INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II  (Read 32892 times)

karzai

• Recent member
Re: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2019, 03:38:49 am »

Thanks.

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2020, 05:36:31 pm »

Trying to sign up for cloudplay and it says my email is all ready taken, can someone please help me get signed up?

Thanks
Terry

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2020, 05:44:26 pm »

Try the option for "forgot password".  It's built on the same framework we used for earlier projects.  You must have signed up for one.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2020, 05:50:10 pm »

Once again nevermind, just used forum password with my email and I am now signed into cloudplay and its working great.

Very nice addition to JRiver ( I upgraded from mc23, no cloudplay).

Now I just need to figure out how to get some of my tunes into the mix, lol.

It's just been a rough week for me (computing wise), thanks for your patience in answering all these questions, you shall be rewarded in the next life greatly, lol.

Terry

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2020, 03:41:31 pm »

I uploaded a little playlist of 11 Chicago tracks from an overview film about them, I called the list Chicago Classics, all worked fine.

Question 1> somewhere I saw a limit of 2000 tracks, is that per user?
Question 2> can I now delete the playlist where it is listed over on the left side of the j.river software?
Question 3> what happens when I download a playlist from cloudplay, is this just a shortcut to the list or the actual music files?

Thanks
TC

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2020, 03:46:40 pm »

I uploaded a little playlist of 11 Chicago tracks from an overview film about them, I called the list Chicago Classics, all worked fine.
The playlists should be mixed, not the same artist or album or it's not covered by our license.
Question 1> somewhere I saw a limit of 2000 tracks, is that per user?
Per person, but in some cases we can raise the limit.
Question 2> can I now delete the playlist where it is listed over on the left side of the j.river software?
Yes.
Question 3> what happens when I download a playlist from cloudplay, is this just a shortcut to the list or the actual music files?
Just a link to the playlist on our server.

Frank machin

• Recent member
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2020, 08:36:29 am »

This cloud play and JR radio station.

I do not have a lot of music and i would imagine the quality is poor compared to the majority of the users on this forum.

So having said that, if i join, am i allowed to listen to other peoples playlists and the radio without uploading my small amount of music?

cheers

BradATIMA

« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2020, 08:45:46 am »

This cloud play and JR radio station.

I do not have a lot of music and i would imagine the quality is poor compared to the majority of the users on this forum.

So having said that, if i join, am i allowed to listen to other peoples playlists and the radio without uploading my small amount of music?

cheers

Yes. Playing playlists in Cloudplay or Radio JRiver does not require uploading anything.

Frank machin

• Recent member
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2020, 09:07:12 am »

Yes. Playing playlists in Cloudplay or Radio JRiver does not require uploading anything.

Thank you BradATIMA

I cannot see anything regarding a subscription for cloudplay. Am i missing something or is it free?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2020, 09:45:28 am »

Frank machin

• Recent member

kwinand

• Recent member
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2020, 10:05:32 am »

This really looks interesting and exciting but I really can't figure out how to register / log in. Tried to use my forum username (but different pw) to register and says it says the username is already in use. Ok. Tried to register with a different username but says email already in use. Tried to sign in using my forum username and password and says invalid username and/or password.

What is the right combination?

thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2020, 11:59:00 am »

You may have registered earlier, when it was used differently.  Try sending youself your password from the bottom of the signin page.

It's unfortunately not tied to the forum accounts.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2020, 01:52:04 pm »

Update changed playlist?

If I add / change songs in a playlist can I re-upload it?

Will it:

1. Upload only added songs?

2. Try to re-upload the entire playlist? or

3. refuse to upload the playlist because it already exists?

Carl.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2020, 10:27:26 am »

It will upload the entire playlist and replace the old one.  It will ask you to verify before doing it.

It will not re-upload files you have not listened to since you uploaded the previous playlist.  But, it will upload those that you have listened to since the previous upload.  Hope that's not confusing. 

