple of weeks.  No changes to my computer that I can recall - windows 10.  Anyone else having a similar issue?

broncodan

• World Citizen
Re: strange issue - screen goes fuzzy/spinning cursor then refresh
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:58:40 pm »

i have uninstalled and reinstalled MC22 - And the issue still remains.  I also installed MC23 and it is doing the same thing.  It's unusable at this point.  It freezes up and I have to just shut it down.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:28:19 pm »

Could be a lot of things, but a bad hard disk could do that. 

The thread called "Weird and Wonderful" would have other possibilities.  The link in my signature will get you there.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 06:19:06 pm »

Thanks Jim - but hard drive okay (ran scandsk), ran the system file checker - no errors on either.  I have MC 18, 22 and installed 23 today to see if it would fix the issue.  It is happening across the board with all 3 versions.  Not sure what the issue is - did look at the thread in your bio but didn't really see anything there that I could use.  I have attached a screen shot of what the Fuzzy looks like - but I am not sure if that will help with anything or not.

I would love to be able to figure out what the issue is. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 06:26:33 pm »

Video driver?

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 07:21:32 pm »

I performed a clean install of MC 22, updated video driver (although the only program that appears to have any issue is Media Center - all 3 versions), ran dxdiag, still no joy.  I don't undnderstand. anytime I click on something it goes blurry and freezes up - sometimes only for a few seconds - and then clears up, sometimes it completely locks up.  I can't get any music to play through MC either - I can play through Itunes, youtube, etc - the only issue is MC.  I would have thought a clean install would have done it.  Could my database be corrupted?  It is fairly large (a zipped backup is 61, 163 kb).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:16:50 pm »

Antivirus?

Spike1000

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 02:27:32 am »

Does the Windows task bar at the bottom screen disappear when MC goes unresponsive?

Spike

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 03:02:46 pm »

Hi Spike,

Yes it does.  I think I figured out the issue - my music is all on a NAS - lo and behold - one of the drives is failing.  In the process of changing that out now.  I am hoping that is the issue.  Will post update when repair is complete.

Spike1000

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 01:48:10 am »

I've had this issue on a couple of my Windows 10 PCs. One was my main MC where my files and library are that has been very very stable as that's all that PC does.

I believe the issue was related to Windows in some way (rather than MC). Upgrading Windows made it go away for me.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109496.msg766175.html#msg766175

Spike

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 12:31:47 pm »

It seems like replacing the failing disc in my Nas has solved the problem. 

Thanks to all for your help.  Maybe something to add to the Weird thread?

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 09:36:57 pm »

I reported a similar thing in a separate thread.  In my case, it only happens when I go to one view, "Books" where the only qualifier is Genre is Podcast.  Happens every time, other views have no issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up