INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II  (Read 35358 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2019, 08:52:55 am »

The "Compression" field on a FLAC file needs to be set to "FLAC".

Some FLAC files can have other compressions.

You might check what yours say.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2019, 09:11:05 am »

Did you try downloading them again?
Maybe an option to redownload from the playlist section so you don't have to go hunt them down again?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2019, 02:54:32 pm »

Trying to "sign-up" for cloudplay.  Says my email address is taken?  Do I need to use a different email address than used previously for JRiver?

edit.... wait a minute...  I went back to Cloudplay and now I'm in.  I guess it was an erroneous error...

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2019, 03:59:46 am »

Sometimes a file can have an extension that is incorrect because someone renamed it.  FLAC also has some weird formats like embedded CUE file. 

Did you rip them?  With what program?

I ripped most of my material with EAC which also can be set to use flac to compress on the fly. Otherwise I might have ripped to wav and compressed using either flac itself or trader's little helper (using flac).

The "Compression" field on a FLAC file needs to be set to "FLAC".

How might I do this?

A lot of files have been accepted and succesfully uploaded so I need to compare these files with the ones that didn't.

JohnT

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2019, 07:45:51 am »

Trying to "sign-up" for cloudplay.  Says my email address is taken?  Do I need to use a different email address than used previously for JRiver?

edit.... wait a minute...  I went back to Cloudplay and now I'm in.  I guess it was an erroneous error...
I updated your Cloudplay user name to match the one you use here on the forum (badger), instead of the temporary 'user_r413760_86c5903b'.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2019, 07:50:00 am »

The "Compression" field on a FLAC file needs to be "FLAC".

How might I do this?
In Media Center when viewing a list of audio files, you can right click on the list header row and choose the field 'Compression' from the drop down list.

JohnT

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2019, 08:11:15 am »

I reworked my registry tweak to get it exactly like yours, but the problem persists. I also looked for the possible font blocking issue in the other registry location you pointed out, but the entry was not there. I have been enjoying several Cloudplay playlists recently via MC, since I now know that the links to play and download are there, just the icons are not visible.
Did you already try temporarily turning off any anti-virus software you have running to see if it's mistakenly blocking the fonts?  If not, probably worth a try.

In the near future, we will be updating Cloudplay with newer versions of several components, including an updated font handling piece, so with any luck this may alleviate the problem you're seeing.

JohnT

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2019, 08:15:58 am »

Maybe an option to redownload from the playlist section so you don't have to go hunt them down again?
Can you give me the names of a few playlists that you downloaded and are now empty?  I'd like to investigate what may have happened.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2019, 09:31:03 am »

Did you already try temporarily turning off any anti-virus software you have running to see if it's mistakenly blocking the fonts?  If not, probably worth a try.

In the near future, we will be updating Cloudplay with newer versions of several components, including an updated font handling piece, so with any luck this may alleviate the problem you're seeing.
I just tried shutting down all of my "protective" apps and it didn't fix the problem. I will wait and try when the updated Cloudplay is out.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2019, 10:53:49 am »

Can you give me the names of a few playlists that you downloaded and are now empty?  I'd like to investigate what may have happened.
Yeah sure here's a screenshot. I confirmed it on two different machines. The machine that I originally saved them to, and another machine, they show up on both yet are empty on both.

Just to be clear this has happened about three times now and it happens to every playlist, I redownload them all then the next day they are there but all empty.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2019, 09:42:18 am »

Yeah sure here's a screenshot. I confirmed it on two different machines. The machine that I originally saved them to, and another machine, they show up on both yet are empty on both.

Just to be clear this has happened about three times now and it happens to every playlist, I redownload them all then the next day they are there but all empty.
Any updates on this?

gtandzi

• Recent member
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2019, 04:02:12 am »

I've set up an account, and signed in. I see the attached - i.e. I can see users, playlist and tracks within playlists - I just can't see any way of playing them. Apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious.
I can click on the buttons at the top - Eclectic, Classical, etc, and things play. But I can't see any way of selecting and playing tracks within playlists.

PS - perhaps we can have a rule that limits the number of 'A's at the beginning of a username??  :)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2019, 05:21:13 am »

But I can't see any way of selecting and playing tracks within playlists.

