INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Help  (Read 4202 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Upgrade Help
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:37:52 pm »

ARJOO

Re: Upgrade Help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 01:32:55 pm »

JimH.
I upgraded to the Master License and got a new Registration Code.
This new code is to be used just on my iMac or do I need to change the registration number on my Win PC also?
Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 12:08:22 am »

JimH.
I upgraded to the Master License and got a new Registration Code.
This new code is to be used just on my iMac or do I need to change the registration number on my Win PC also?
Thanks for your help.
Just use it when you need it.  The old Windows License will still work.

ARJOO

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:40:49 am »

In the Mac version of MediaCenter 24, I do not see File Types under Tools->Options.
Is it not available or elsewhere?
Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 01:54:20 pm »

In the Mac version of MediaCenter 24, I do not see File Types under Tools->Options.
Is it not available or elsewhere?
Thanks.
That's for shell integration and MC on Mac doesn't do that.
You can use something like the RCDefaultApp preference pane (or one of the others that does the same thing).

Mca69

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 04:32:27 pm »

Hello,
I've purchased a windows media center 24 for windows few weeks ago but I would like to turn it into a master one. Do I have to pay the full price for it? Or just the difference between the windows and the master one?  Thanks for your answer.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 04:48:17 pm »

You have mail.

Mca69

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »

Many many thanks  :)

DCJPG

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 02:17:45 pm »

I purchased a Master License in 2016 for my husband's PC and my Mac. I took advantage of early ordering of Media Center 25 for the good price and received a new (different) registration code number for this Master License. I got a confirmation email stating I have to download and install Media Center FIRST which seems odd to me since both my husband and I already have working, running Media Centers, one on his PC and one my MAC. Why would I need to download and install AGAIN? In my download folder I have this: Media Center25 Master-455904.mjr which I don't know what to do with. Should I leave it there until the release is active in April? Should I download it now? Should I download the Media Center (as the email instructs) even though I already have it? How do I get the new Media Center25 to upgrade on my husband's PC if the download is sitting in my download folder on my MAC? Sorry for all the questions but this is VERY confusing. I'll be sitting in limbo until I hear back from you. Thanking you in advance for your help. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 02:21:27 pm »

You could wait.

In general, you need to download and install and then restore your license.  MC25 licenses only work with recent builds of MC24.

You can use the Install Key to activate MC on another machine.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

DCJPG

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 03:39:03 pm »

Thank you for your quick response. When you say "you need to download and install" are you referring to the email link I just got after purchasing Media Center25 that states "Please download and install Media Centre first"? Will that result in me having TWO media centers on my computer?

Also, if that is the case, once I download, install and run the Media Center, would my next step be to click Help>Install License and paste in the NEW registration number I was given with this latest purchase? Am I right in assuming the OLD original registration number I got with my first purchase would only be used to downgrade back to the old version Media Center24?

Can you tell me where would I find the "Install Key" in order to upgrade my husband's PC? There was no Install Key mentioned in the email I received when I purchased the Media Center25.

Finally, and this is kind of odd, my Mac application version shows Media Center24 but when I checked the "About" link on my player it shows "22.0.28". My husband's PC version shows Media Center21 and his "About" link shows "21.0.90". In 2016 I purchased a Master License for Media Center22 and downloaded to the two computers. Over time I kept up with free updates but my husband did not. Will I need to download something extra on his computer to make it compatible with Media Center25, and if so, where do I go to find this extra download?

I apologize for so many questions, but each question is important to me in understanding what to do. Thank you again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 02:40:26 am »

The license information you need is in the link from my previous post.

You can upgrade from any version.

You can't make a serious mistake.  Just download and install MC24.
Pages: [1]   Go Up