INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II  (Read 35295 times)

LBWood

• Recent member
Re: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2019, 06:50:56 am »

The recent e-mail notification brought the existence of Cloudplay to my attention. Nice idea.

My interest was particularly piqued by the HiRes playlists. Does Cloudplay actually play HiRes bitstreams? When I click on the gear at the top of the window to check the audio path, it says that the input is CD quality, not HiRes. My HiRes tracks on my local machine play as full 192-24.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2019, 06:53:54 am »

Playback will be whatever is stored on our server, but it also depends on the audio path on your machine. 

There are some limitations.  You can't currently play the files to a DLNA Renderer, for example.

Jon G.

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2019, 01:23:27 pm »

Let's all do what we can to support this feature.
 JRiver radio may not be the largest. But let’s
Make it the most eclectic!
For my part I now have just short of 1000 tracks uploaded.
FYI, if you own any type of planar speaker,  check out my Late Night playlist.
My files can be found under Jon G
Thanks for this feature.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2019, 01:31:33 pm »

Thanks, Jon.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2019, 07:56:07 am »

Hi,
Crossfading doesn't work when I use Cloudplay. I have it enabled in Options > Audio > Switch tracks.

EDIT:
Strange, after a restart of the computer it works fine.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2019, 10:12:08 pm »

I just went through my first playlist upload....and it was painless.  The only work I had was finding some lossless tracks I included that I had in MP3.  Was able to negotiate.

I invite you to listen.  Under user LarryRup    "I Feel Better Than James Brown".... enjoy.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

melkiades

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2019, 09:52:22 pm »

Hi there,

- Using MC 25.098 (latest version as of 15 sept. 2019)
- Created a username "tektonik" from within JRiver
- Tried connecting using Chrome on user.jriver.com. It loads the user list then after a second, shows this:
https://www.screencast.com/t/WmqHlYy0lpG

Why is it trying to access localhost:52199 ? I can't see parameter anywhere under Tools_Options_Cloudplay.
Why is it showing the full userlist then the error message in Chrome, but it works from within JRiver?

Then I did this:
- created a playlist with 1 FLAC track
- uploaded the playlist to Cloudplay within JRiver
- got the message "Failed to upload, try again later"

Hmm. That's some pretty helpful error messaging from the coders :)

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
M.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2019, 10:30:33 pm »

There are instructions in the first post. Use Cloudplay from MC, not from a browser. The minimum is 5 tracks.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2019, 12:25:58 pm »

Is there plans for different ways to look through playlists? Seems like we still don't have the ability to just browse them all, as stated above currently it feels more user-centric than playlist-centric.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »

In Standard view go to tools>options>theaterview. under Items to show click on Add and then streaming. move it down to whatever position you want and then hit ok. open theater view and when you click on streaming you will get three folders. the middle will be cloudplay folder click on it and all playlists will be displayed.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2019, 01:51:37 pm »

In Standard view go to tools>options>theaterview. under Items to show click on Add and then streaming. move it down to whatever position you want and then hit ok. open theater view and when you click on streaming you will get three folders. the middle will be cloudplay folder click on it and all playlists will be displayed.
Thats helpful thanks, how about in standard view? I only use theater view in my living room, but the majority of my usage of JRiver is sitting at a desk using the standard interface.

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2019, 09:28:24 pm »

Hi all,

Skimmed slash searched the Cloudplay Q&A threads and haven't been able to discover the answer to what seems to be a simple question. Does Cloudplay work when MC has a remote library loaded (ie, running as a client)? I'm running .113 in a mixed Linux/Windows environment, although it appears repeatable in a Linux/Linux situation as well. In short, I have not had success downloading or playing a playlist from Cloudplay when operating a client, with a few different issues.

If I press the play button corresponding to a playlist from the Cloudplay interface on the client machine, a warning pops up, "There is nothing to play."

If I download the same playlist on the client, then navigate to it in Playlists > Cloudplay Playlists, the playlist is nominally populated. But selecting a track results in a "(file not found)" in the bottom info bar area.

If I load my local library on what was the client, both of the above function as expected.

If I use Cloudplay from the server itself, the above functions as expected. However, the client cannot play the playlist even though it nominally propagates to the client thru server sync. (This last point may be inconsistent. Somehow I got an ABBA playlist to (playably) sync from server to client. I cannot repeat that success tho, so ... ABBA?)