Selective track playback is not possible, since the way we license the music is on a Radio license, which lets you stream entire playlists, but not selective tracks. This is much more affordable then a license for selectively streaming individual tracks.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2019, 01:46:12 am »

Selective track playback is not possible, since the way we license the music is on a Radio license, which lets you stream entire playlists, but not selective tracks. This is much more affordable then a license for selectively streaming individual tracks.

Are you sure? I can easily select a song from within a playlist and play it?

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2019, 02:06:21 am »

Sure, from the whole playlist after you have downloaded it, but you can‘t play a single track direct in cloudplay window.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2019, 08:53:32 am »

Am I the only one that keeps losing all my downloaded playlists?

JohnT

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2019, 12:40:40 pm »

Am I the only one that keeps losing all my downloaded playlists?
I've been testing that one you highlighted, "Test Audiophile hifi demonstration" and it keeps working for me.  It appears to have been updated on 7/27 by the user who uploaded it, could you try again today?  If it doesn't work, please export the playlist to an MPL file and email it to me at (johnt at jriver dot com).  To export, right-click on the playlist name and select "Export ...".

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2019, 01:17:13 pm »

I've been testing that one you highlighted, "Test Audiophile hifi demonstration" and it keeps working for me.  It appears to have been updated on 7/27 by the user who uploaded it, could you try again today?  If it doesn't work, please export the playlist to an MPL file and email it to me at (johnt at jriver dot com).  To export, right-click on the playlist name and select "Export ...".
Should I be downloading these to the server or to a client? On my desktop most recently they have stuck, but here is what I am seeing on my HTPC right now. I will update them when I get a chance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2019, 01:28:17 pm »

Try going to your Cloudplay account and using the Play button in the playlist there.

Check Tools > Options > Cloudplay and look to see if bitrate is limited.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2019, 10:14:22 pm »

Try going to your Cloudplay account and using the Play button in the playlist there.

Check Tools > Options > Cloudplay and look to see if bitrate is limited.
I have no problem playing a playlist. Or even downloading a playlist. It's just when I go back to my downloaded lists thats how they look.

I checked the options and there is no bitrate limit. This is happening on multiple machines.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2019, 03:33:26 am »

not sure if these problem is already described here but I can play only few of all playlists. This happens also with some of my own playlists. I can play each of them after I have downloaded it, but not with the play button in cloudplay window. No bitrate limit is set.
e.g.: First playlist "20 Finest Progressive Rock " plays without any problem. Second one "All Around Joa Bonamassa & Friends Live " brings an error, in English "no track to play", see attached screenshot.
Using latest Win10 64 bit version on a notebook.

edit: checked the same on my  Intel Nuc with another installation of JRiver, and here all works fine.
So: two computer with the same Win 10 system and the same JRiver version using the same music-data on a NAS but with own database for each computer. Database is local and not on NAS.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2019, 06:31:40 am »

Your screenshot appears to be Cloudplay in a browser, not in MC.  That doesn't work yet.  Use Cloudplay in MC.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2019, 07:32:37 am »

No, it was not in the browser, the screenshot picture is only a part of the full screen. As written, it works for few playlists, but not for all. And problem exists only on the notebook, my main server on the NUC works correct. Changing from Chromium to Internet Explorer makes no difference.

edit!!!!
oh man.
solved by myself. I have tested a rule (on my notebook installation) for cloudplay to show only "Progressive Rock". That's the reason that all works fine on the NUK.
Sorry for stealing your time to help me.
If possible you can delete all regarding posts from my side.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2019, 10:57:50 am »

On three different machines my downloaded playlists are not preserved. After a day or two they are empty.

I just download the playlist HiRes 192kHz 24bit

THe program had an update I installed it, upon return the playlist was empty. I redownloaded the playlist and i t was populated. I then closed JR for two minutes, reopened it and the playlist was again empty.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT### It appears that I may need to be downloading these from the server not a client. They seem to have carried over from the main machine. I will see if they stick around.

BobSmith8901

• Recent member
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2019, 01:02:08 pm »

Hi-Just wanted to say right off what a joy it is to have discovered Cloudplay and I truly appreciate those who've uploaded this content. The sound quality is absolutely terrific and it's been a gas to discover so much new music. To be able to stream Hi-Res in this fashion was a totally unexpected perk of buying a license for MC.

I'm wondering something though: I'm having an issue with playlists loading album art and metadata: It seems that only one of my playlists, "Chick Corea", displays album art and metadata--ie, in the "Name" column of an individual song you can see the tiny album art of the song's album. Plus, you can hover the cursor on the individual song row and it will show a drop down window of the album art, song time, sample rate, etc.

