INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems getting JRiver to play to a pi (acting as a UPnP renderer)  (Read 3283 times)

ZigZag

I’m new to JRiver and still trialling the software.  I hope someone can help as I'm completely unable to get any output to my pi which using Moode Audio, is acting as a UPnP renderer.

I have no issues in getting the pi to play audio when using Linn Kazoo or BubbleDS as control points, and I’ve tried numerous variations to setup JRiver with an appropriate DLNA configuration, via media network in options ??::):-[. If I select a track from BubbleDS or Kazoo, music plays on the pi and I can control things from JRiver.   If  however I make a selection from JRiver, it displays details relating to the to the track which appears to start playing, but there is no sound and after a couple of seconds it skips to the next one and so on.  It would be great if I could this sorted. nb I've had a good read of https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA before posting this

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems getting JRiver to play to a pi (acting as a UPnP renderer)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:24:20 am »

Try changing settings in MC for the DLNA Server.  Try SetNextAVTransport.

AndrewFG has a diagnostic tool you could run.  It's in his signature.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »

Here is my sig..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

ZigZag

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 05:31:13 am »

Try changing settings in MC for the DLNA Server.  Try SetNextAVTransport.

AndrewFG has a diagnostic tool you could run.  It's in his signature.

Thanks for this.  I've ran the diagnostic tool which suggests that the media server should be set as the Audiophile 24-bit DAC and that the audio format needs to be PCM L16 no header.  However, using these settings has not improved things – still no sound to the renderer and the tracks keep skipping.

Thanks also for the suggestion of using 'SetNextAVTransport’, but sorry, being new to MC I have no idea how to make this change and therefore I’m unable to ascertain whether this may remedy my issue. (Incidentally, the DAC attached to my pi is an IQ Audio DAC+, which supports 24 bit 192 kHz audio and gapless playback).

ZigZag

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:04:05 am »

OK, I'm pleased to comment that I think I've worked out the issue here.

In the advance DLNA settings I had unclicked 'DLNA Server' as I didn't wont and still don't wont a DLNA Server to run locally on this PC.  However, with 'DLNA Server' re-enabled tracks are played on my pi.  Bit of a pity that it needs to be enabled - in my mind this is a software bug.  Anyway, I now need to resolve why my 24 bit tracks are being downsampled to 16bit...     

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 01:28:40 pm »

OK, I'm pleased to comment that I think I've worked out the issue here.

In the advance DLNA settings I had unclicked 'DLNA Server' as I didn't wont and still don't wont a DLNA Server to run locally on this PC.  However, with 'DLNA Server' re-enabled tracks are played on my pi.  Bit of a pity that it needs to be enabled - in my mind this is a software bug.  Anyway, I now need to resolve why my 24 bit tracks are being downsampled to 16bit...     
MC is serving the material to your renderer on the Pi so the server needs to be enabled.
In the MC DLNA server settings, you can switch the audio format from "Specified output format only when necessary" to "Original"
Pages: [1]   Go Up