Seems I've missed something, appreciate your thoughts.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2019, 01:42:11 am »

Local playback of Cloudplay playlists should work, depending on your settings.
Did you try multiple playlists?
Are both sides using 25.0.113?

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2019, 11:16:30 am »

Local playback of Cloudplay playlists should work, depending on your settings.
Did you try multiple playlists?
Are both sides using 25.0.113?

Both sides running 25.0.113. I tried several playlists. Authentication and server sync are turned on and otherwise working as expected. What other settings might be implicated?  Other than "Upload to Cloud", are there features that need to be turned on?

I'm installing a fresh copy of .113 on an extra Linux laptop to give it another test/more playlists.

[ETA] Fresh install didn't result in anything different -- playlists still not working. Further, it appears the ABBA playlist that was working properly yesterday no longer plays on either the client or the server.

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2019, 06:31:01 pm »

[ETA] Fresh install didn't result in anything different -- playlists still not working. Further, it appears the ABBA playlist that was working properly yesterday no longer plays on either the client or the server.

Tried a few other things. Basically, Cloudplay does not work for me on any device involving my MC server.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2019, 03:18:18 am »

If you are unable to get Cloudplay working without using a client/server architecture, then something may be blocking access.  Firewall or antivirus.

Check settings at Tools > Options > Cloudplay.

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2019, 11:23:38 am »

If you are unable to get Cloudplay working without using a client/server architecture, then something may be blocking access.  Firewall or antivirus.

Check settings at Tools > Options > Cloudplay.

It is the opposite, Cloudplay only works if I'm *not* using a client/server setup. If connected to my server, my client says there's no file to play when I click on a playlist in the Cloudplay interface.

Given the above, I don't she how the issue could be a firewall or antivirus issue (but the wiki doesn't contain information about how Cloudplay is implemented, so I guess I can't be sure).

I don't see any meaningful (to this issue) settings in Tools > Options > Cloudplay.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2019, 02:30:51 pm »

Select Player (the server) as the playback destination.

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2019, 02:50:36 pm »

Select Player (the server) as the playback destination.

I'm not sure I follow. The server is just a server, there is no audio device attached to it. I'm trying to play Cloudplay files thru the DAC/amp attached to the client.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2019, 03:07:16 pm »

Cloudplay has limits about where you can play. 

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2019, 03:29:02 pm »

Cloudplay has limits about where you can play.

So to confirm, this is expected behavior for Cloudplay? Ie., a user cannot use Cloudplay if the MC instance is a client? Meaning that, to use Cloudplay, one must disconnect from the server (by loading a local library), thus turning the client into a stand-alone installation.

If I'm understanding correctly, then I suggest explaining that point in the wiki. For my use case (which I doubt is unique), Cloudplay doesn't really work at all. Might also hide Cloudplay from the tree when it won't work, to avoid this sort of issue in the future.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2019, 01:53:59 pm »

So to confirm, this is expected behavior for Cloudplay? Ie., a user cannot use Cloudplay if the MC instance is a client? Meaning that, to use Cloudplay, one must disconnect from the server (by loading a local library), thus turning the client into a stand-alone installation.

If I'm understanding correctly, then I suggest explaining that point in the wiki. For my use case (which I doubt is unique), Cloudplay doesn't really work at all. Might also hide Cloudplay from the tree when it won't work, to avoid this sort of issue in the future.
That hasn't been my experience. My server also runs on a server, so every instance of JRiver I use is a client, and the only library I have is the server library. I even use cloudplay from work on a laptop remotely connecting to my server.

The only time it made me load a local library was when I wanted to upload a playlist.

EDIT## Still hoping for an option to browse all playlists. Seems like a basic thing to offer.

Also any word on multi channel audio? Are these being held over for v26?