I've added several playlists in addition to the above and not a single one of them have this full capability. Specifically, none of them display the tiny album art in the song row and only provide limited info in the hover-generated dropdown window--no art or sample rate.

Do all uploaded playlists have this data embedded in the files or is there a variability, day to day, as to what the Cloudplay server provides? Not a big deal as they all play fine, I'm just curious if others have experienced this.

Edit: I just restarted MC to see what would happen and my Chick Corea playlist was there in title but the songs were missing. I re-downloaded it and the songs were there but no art, etc., as problem above. Strange.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2019, 01:54:03 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

What happens when you try playing it by using the play button on the Cloudplay page instead of downloading the playlist?

BobSmith8901

• Recent member
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2019, 03:00:27 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

What happens when you try playing it by using the play button on the Cloudplay page instead of downloading the playlist?

Hi-Thanks for the quick response. I tried it the play button on the Cloudplay page method and got the same result with that playlist. However, I randomly tried some other playlists (Alexbdb--"Alan Parson's Project") and it showed everything properly in both play mode and download playlist mode. Some others too. It does seem to just be playlist specific and varies from day to day, as I was able to get the proper display on elderavelas' "HDTracks Jazz" yesterday on this PC but not today.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2019, 03:13:56 pm »

That kind of variability could be antivirus or similar on your machine.  I haven't seen anything like that here.

Make sure you're on the most recent build.  25.0.88.

If you'll name users and playlists, I'll try them here and let you know what I see.

BobSmith8901

• Recent member
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2019, 04:19:18 pm »

That kind of variability could be antivirus or similar on your machine.  I haven't seen anything like that here.

Make sure you're on the most recent build.  25.0.88.

If you'll name users and playlists, I'll try them here and let you know what I see.

I'm on 25.0.88.

Every playlist in user elderavelas doesn't display fully except Quarteto em Cy and Yo-Yo Ma (both of these display fully/normally).

All playlists in user atom82 display fully/normally.

It's almost as if my PC senses my favorite playlists and then start f'ing with my head!

Same thing is happening on my secondary PC--same playlists acting the same way. I even tried rolling back from 25.0.88 to 25.0.83 on the secondary and got the same thing. Didn't try rolling back on the primary as I figured I'd get same.

Both PCs are Windows 64 bit; the primary is Win8.1 Pro w/16Gb RAM and secondary Win 10 Home w/8Gb RAM.

Anyway, this is a very minor issue as it's just a display thing and everything else is A-OK. Tomorrow it'll probably be working normally again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2019, 05:50:00 pm »

I'm on 25.0.88.

Every playlist in user elderavelas doesn't display fully except Quarteto em Cy and Yo-Yo Ma (both of these display fully/normally).   
I just tried Chick Corea and David Grusin from Elderavelas.  They both worked.  Thumbnails start out blank but fill in within about 10 seconds.
How old is the machine?

BobSmith8901

• Recent member
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2019, 07:30:45 pm »

I just tried Chick Corea and David Grusin from Elderavelas.  They both worked.  Thumbnails start out blank but fill in within about 10 seconds.
How old is the machine?

The Win 8.1 is a Corei7-3820 circa 2013 and the Win 10 Home is a an Apollo Lake Celeron 3450 (fanless mini-PC) circa 2017.

I'll just monitor things over the next little while and keep you posted on how things go. I'll try to see if there's some commonality between the two systems that might be a possible clue, like what the default browser is, etc. Thanks very much for your help and I have a feeling that out of the blue those metadata/album art will show up again. Fortunately there's nothing that's a real issue and I can still enjoy all of the music! Thanks again!

BobSmith8901

• Recent member
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2019, 09:56:04 pm »

How old is the machine?

I found a manual solution to get the full artwork/metadata: I went into a playlist download, single click on one of the files in the playlist, select Edit, Select All (will select all of the playlist songs), right click, Library Tools, select Update Library (from tags). I give it a minute or so and it downloads the artwork, Sample Rate, Bit rate, and File Type (these were blank too in these at-issue (for me) playlists.

When it's done doing its thing I get a box that says x amount of files processed successfully (0 failures) and I click OK to close it out.

