INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I change my password  (Read 4184 times)

busterbrown

• Recent member
How do I change my password
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:43 am »

I got a message from J River telling me to change my password on the forum and my J River Password. The Forum Password was easy to change, but I followed the tag to change my J River Password and It was a dead end. Please Help. Thanks, al

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do I change my password
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:48:36 am »

busterbrown

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:03:06 am »

OK I read the link and it doesn't make sense. All I do when I go into that link is use up my restore liscense, which I did twice or 3 times. I can't go into the forgot your password, because I have my password. I Just need to go somewhere where it tells me to enter my password or manage my password so I can use my password and add a new one. Those links don't provide a way to do that, which is what your e-mail is asking me to do because of the breach in security. Please help?

JazB

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 01:20:47 pm »

Looking for the same, should be easy, method to simple reset the password. The security problem after all was on your end more then ours.

I also have wasted restore license, by attempting to even get the latest update installed. That was more time shot then I could afford so I've just stayed with the previous version. Which I made the mistake of not being aware that the latest and greatest, maybe, was being released. Waste of money so far.

Anyway........
If we need to change our passwords I need the route to take care of this SECURITY THREAT!

Please give us simple and clear guidance.

Thanks for you help
JB

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:38 am »

If you're looking to change the password of your License Account, then use the "Forgot your Password?" Link. It'll mail you a temporary password, which you can then use to set a new password of your choice.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 06:49:26 am »

"Forgot your Password?" is option #4 on the Restore Page.  That changes the password for your license account.

If you want to change the password for your forum account, you can do that on your "Profile" page.  Instructions are here.

JazB

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 05:39:14 pm »

I'm confused. JRiver sent me an email that I should change my password. Then I find out that there are 2?

So? What do I need to do to protect myself since the breach? Make it simple please. Whatever it takes to fix and protect everything, JRiver and myself/ourselves.

Your home page should have this task up front, center and in plain easy to follow instructions. We did our part by sending money your way. Please do your part.

I do my best to cover whatever steps I can do. Hunting around for the secret key isn't/shouldn't be my part.

I haven't even had the time to figure out the mystery of getting the latest update wish I have paid for to frig'n install. I did attempt that install a couple of times but got nowhere. Click, click and click, at the most, should be what an update needs to "getter done".

Just a thought....
Thoughts.....

JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up