INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support  (Read 139647 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Nice! Thanks a lot  :)

wheel54

• Recent member

Think an option to disable phone timeout could be added?  It's a fairly common feature on music players I've used, I generally don't like the phone display to sleep when I have my music player on.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Think an option to disable phone timeout could be added?  It's a fairly common feature on music players I've used, I generally don't like the phone display to sleep when I have my music player on.

See the “Keep screen on during playback” setting for each zone.  You can access this from the zones page, 3-dot menu for desired zone, Change zone settings…
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support
« Reply #903 on: November 01, 2022, 06:12:58 pm »

v1.11.5 is now available.  Some small fixes and "Divert" were added.

DJLegba

Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support
« Reply #904 on: November 01, 2022, 07:32:53 pm »

Many thanks for continuing to improve such a great app. Any chance you can add a "stop after current track" feature?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #905 on: November 02, 2022, 11:40:57 am »

Any chance you can add a "stop after current track" feature?

You should be able to get similar behavior now by temporarily setting the Repeat Mode to "Stop After Each Item".

DJLegba

« Reply #906 on: November 02, 2022, 11:54:31 am »

Thanks, never thought to look at repeat mode but as you say it should do what I want.

wheel54

• Recent member
« Reply #907 on: November 03, 2022, 02:46:05 pm »

Thanks for the nice update!  The software fills such a needed niche for me (being able to listen to and rate my library remotely), and I'm glad it exists!

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #908 on: November 14, 2022, 04:21:42 am »

v1.11.5 is now available.  Some small fixes and "Divert" were added.
The new version loses the connection to my MC30 server several times a session. Sometimes I can re-connect, sometimes not. Any idea what's happening? I'm connecting using the server access key.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #909 on: November 14, 2022, 07:45:12 am »

The new version loses the connection to my MC30 server several times a session. Sometimes I can re-connect, sometimes not. Any idea what's happening? I'm connecting using the server access key.
That sounds like a network problem.  Try rebooting the whole network.  If it's wireless, the range may be limited. 

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #910 on: November 14, 2022, 07:59:17 am »

That sounds like a network problem.  Try rebooting the whole network.  If it's wireless, the range may be limited.
Nothing has changed on the network in over a year. Everything is wired except for my iPhone. Everything has been working fine until just a few days ago. Other DNLA apps can maintain the connection, too, so I think something in the new release must be the problem. Maybe something to do with the Access Key?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #911 on: November 18, 2022, 07:02:32 pm »

What are you doing when it disconnects?  I have been having disconnects while driving lately seemingly due to poor cell reception.  It always re-connects when the signal is good again.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #912 on: November 19, 2022, 06:03:55 am »

What are you doing when it disconnects?  I have been having disconnects while driving lately seemingly due to poor cell reception.  It always re-connects when the signal is good again.
I'm at home, playing music with MO 4Media. Nothing else in my system uses WiFi (all others are wired). The disconnects are a very recent problem. I've been using it this way since the return of the iOS version with no disconnects.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #913 on: November 19, 2022, 07:05:47 am »

A Pixel phone?

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #914 on: November 19, 2022, 10:15:38 am »

No, iPhone 8 Plus.

UPDATE
I deleted the app and reinstalled. It's been running for 2 hours with no disconnects.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #915 on: November 19, 2022, 10:41:38 am »

No, iPhone 8 Plus.

Please see the iOS thread for issues with your iPhone (link below).  Note that the iOS version was last updated several months ago.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #916 on: November 20, 2022, 05:31:04 am »

Please see the iOS thread for issues with your iPhone (link below).  Note that the iOS version was last updated several months ago.
I don't mind the lack of updates, as long as it works--which it does, once again.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #917 on: November 20, 2022, 10:10:23 am »

I was just saying that the new release was only for Android so would not have caused this problem on your iPhone as you were suspecting.  In any case, glad it is working for you again.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2022, 10:36:28 am »

I am having problems getting the M0 Android app to connect with the Id.  Sometimes a raindance of restarting the phone works but not the last two days. I have not tried rebooting the Id because I didn't want to reset the playlist it is playing.  I can connect to the Id over wifi with Remote Desktop using a PC and control it that way so it is connectable.  But, I find M0 on my Android easier.   