There is an album or two that seem to just not have any album art but this above action will still download the the Sample Rate, Bit Rate and File Type. This action will also load this info into the files (that you took this action on) when you just go to the playlist and play a song without downloading it. Of course, you can also now hover the cursor on the song row and see the full proper info too.

Just to be on the safe side I closed the program and re-opened and everything was still there. We'll see if when I open the program tomorrow if all is still well as I've also had the issue where a downloaded playlist title will be there but the songs are gone.

Anthony99

• Recent member
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2019, 01:55:31 am »

I recently upgraded to MC25 and successfully signed up and connected to Cloudplay after the upgrade. So far so good.

Today I installed MC25 on a second computer inside my LAN but when I attempt to log into Cloudplay on this instance I get an "Invalid username or password" error. When I attempt a password reset via the "Forgot password" process I get an "Email not found" error. So it looks like that email address is unknown to Cloudplay.

Yet I am still able to connect to Cloudplay and play playlists on the first MC25 instance using the same email address. Can you suggest a solution?

Also, is Cloudplay supposed to work with Panel? I can see Cloudplay on Panel when I connect within my LAN but entering my email and password and clicking "sign in" results in nothing happening. When I use Panel outside my LAN I do not see Cloudplay at all.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2019, 04:09:05 pm »

I am still having issues downloading playlists. Something has to be broken or I am missing an easy step.

I have a server with multiple clients. I downloaded some playlists to the server and they showed up properly (PLAYABLE) on my desktop. I thought I just needed to first download on the server. I went to my second client (HTPC) and they were listed but again empty. I deleted them and shut down MC, and that deleted them from the server as well.

Re-added some lists to the server, but they still show up empty like I posted above. If I redownload on the client machine it puts a second entry (doesn't just repopulate).

I love cloudplay, really appreciating the service, but going through all the steps each time to get back to thew playlists proves a pain and discouragement from using it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2019, 04:20:58 pm »

I am still having issues downloading playlists. Something has to be broken or I am missing an easy step.

I have a server with multiple clients. I downloaded some playlists to the server and they showed up properly (PLAYABLE) on my desktop. I thought I just needed to first download on the server. I went to my second client (HTPC) and they were listed but again empty. I deleted them and shut down MC, and that deleted them from the server as well.

Re-added some lists to the server, but they still show up empty like I posted above. If I redownload on the client machine it puts a second entry (doesn't just repopulate).
It's possible we have a bug to fix.

What happens if you use the play button next to the playlist on the Cloudplay page?

There's no need to download the playlists.  You can find your own by clicking on your profile or choosing Home in the menu on the right.  You can also add others' playlists to your favorites by clicking the heart icon.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2019, 05:15:33 pm »

It's possible we have a bug to fix.

What happens if you use the play button next to the playlist on the Cloudplay page?

There's no need to download the playlists.  You can find your own by clicking on your profile or choosing Home in the menu on the right.  You can also add others' playlists to your favorites by clicking the heart icon.
The play button has always worked so no issue there.

It just seems much more convenient to download, I can then just use the side bar. Plus they can be accessed from Theater View, when listening on an HTPC this is a big advantage. I have it launch in theater. So every time I want to use cloudplay I have to exit theater and pullout the keyboard.

I am using the heart and follow function. Seems like download still needs some work, thanks for the response. If there is another way that I can use coldplay in theater view please let me know.

JohnT

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2019, 02:55:39 pm »

Do all uploaded playlists have this data embedded in the files or is there a variability, day to day, as to what the Cloudplay server provides? Not a big deal as they all play fine, I'm just curious if others have experienced this.

Edit: I just restarted MC to see what would happen and my Chick Corea playlist was there in title but the songs were missing. I re-downloaded it and the songs were there but no art, etc., as problem above. Strange.
There was a problem with your account which has been fixed now, please try it again and let us know if it's working better.

JohnT

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2019, 02:58:05 pm »

The play button has always worked so no issue there.

It just seems much more convenient to download, I can then just use the side bar. Plus they can be accessed from Theater View, when listening on an HTPC this is a big advantage. I have it launch in theater. So every time I want to use cloudplay I have to exit theater and pullout the keyboard.

I am using the heart and follow function. Seems like download still needs some work, thanks for the response. If there is another way that I can use coldplay in theater view please let me know.
It sounds like there's some bug when using Cloudplay between client/server machines.  We'll do some testing and hopefully reproduce and fix the issue.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2019, 03:15:45 pm »

It sounds like there's some bug when using Cloudplay between client/server machines.  We'll do some testing and hopefully reproduce and fix the issue.
Thanks, let me know if I can help.