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2019, 04:32:23 am »

I recently upgraded from MC23 to MC25 to try cloudplay. Registration to cloudplay worked and I was able to upload a playlist. I am able to play a playlist from cloudplay in MC25, but the playback is constantly interrupted (roughly each 15 sec) when "buffering" is shown. When the next part of a song is downloaded it plays again for 5-10 sec and this happens even for CD quality content (rates at 700kbps). The same problem exists for Radio JRiver. When doing playback via e.g. radio paradise in flac mode there is no problem at all (similar rate at about 900kbps). My internet connection shall anyhow be fast enough with 60/12 Mbps (down/upload). I run MC25 on a windows 10 with the firewall and security suite being disabled. I read through the cloudplay threads, but it seems that nobody else has had similar problems. I changed also the MC25 webbrowser setting, but both, Internet Explorer and Chromium, engines have the same problem. I installed MC25 also on a second windows 10 machine, but it has the same problem. Is there any setting that I need to change or is there any problem with my cloudplay account? 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2019, 04:50:29 am »

Did you try power cycling all hardware, including the network?

What are you playing to?

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2019, 05:09:04 am »

I switched everything off and on again, but the problem is still the same. I am using MC quite a long time and I like it a lot. Normally I use a WASAPI or ASIO driver towards an USB DAC, but the problem exists also when using the laptops speakers.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2019, 06:19:34 am »

What is the full version of MC that you're using?

Antivirus?  See the Windows Defender thread on this forum for help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2019, 07:01:43 am »

I'm playing the classical Radio JRiver station without problems.

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2019, 07:47:55 am »

I am using the latest version (25.0.113). I de-installed my security suite as some background services could not be stopped and deactivated windows defender firewall, but still the same problem for both, cloudplay and Radio JRiver. Windows 10 has also the latest updates sucessfully installed. I do not remember if I deinstalled MC23 with registry clean-up or not, but since I have the same problem on two different computers, this shall not be the cause as the other one didn't have MC23 installed. What setting or program can cause this slow connection to the amazon cloud for cloudplay or can it be related to my account?

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2019, 07:52:08 am »

I tried also version 25.0.114 (64-bit Windows), but the problem is still the same.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2019, 08:09:35 am »

I've played the classical Radio JRiver station without problems for the last two hours.  Please test that one.

It's apparently not the server, but it could be related to your ISP's routing to it.  Did you power your cable modem (or equivalent) off and back on?

What country?

Please describe the two machines. 

Registry cleaners can cause problems.

Did you configure Windows Defender?  It's never off.    https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2019, 09:45:44 am »

I am in Germany. I powered off/on the modem/router again. I applied the instructions for the windows defender exclusions (I put all of them). I tried Radio JRiver classical station, but the "buffering" problem is still the same. I did never use any registry cleaners, but shall I install MC23 again and then deinstall it with removing registry entries to be sure?

Main machine:
HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2 Core i5-5300U
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

2nd machine for work:
HP Elitebook 840 G5 Core i5-8350U
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2019, 09:59:26 am »

I'm in France right now. 

Classical radio played fine.
Eclectic had some hesitations
I'm playing a playlist now by Funkateer called Funky 45s ...   At first, it had a lot of hesitations, but now it's smooth.

This could just be an Internet problem right now.  Keep trying.  It may clear up.  I don't think it's a JRiver problem.

No need to do anything with MC23.

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2019, 10:22:52 am »

ok, thanks a lot for your very quick help. Let's then wait if it improves the next days.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2019, 10:48:54 am »

Jim wrote:

I'm playing a playlist now by Funkateer called Funky 45s

I tried to search for this playlist using Cloudplay search field and the strings: 'funkateer' and 'funky 45s'. Neither of them gave any hits. What do I miss here?

Thanks!

mh166

• Recent member
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2019, 11:36:20 am »

The search field does also not give any results for me, but you can simply search for user "Funkateer" and then you will find the corresponding  playlist "Funky 45s: Rare And Obscure ..."

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2019, 11:52:13 am »

The search field does also not give any results for me, but you can simply search for user "Funkateer" and then you will find the corresponding  playlist "Funky 45s: Rare And Obscure ..."

Not for me, see screenshot.

And the idea with a search feature here, isn't that to be able to search for music/genres? A username isn't that useful... 

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2019, 03:50:14 pm »

Try a search for "Funk".

Crewz71

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2019, 04:13:18 pm »

Let's all do what we can to support this feature.
 JRiver radio may not be the largest. But let’s
Make it the most eclectic!
For my part I now have just short of 1000 tracks uploaded.
FYI, if you own any type of planar speaker,  check out my Late Night playlist.
My files can be found under Jon G
Thanks for this feature.

