INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel in MC24  (Read 32372 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Panel in MC24
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2018, 12:20:58 am »

so ive now tested panel on both Mac and linux, and with several browsers and it just cant keep track of current playing track

after the initial list in the now playing list when the songs pass the initial list the view just stays on the last song in the initial list.
this makes the list unusable.
funny enough a few other things do get refreshed :
1. the cover art always refreshes from track to track
2. if you are in the "home" view the song and album is present at the bottom and does refresh

would highly appreciate any suggestions as i use panel alot and its really annoying :D

happy to help debug this!

best

Z

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2018, 07:14:39 am »

What version of MC are you using?

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2018, 07:27:33 am »

Hi jim

latest in both linux (24.0.55) and OSX (24.0.56)

thx

Z

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2018, 07:05:49 am »

Seems to happen in both  Safari and Firefox Focus,  for iOS 12 on my  iphone.
I also just tested  Google Chrome and Firefox Focus on Android.

Google Chrome on Android is the only one that continued to play, so it seems to be something related to privacy settings  other browsers may use.

Any progress on what may be causing this issue?   Frankly I continue to dislike everything about Panel, but if it were at least serviceable on my iPhone, I would use it for mobile audio in the car maybe..

tyler69

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2018, 11:59:47 am »

Can you please implement a progress indicator into Panel (ideally with the possibility to interact with it)?

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2019, 05:43:24 pm »

Hello, recently upgraded to 24.74 and checking out panel for the first time. I get access to panel no issue, but why don't I see Radio Paradise under the streaming section of panel? Its there within the JRiver app itself but not on panel, in fact clicking on the streaming icon, only Radio JRiver shows up. I've searched the various threads here but haven't come across a solution. Likely something simple I'm missing. Appreciate any help.
Thanks

BradATIMA

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2019, 08:30:47 am »

Hello, recently upgraded to 24.74 and checking out panel for the first time. I get access to panel no issue, but why don't I see Radio Paradise under the streaming section of panel? Its there within the JRiver app itself but not on panel, in fact clicking on the streaming icon, only Radio JRiver shows up. I've searched the various threads here but haven't come across a solution. Likely something simple I'm missing. Appreciate any help.
Thanks

You cannot play Radio Paradise to the browser. If you go to the settings page in Panel and change "playing to" to any other zone, the button will show up. The option just doesn't show up when playing to "here" which refers to the browser.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2019, 03:33:14 pm »

You cannot play Radio Paradise to the browser. If you go to the settings page in Panel and change "playing to" to any other zone, the button will show up. The option just doesn't show up when playing to "here" which refers to the browser.

Hi, thanks very much for this. Changing it to play to my Lumin and RP shows up. Much appreciate the help.

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2019, 03:43:03 pm »

I used Panel now for a month on a Samsung Galaxy Android. It works very well except for one thing. From time to time it takas very long time to upload the thumbnails. This evening about 5 minutes, yesterday about 10 seconds. I can't find the reason why except there could be something on my wifi network. On the other hand, everything else work fine connected to my wifi net. The old JRiver remote works fine.

The only thing I really miss from the Remote is some of the data I can access from the info like dynamic range.

5-pot-fan

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2019, 09:59:01 am »

Hi from a newbie, with a request for guidance.
I'm running 24.0.75 in 30-day trial mode, and am getting on well with it so far. The server is on a Win7 PC elsewhere on the wired network and works well with my player.
However in the last 3 days, when using Panel from my laptop the volume slider has no effect. It did work in the first week or so of my trial and is 1 reason for my liking the product overall. I have restarted and reloaded the server, have tried different options on the /Volume settings options, and have used 2 different browsers. I can see and use the track position slider.
Any suggestions/answers gratefully received.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:26 am »

Sorry, but I don't know.  The volume slider in Panel should work.

5-pot-fan

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2019, 12:27:17 pm »

Thanks anyway for the reply!
I have also noticed that I can no longer set the options in /Volume - there used to be options for System, Internal, Application and something else I think, but the only things I see now are Mute, Volume increase(Ctrl++) and Volume Decrease. I think the best approach is to wipe the JRiver application from the server, re-install, and see what happens.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2019, 12:30:11 pm »

No.  Don't do that. 

Try describing your setup in a little more detail.

swiv3d

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2019, 06:01:41 pm »

I think I am right in saying that the volume slider has no affect if the file is being sent to a DLNA rendering device - which should have it's own volume control. Can't get the strange volume options no matter how I try??

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2019, 09:41:18 pm »

Sorry, but I don't know.  The volume slider in Panel should work.

Except if the playback Zone has been changed, since Volume Control is Zone specific.

For example, with my local Workstation connected to my HTPC MC Server in Client/Server mode, using a browser on my Workstation I just opened Panel from my HTPC MC Server and started playback in the Zone "Here". Volume control works. Then I switched Panel to Zone "Workstation", which is the Zone of my local MC installation on my Workstation. Volume control in Panel then no longer works, because it is controlling Zone "Workstation" now, and playback is occurring in Zone "Here".

I think I am right in saying that the volume slider has no effect if the file is being sent to a DLNA rendering device - which should have its own volume control. Can't get the strange volume options no matter how I try??