And is the proper method to download the playlist on the server machine? Or should it work on all?

JohnT

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2019, 03:19:33 pm »

I recently upgraded to MC25 and successfully signed up and connected to Cloudplay after the upgrade. So far so good.

Today I installed MC25 on a second computer inside my LAN but when I attempt to log into Cloudplay on this instance I get an "Invalid username or password" error. When I attempt a password reset via the "Forgot password" process I get an "Email not found" error. So it looks like that email address is unknown to Cloudplay.

Yet I am still able to connect to Cloudplay and play playlists on the first MC25 instance using the same email address. Can you suggest a solution?
It looks like your Cloudplay account email ends with with 'gmail.com.au' whereas your forum email ends with 'gmail.com'.  Could that be the issue?

JohnT

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2019, 03:21:37 pm »

Thanks, let me know if I can help.

And is the proper method to download the playlist on the server machine? Or should it work on all?
Seems like it should work either way, but we'll look into it.

BobSmith8901

• Recent member
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2019, 09:01:36 pm »

There was a problem with your account which has been fixed now, please try it again and let us know if it's working better.

Hi--I re-downloaded the Chick Corea from user elderavelas and it was the same thing--no art, sample rate, bit rate, file type. I did the Update Library (from tags) method as per post "Reply #131" and those items populated. If I download a playlist and I encounter this problem, I now know how to deal with it, so not a big deal. Regarding losing the playlist songs, that hasn't been an issue again, they're all intact. Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2019, 11:57:46 am »

Hi--I re-downloaded the Chick Corea from user elderavelas and it was the same thing--no art, sample rate, bit rate, file type. I did the Update Library (from tags) method as per post "Reply #131" and those items populated. If I download a playlist and I encounter this problem, I now know how to deal with it, so not a big deal. Regarding losing the playlist songs, that hasn't been an issue again, they're all intact. Thanks.
If you experience any more missing playlist songs, check your Cloudplay bitrate filter setting as it may be filtering out high bitrate files.  Go to Tools / Options / Cloudplay / Maximum bitrate

JohnT

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2019, 12:03:34 pm »

Re-added some lists to the server, but they still show up empty like I posted above.
Check to make sure there isn't a bitrate filter setup for Cloudplay files.  Go to Tools / Options / Cloudplay / Maximum bitrate...  and make sure it's set to "No Limit" on both server and client machines.  After this, restart Media Center, delete the broken playlists and re-download them and see if this fixes the problem.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2019, 01:43:24 pm »

Now that all Cloudplay playlists are being imported/downloaded when you add streaming (Stations) to Theater View. Can they be sorted alphabetically as opposed to date uploaded. While not all playlists have descriptive names many do. After spending quite a bit of time this weekend scrolling through all of the playlists IMO the best way to utilize all the playlists would be if they were in alphabetical order.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2019, 03:19:57 pm »

Now that all Cloudplay playlists are being imported/downloaded when you add streaming (Stations) to Theater View. Can they be sorted alphabetically as opposed to date uploaded. While not all playlists have descriptive names many do. After spending quite a bit of time this weekend scrolling through all of the playlists IMO the best way to utilize all the playlists would be if they were in alphabetical order.
Whoa! Thanks for the tip man, is this info somewhere or did you just figure that out, I agree alphabetical would make sense.

Also is it planned for us to be able to just scroll through all the playlists instead of doing so per user. Or is this already an option somehow?

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2019, 05:27:41 pm »

it was in the update notes for 25.0.92. only playlists are displayed. i dont know what Jrivers plans going forward. i like only the playlists being shown, to me this puts the focus on the music not who uploaded it. i hope alphabetical order could at least be an option in the settings.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2019, 05:44:24 pm »

it was in the update notes for 25.0.92. only playlists are displayed. i dont know what Jrivers plans going forward. i like only the playlists being shown, to me this puts the focus on the music not who uploaded it. i hope alphabetical order could at least be an option in the settings.
For sure I don't care about the users.

My other question was in regards to the cloudplay page in normal view. There is not a way to list all the playlists that I am aware of.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2019, 07:21:18 pm »

No, there is not.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2019, 07:23:24 pm »

i am sorry streaming being added was in 25.0.89 notes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up