Anything to try with the app/phone?   

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #919 on: December 07, 2022, 02:36:03 pm »

What connection error do you get?

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #920 on: December 07, 2022, 06:04:41 pm »

What connection error do you get?
"Could not authenticate on the server.  Please check the username and password."  And, the username and password is saved in my phone and has not been changed on the Id.   

Edit/Update: my wife's Iphone would not connect either and gave the same error message.  I rebooted the Id from Remote Desktop and now it connects.  IDK.  Maybe an Id problem or maybe a M0 issue.  Works right now though this is a recurring issue that requires rebooting both the Id and phone to resolve. 

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #921 on: December 11, 2022, 12:49:40 pm »

Hi CNCB,

I was looking for a media player for my Sony XR-48A90K. I found the MO 4Media and was happy for a while.
I'm using the MO 4 Media Player for streaming my videos (MC 30) t my TV.

What I must tell. The Media player that comes with the Sony TV (Media Player) plays the videos in original and this means, when the audio track is dts-HD 5.1. The Sound is
DTS. If I play a video with DTS audio the MO 4Media Player converts the format to Dolby Digital 5.1. Look I into the video details during playback with M 4 Media player I see
for example: mkv video (video: hevc, audio: dts-hd ma), the audio format on the  amplifier is Dolby Digital 5.1. Do I play the video with the Sony Media Player the audio signal is real DTS.

The same with for example this: mkv video (video: h264, audio: dts) Sony Media Player Audio Output is DTS, MO 4Media Audio Output is Dolby Digital. It seems that the player makes a downmis.
Can you check this please.

Thanks
Purecut

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #922 on: December 11, 2022, 01:29:06 pm »

How do you have your tv connected to your amp?  Is it HDMI/ARC or optical?  What is the digital audio output setting for the tv?

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #923 on: December 12, 2022, 11:16:00 am »

How do you have your tv connected to your amp?  Is it HDMI/ARC or optical?  What is the digital audio output setting for the tv?

The TV is connected via optical and the TV gives the audio signal directly to the AMP (pass Through). As I wrote before: every app is working correctly with the audio, only MO 4Media plays all the movies in Dolby Digital (Stereo) and not in the right audio Format.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #924 on: December 13, 2022, 04:54:27 pm »

What is your setting for Audio Decoding in MO 4Media?

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #925 on: December 14, 2022, 07:33:01 am »

What is your setting for Audio Decoding in MO 4Media?

No audio decoding. I think I know where the problem is and I can not use the app from you anymore. The MO 4Media do not plays the files on the TV. It tries to play the movie on the media Server and than streams the output to the TV - right. With the other apps the MC DLNA Medialibrary with be played on the TV etc.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #926 on: December 14, 2022, 09:03:14 am »

It tries to play the movie on the media Server and than streams the output to the TV - right.

No, it always plays on the tv player.  By default it will be the original file.  You are using the Android TV app from the store, yes?  The only way the audio would be decoded is if you have audio decoding enabled in the app on the tv (decoding happens on the tv, not the server) or if you have transcoding enabled for that file type in the app settings.  For the second one, you would have to explicitly add the file type to the settings, so it seems clear you didn't do that.  Check your audio output settings on the tv.  It seems like it is decoding the DTS-HD to stereo for coaxial output.

DJLegba

« Reply #927 on: December 19, 2022, 08:36:50 pm »

I have a Car Radio button that calls a smart list that bring up a random "Album of the day". In MC the thumbnail I see on the Car Radio button is the album that will play. In MO 4Media the thumbnail will be different from the album that comes up when I tap on it, and that album won't be the one that plays when I press play. It's not a big deal, as "Album of the day" was meant to be completely random, but from time to time it gets irritating.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Browsing In Search - Is This Correct Behavior?
« Reply #928 on: December 23, 2022, 09:34:41 am »

Running Android - When searching/drilling down from main screen:

Artist>
Album>
Select Track, Display File Info (single press)

When hitting the back button in the app or phone,  it goes all the way back home instead of one step back to the list of album tracks previously viewed.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #929 on: December 23, 2022, 06:21:35 pm »

No, it always plays on the tv player.  By default it will be the original file.  You are using the Android TV app from the store, yes?  The only way the audio would be decoded is if you have audio decoding enabled in the app on the tv (decoding happens on the tv, not the server) or if you have transcoding enabled for that file type in the app settings.  For the second one, you would have to explicitly add the file type to the settings, so it seems clear you didn't do that.  Check your audio output settings on the tv.  It seems like it is decoding the DTS-HD to stereo for coaxial output.

