INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last.FM track info display  (Read 2852 times)

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
Last.FM track info display
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:23:41 pm »

This is a Track Info visualization that gets a snippet of info about the currently playing artist and album from Last.FM and shows it along with cover art and (bonus) time and weather.

It works from the existing JRiver artist and album tags, so no extra tags needed (unlike my Wikipedia track info). These tags work about 95% of the time (if info is available), but for some you may have to tweak the album/artist name a little to match.

You will need to get a Last.FM API key. It's free and simple. Go here:

https://www.last.fm/api/account/create

Fill out the form and copy the API key provided. You need a vaild email address. Also enter an application name that suits you. No other fields are required.

Then, edit the index.html file in the LastFM folder and change the apikey variable to the API key you got from Last.FM.

Last.FM info is cached for 30 days. You can change this in a variable in index.html (see comments).

The other change is to edit the index.html file to change the 'weatherstation' variable for your location. See instructions in comments.

Note: This is formatted for a 1920 x 1080 HD TV with Windows display scaling set to 150%, using the Display View in full screen. You can adjust in the HTML style parameters which are embedded in self-contained index.html (no css).

To install, download zip, unzip, copy the LastFM folder to the JRiver Track Info folder

(for example, c:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 22\Visualizations\Track Info)

Change track info display setting to LastFM

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Last.FM track info display
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 09:19:57 pm »

I just accidentally stumbled on this post searching for some other Last.FM-related information. Was intrigued so went through the process of installation and think this is a pretty cool visualization. Not sure why it hasn't received any forum love yet, but I just wanted to thank you for putting it together and sharing it.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:54:21 am »

One noob question

Where do I "Change track info display setting to LastFM"

Thanx,

Edit:
Got it, When I extracted the LastFM folder it made an additional folder, when I removed the "extra LastFM folder" it works.

Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 06:07:31 pm »

This is a Track Info visualization that gets a snippet of info about the currently playing artist and album from Last.FM and shows it along with cover art and (bonus) time and weather.

It works from the existing JRiver artist and album tags, so no extra tags needed (unlike my Wikipedia track info). These tags work about 95% of the time (if info is available), but for some you may have to tweak the album/artist name a little to match.

You will need to get a Last.FM API key. It's free and simple. Go here:

https://www.last.fm/api/account/create

Fill out the form and copy the API key provided. You need a vaild email address. Also enter an application name that suits you. No other fields are required.

Then, edit the index.html file in the LastFM folder and change the apikey variable to the API key you got from Last.FM.

Last.FM info is cached for 30 days. You can change this in a variable in index.html (see comments).

The other change is to edit the index.html file to change the 'weatherstation' variable for your location. See instructions in comments.

Note: This is formatted for a 1920 x 1080 HD TV with Windows display scaling set to 150%, using the Display View in full screen. You can adjust in the HTML style parameters which are embedded in self-contained index.html (no css).

To install, download zip, unzip, copy the LastFM folder to the JRiver Track Info folder

(for example, c:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 22\Visualizations\Track Info)

Change track info display setting to LastFM

link is fragged again.  (do you have a google drive or something?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up