Not true, at least if the DLNA Renderer is a MC installation.

For example, with my local Workstation running the local Library, and not connected to my HTPC MC Server in a Client/Server setup, my HTPC becomes visible on my Workstation as a Dynamic (DLNA) Zone, and my Workstation becomes visible on my HTPC as a Dynamic (DLNA) Zone. So all connections between the two installations are using DLNA, and not specifically MC's Media Network. Note for this to work Media Network does need to be turned on in both the HTPC and the Workstation, and DLNA settings turned on as well. Server, Renderer, and Controller on the HTPC. Renderer and Controller on the Workstation.

Now when I open Panel for the HTPC, I can select the "Workstation" Zone and start playback, at which time I have full volume control, and can Mute playback if I wish.

Then if I change the Zone in Panel to "Here", I lose volume control, again because playback is happening in the Zone "Workstation", while I am trying to control Zone "Here".

Simple really.  :D

PS:
I don't have an independent (non-MC) DLNA Renderer that I can send audio to and test at the moment, but if I use a DLNA player on my phone (mconnectPlayer Lite), select some local (on the phone) tracks, and play them to MC on my Workstation via DLNA, I get full volume control and mute of the Workstation. In fact, if I change the volume on the phone, the volume slider in MC changes, and MC's Volume Protection works, so that I am prevented from just selecting 100% volume on the phone and blasting my neighbours with music. The slider moves on the phone, and on the Workstation, then drops back down to a lower volume according to Volume Protection rules. Neat.

Unfortunately, the phone DLNA Player doesn't appear in MC as a DLNA Renderer, even though it is a Renderer. If it did I could test playback the other way around and show that MC can volume control an independent DLNA Renderer volume.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2019, 10:54:13 pm »

I thought I would follow this up further as I am still investigating some DLNA issues on my network.

So I installed BubbleUPnP onto my Android phone, as it can act as a DLNA Renderer. Starting BubbleUPnP resulted in my phone becoming visible as a Dynamic (DLNA) Zone in MC on my Workstation, called "BubbleUPnP (G8141)". G8141 is the phone model number. I was then able to play music from MC to my phone. I had mute and volume control of the phone from within MC, with very quick response. The volume slider on the phone changed when I changed the slider in MC.

So then I stopped playback, started Panel for my Workstation, and select "BubbleUPnP (G8141)" as the playback Zone. When I played some tracks I had mute and volume control of the phone from Panel, as expected. In fact, I could change the volume or mute the audio from any of MC, Panel, or the phone, and in each case the volume slider changed in all three, although when done on the phone it took a couple of seconds to change in MC, and a couple more to change in Panel. But that was just a UI refresh issue. The volume changed immediately on the phone of course.

So I think that is pretty conclusive: Volume control using the Volume Slider when playing to a DLNA Renderer works fine, even when the DLNA Renderer is not a MC installation. Plus of course, the Volume Slider in Panel works fine when the correct Zone is selected. i.e. The actual Playback Zone.

Now if only I could get my TV to show up in MC as a DLNA Renderer again...
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2019, 12:54:33 am »

Thanks for testing.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:17 am »

You're welcome Jim.

Now if only I could get my TV to show up in MC as a DLNA Renderer again...

In an ironic twist, my Sony KD-65X9300D TV (equivalent to the American XBR-65X930D I believe) just died. Won't power on. It seems it is a known issue, and with luck I shall get it repaired for free.

Maybe that will mean a complete new identity for the TV, and I might be able to get MC to see it as a DLNA Renderer again. Excellent!  :D

Castius

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2019, 03:29:09 pm »

The new ui stack option are working nicely.
 thank you!

swiv3d

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2019, 08:12:10 pm »

Just saying that if I do a send file to a dynamic zone whch isn't MC related that the volume slider doesn''t work (the renderer has the job of governing volume). But of course this is a DMR situation.

bmcm

• Recent member
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »

Two questions/comments:

1. I can't seem to get Panel to quit asking me for a user name and password for full authentication (in system settings). I have set authentication to "everyone" in MC.tools.options.media network.read-only authentication. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. In the JRiver Wiki Panel instructions there seems to be a typo in the recommended URL: http://192.168.1.13:52199 should be http://192.168.1.131:52199.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2019, 09:06:11 pm »

1. I can't seem to get Panel to quit asking me for a user name and password for full authentication (in system settings). I have set authentication to "everyone" in MC.tools.options.media network.read-only authentication. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do you see the login box as per the attached image?
Did you read what is written in the login box?

"System functions require full authentication."

You can't use Read-only Authentication (with Username & Password or just Everyone) and have access to System Functions in Panel. But if you are using Read-only Authentication and log in using the Full Authentication Username and Password you have defined in MC Options, then you can for that session access Panel System Functions.

2. In the JRiver Wiki Panel instructions there seems to be a typo in the recommended URL: http://192.168.1.13:52199 should be http://192.168.1.131:52199.

From the Wiki:

"Open Panel from a web browser on any device by entering this URL:
http://[IP_Address]:52199 (changing [IP_Address] to your own IP address) Example: http://192.168.0.13:52199"

That is an example URL, not a recommended URL. There is a bit of a difference.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up