Loving your Late Night Playlist Jon....right up my street.......many thanks from a new cloudplay user

All the best

Wayne

Aa_Ron

« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2019, 10:44:14 am »

I recently upgraded to the new MC from MC24. I have been using the cloudplay effectively on my windows 10 PC and my android device, but I can not get it to work on my windows 7 PC. Every time I try to log in it kicks me back to the original screen that has the sign in/sign up, continue and listener supported selections to choose from. Continue just kicks me over to the sign in screen, where I enter my info just to get kicked back to the previous screen. I can get it to work in firefox on my windows 7 just not MC25. I have tried the recently released 25.0.114 and it did not work so I tried installing 25.0.113 again to see if it fixed it but it did not. I am not sure if this an issue in my settings or if it is an issue with MC25 on windows 7 but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron

Talisker69

• Recent member
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2019, 04:59:02 am »

Hi,
I reach the limit of the number of files ...
Could you please increase the limit ? It's only 10% of my library ...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2019, 05:28:04 am »

I recently upgraded to the new MC from MC24. I have been using the cloudplay effectively on my windows 10 PC and my android device, but I can not get it to work on my windows 7 PC. Every time I try to log in it kicks me back to the original screen that has the sign in/sign up, continue and listener supported selections to choose from. Continue just kicks me over to the sign in screen, where I enter my info just to get kicked back to the previous screen. I can get it to work in firefox on my windows 7 just not MC25
Wrong login and password?
Firewall?

JohnT

« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2019, 02:19:13 pm »

Hi,
I reach the limit of the number of files ...
Could you please increase the limit ? It's only 10% of my library ...
OK, your limit has been increased.  Thanks for contributing!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2019, 03:06:13 pm »

I recently upgraded to the new MC from MC24. I have been using the cloudplay effectively on my windows 10 PC and my android device, but I can not get it to work on my windows 7 PC. Every time I try to log in it kicks me back to the original screen that has the sign in/sign up, continue and listener supported selections to choose from. Continue just kicks me over to the sign in screen, where I enter my info just to get kicked back to the previous screen. I can get it to work in firefox on my windows 7 just not MC25. I have tried the recently released 25.0.114 and it did not work so I tried installing 25.0.113 again to see if it fixed it but it did not. I am not sure if this an issue in my settings or if it is an issue with MC25 on windows 7 but any help would be appreciated....
Are you trying to sign in on the Win7 computer with the email that begins with "mon" or the one that begins with "gxs"?

The Win7 computer doesn't restrict running of Javascript in the browser does it? 

You could try switching MC's embedded web browser to Chrome and see if it works better (Tools / Options / Tree & View / Web Browser).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

steini0807

• Recent member
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2019, 04:10:44 am »

In Cloudplay I can only play JRiver Radio (4Buttons Eclectioc Classical Jazz Rock TryMe) but if I choose a title from a uploaded title I get message „please login“.  After login in  I get only the message „seite wird geladen  (this means page is loading)“
what do i wrong?

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2019, 04:20:39 am »

You cannot play a single track direct in cloud play window. You have to click the play button to get the whole playlist. After that you can play each track you want in your playing now window.

Aa_Ron

« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2019, 04:29:44 pm »

Are you trying to sign in on the Win7 computer with the email that begins with "mon" or the one that begins with "gxs"?

The Win7 computer doesn't restrict running of Javascript in the browser does it? 

You could try switching MC's embedded web browser to Chrome and see if it works better (Tools / Options / Tree & View / Web Browser).

Sorry for the delay in responce, I have been busy this week.

I have tried both I only but mostly the email that begins with mon. Neither work.

No the windows 7 computer does not restrict the running of javascript.

I just tried switching the browser to chrome but it did not seem to change anything with cloudplay.

Thank you,
Aaron

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2019, 06:22:07 pm »

Cloudplay is really awesome!

Is there a way to show My Favorite Playlists and the users that I am following in Theater view?
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2019, 04:38:10 pm »

New Cloudplay page on the MC26 board.

Closing this one.

karzai

• Recent member
« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2019, 08:36:59 am »

I uploaded HD tracks from another computer and tried to listened to them in another computer. When I play these files, it says "Tracks were filtered based on your settings"

How can I modify the settings so that I would be able to play those HD tracks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2019, 08:42:12 am »

Optons > Cloudplay
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up