Ok, but the app do not run on modern Google TV with the newest android version. You app only runs on old Google TV versions and the re the sound will be passed through. After Google updated the version of Google TV they changed the way for audio passthrough (see other apps - there you can choose old and new passthrough). You version is not able to handle that and will only use the old version of passthrough. Therefore you here only stereo and the the real passthrough sound signal DD, Athmos, DTS etc.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #930 on: December 24, 2022, 10:28:35 am »

I have a Car Radio button that calls a smart list that bring up a random "Album of the day". In MC the thumbnail I see on the Car Radio button is the album that will play. In MO 4Media the thumbnail will be different from the album that comes up when I tap on it, and that album won't be the one that plays when I press play. It's not a big deal, as "Album of the day" was meant to be completely random, but from time to time it gets irritating.

I think this is due to when the Smartlist is updated via MCWS and unfortunately there is not much control over this.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Browsing In Search - Is This Correct Behavior?
« Reply #931 on: December 24, 2022, 10:30:12 am »

When hitting the back button in the app or phone,  it goes all the way back home instead of one step back to the list of album tracks previously viewed.

Are you referring to the "Show Tags" screen?  I see this also and will look into it.  Thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #932 on: December 24, 2022, 10:34:43 am »

After Google updated the version of Google TV they changed the way for audio passthrough (see other apps - there you can choose old and new passthrough). You version is not able to handle that and will only use the old version of passthrough. Therefore you here only stereo and the the real passthrough sound signal DD, Athmos, DTS etc.

I do my testing on the Shield TV (Android TV box) but I do have a newer TCL tv with Google TV that I could try (I view my Shield TV on there and don't use the Google TV).  Note that you can't get Atmos over optical.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
Re: Browsing In Search - Is This Correct Behavior?
« Reply #933 on: December 24, 2022, 02:03:29 pm »

Running Android - When searching/drilling down from main screen:

Artist>
Album>
Select Track, Display File Info (single press)

FYI:  I see this also, but the behavior is inconsistent.  The first time I tried it from Show Tags view the app jumped all the way back as OP described.  Tried again from same album track list and it jumped back one screen to the album track list, as one would expect.

Closed/re-opened the app and the problem kept reappearing as OP originally described.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #934 on: December 24, 2022, 02:20:25 pm »

Not sure if this has been requested before ...

If Lyrics tag has text, then currently it can be seen in MO 4Media's Show Tags window on Android by scrolling down to the Lyrics tag.  Very nice.

Feature Request:  A separate menu option to jump directly to tagged lyrics and show the text by itself, optimally positioned on the screen (not scrunched to right side).

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #935 on: December 24, 2022, 02:41:35 pm »

Lyrics can be seen full screen with the currently playing song.  Tap the 3-dot menu button in Playing Now next to the player controls and select Show Lyrics.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #936 on: December 24, 2022, 03:01:34 pm »

Lyrics can be seen full screen with the currently playing song.  Tap the 3-dot menu button in Playing Now next to the player controls and select Show Lyrics.
Wonderful, thanks.  Don't know how I missed that, right at the top of the menu!  :)

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #937 on: December 25, 2022, 02:19:09 pm »

I do my testing on the Shield TV (Android TV box) but I do have a newer TCL tv with Google TV that I could try (I view my Shield TV on there and don't use the Google TV).  Note that you can't get Atmos over optical.

