INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear Button  (Read 697 times)

StephenJK

• Recent member
Clear Button
« on: June 09, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »

It would be nice if there could be a “clear” button for the playlist in JRiver. That would be especially useful with JRemote.  From the laptop, yeah - Ctrl A delete.

From JRemote - Edit and delete one by one.

Clear all button?  Magical.....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Clear Button
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 10:03:21 pm »

You can add a "Clear Playing Now" button to the toolbar in MC. It is a standard function already available.

I don't have JRemote, so can't comment on whether it has a similar feature, but I would be surprised if it didn't.

Of course, some settings allow you to replace the Playing Now list, rather than adding to it. Replacing items in Playing Now would be just like deleting everything in Playing Now, and then adding something new.

If you are talking about actual Playlists rather than Playing Now, well, just delete the whole Playlist and when you want, create a new one.

If I have totally misunderstood, explain why and when you need to clear which Playlist.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 06:46:40 am »

I don't have JRemote, so can't comment on whether it has a similar feature, but I would be surprised if it didn't.

JRemote definitely has a "Clear playlist" feature. Swipe left then press the kebab menu.

StephenJK

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:35:22 pm »

That’s delete one at a time edit mode?  I knew about that. 

What I was asking about was a single button to delete everything in Playing Now.  I can’t be the only person who added a bunch of albums and then wanted to start from scratch.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:06:28 pm »

That’s delete one at a time edit mode?

No. Not in MC. Not in JRemote.

I just Google searched for 'JRemote "Clear playlist"'. The first result has a detailed answer, with images.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,98359.msg680264.html#msg680264
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

StephenJK

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:01 am »

Roderick,

That's exactly what I was looking for. 

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up