INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daily jremote losing connection to server  (Read 608 times)

jgreen8240

• Recent member
Daily jremote losing connection to server
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:17 am »

Hi,

A nagging problem has returned after several months. I have no idea why/how it corrected itself before but it did. Now looking for anyone with any ideas.

Here's what I have and all software are latest releases/updates:

JRiver running on Windows 10
JRemote running on mini Ipad and iphone X
Orbi router RBK50 with 2 satellites

The reoccurring issue - Now daily, I will lose the connection on the ipad between jremote and the server. Trying to wake the server never works. The fix is also random. The one that works pretty frequently is opening JRemote on my iphone which will connect to the server. Then reopening JRemote on my ipad often works but not always. When that doesn't work rebooting the router will sometimes fix it, rebooting computer sometimes and reinstalling JRiver has worked as well.

I know very little about servers and all the tech issues around them so I really have no idea what to do. 

Thanks all for any thoughts.
Jim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Daily jremote losing connection to server
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:44:42 am »

It's possible you have interference from another source.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118281.msg818476.html#msg818476

jgreen8240

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 02:03:28 pm »

JimH,

Thanks so much for your thoughts and the link. I suppose it could be interference although my problem is different then posted in the link.

However it did trigger something...the Orbi router will switch from 2.4 to 5 depending on what it thinks will deliver the best performance. Also as one moves around the house devices will connect to the closest satellite or main router. Wondering if that could be a cause for it. Not sure what to do about it since the whole process is automated and I don't believe I can force any of it.

Food for thought maybe?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 03:01:27 pm »

It might be good to visit the website for the router and explore your options.  I would expect that you can set whether you want 2.4 or 5.0 or both.  You can probably also change the channel it uses. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up