Yes I know that with Atmos, but the other signal will also not pass through (DTS, Dolby Digial) because of the lack that Android changes the way of passthrough. Your app only support the old passthrough and all the sound is stereo.
See VLC for Google TV. There you can choose the version of passthrough. Is it please possible that you can change this.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #938 on: December 26, 2022, 11:56:23 am »

What version of Google TV are you running?  I am able to get passthrough over optical with my TCL Google TV (update LF1V258) released on December 20.  It says Android TV OS version 11.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #939 on: December 26, 2022, 04:25:20 pm »

What version of Google TV are you running?  I am able to get passthrough over optical with my TCL Google TV (update LF1V258) released on December 20.  It says Android TV OS version 11.

See picture attached. BTW: The Nova Player for Android-TV used also the new passthrough

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #940 on: December 26, 2022, 04:35:22 pm »

See picture attached.

Seems like that is using an even older version (10) of Android TV than my TCL.  I was able to get optical passthrough to work with the following settings.  Hopefully it will work for you.

Audio
  Audio output => ARC

Advanced
    Digital Audio Out => Pass Through

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #941 on: December 26, 2022, 05:44:42 pm »

Seems like that is using an even older version (10) of Android TV than my TCL.  I was able to get optical passthrough to work with the following settings.  Hopefully it will work for you.

Audio
  Audio output => ARC

Advanced
    Digital Audio Out => Pass Through

Sony named the settings different but they are the same in function, but MO 4Media sound is only Stereo. All the other apps like VLC or Nova are playling with these settings tu 100% and passthrough DTS, DD 5.1 or 7.1., DTS 5.1, 7.1

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #942 on: December 27, 2022, 09:06:38 am »

Sony named the settings different but they are the same in function, but MO 4Media sound is only Stereo. All the other apps like VLC or Nova are playling with these settings tu 100% and passthrough DTS, DD 5.1 or 7.1., DTS 5.1, 7.1

Sorry, I am not sure why this is not working on your Sony.  I did get stereo output from my TCL until I made those settings changes.  Is HDMI/ARC an option for your amp?

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #943 on: December 27, 2022, 07:52:44 pm »

Sorry, I am not sure why this is not working on your Sony.  I did get stereo output from my TCL until I made those settings changes.  Is HDMI/ARC an option for your amp?

I have a Kennwood AMP that have only digital input via Coax or optical toslink. So I have to use the toslink output from my TV. With the other apps it is functional, but not with MO 4 Media

Purecut

• World Citizen

Hi,
Is it possible to change the thumbnail view from square format to proportional (rectangular) format. All covers are cropped at the bottom and top of the view. A normal film cover, for example, is proportionally e.g. 1000 x 1500 (width x height) and a series (Edipose cover) is proportionally 1778 x 1000 (width x height). MO 4Media uses a square format and doesn't scale down the covers in the correct ratio because it is displayed square and is therefore cut off.

The next questions is, that you do not display the series description. It is available in the tags but will not be displayed in MO 4Media.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen

Please accept my apologies if this has been asked, and answered, before.
I have MO 4 Media installed and paid for on my personal phone.
Is there any means of getting the paid for version on my work phone without having to pay again?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Is there any means of getting the paid for version on my work phone without having to pay again?

The purchase is tied to your Google account, so if you use the same account on your work phone you won't have to pay again.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen

The purchase is tied to your Google account, so if you use the same account on your work phone you won't have to pay again.
Thanks for the quick response. I like to keep my work phone totally separate to my personal phone, so I shall have to consider another purchase 😉

andrewt

• World Citizen

I can't get WMA files to play at all on my Galaxy S21+. This has been going on for a few months, before that it was fine. Downloaded files won't play either, but I can play the files with Poweramp or VLC. I get the "Cannot play file. Check network and conversion setting or app storage/permissions (for offline playback)" error message. I've made sure all the permissions are enabled and tried all the different playback settings. FLAC and mp3 files work fine. Any ideas?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

I can't get WMA files to play at all on my Galaxy S21+.

Is it possible that you were converting them before and changed that setting somehow?  Check  Setttings | Playback/Conversions | Conversions and select the appropriate Context.

Another possibility is that you inadvertently changed the audio player from Exo to System or vice versa.  This setting is at the top of the same page (also in Options screen inside Android Auto).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up