I do wish it would ignore the "last played" and "times played" fields, but it doesn't.

jctcom

« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2020, 04:49:06 pm »

So then it will add any new or changed tracks in the playlist rather than actually re-uploading the entire playlist?  Changed being listened to or rated etc...

edit:

Ok so that's really annoying.  I added songs to a playlist and then re-uploaded it.  It erased what was there and only added the new tracks that I added.  This is a very poor design and I hope it get's fixed soon.  I don't want to create a new playlist with a different name every time I add tracks to it.  Please fix it so that it adds the changed songs to the existing playlist rather than what it does now which is just silly.  I also don't think we should have to eat up bandwidth and time by erasing and re-uploading an entire playlist because we want to add a few songs to it.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2020, 03:25:41 pm »

So then it will add any new or changed tracks in the playlist rather than actually re-uploading the entire playlist?  Changed being listened to or rated etc...

edit:

Ok so that's really annoying.  I added songs to a playlist and then re-uploaded it.  It erased what was there and only added the new tracks that I added.  This is a very poor design and I hope it get's fixed soon.  I don't want to create a new playlist with a different name every time I add tracks to it.  Please fix it so that it adds the changed songs to the existing playlist rather than what it does now which is just silly.  I also don't think we should have to eat up bandwidth and time by erasing and re-uploading an entire playlist because we want to add a few songs to it.

It should reload the playlist, adjusting it to whatever songs you either deleted or added and in the order you have it now.  In other words, it should duplicate the playlist as it is on your computer at the time you upload.  If you just add them at the end, it will do the same.  It will be an exact duplicate to your playlist when done.  Check the site's playlist and compare it to yours.  Is there a difference?

jctcom

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2020, 03:37:47 pm »

Original playlist had about 400 or so songs.  I added about 85 songs to the playlist and then re-uploaded it.  I received the warning that it would overwrite the existing playlist which was fine.  but afterwards the CloudPlay playlist only contained 85 files instead of the new 485 files.

I subsequently deleted the CloudPlay list and then re-uploaded it again at which time it contained the 485 tracks.

Neil6

• Recent member
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2020, 04:40:47 am »

Complete newbie to cloud play::), can't seem to load anything in the cloud play window, just a blank screen. Do you have to pay extra for this service or enable it?
Cheers Neil

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2020, 06:13:44 am »

What OS? 

You don't have to pay to use it.  You do have to register.

Try maximizing the window.

Joaquindapark

• Recent member
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2020, 07:46:08 pm »

I’m so pumped. Love Cloudplay. Ability to PlayDoctor and mix and match other's music with mine; all lossless. I signed up to contribute. Confirmed via payment provider. Also successfully uploaded a playlist.
If only I could use it all. Would appreciate help:
Right now all I can play are the 6 playlist buttons: Eclectic, Classical; Jazz;Rock; Prog; Try Me.
When I click on a playlist on the left, nothing happens.
Clicking on gear icon upper right: nothing happens
Menu icon to its left: nothing happens.
Tools -> Options -> no cloudplay options

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2020, 08:02:12 am »

What version of MC are you using?

Do you have a Cloudplay account?  Did you use the email to confirm it?

Try expanding the window.

Joaquindapark

• Recent member
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2020, 12:26:26 pm »

Thanks. Using MC 25.0.50 On Id - Linux
I do have an account. Tried to re-send confirmation. System said I confirmed already.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2020, 12:34:03 pm »

The Linux version of MC25 may not work.  Could you try MC26?

Joaquindapark

• Recent member
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2020, 08:10:58 am »

To get full access to CloudPlay I’m willing to try. I’ll look around to see what’s involved, i.e. payment, instructions. Thanks. I’ll circle back.

Few days later: JimH you’re a gentleman and a scholar ‍. Updated to MC25 without a glitch. Now Cloudplay works on Id. Sincere thanks. I’d be helpless and condemned to low res music were it not for this community. Kudos all around.

Blooloo

• Recent member
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2022, 01:06:53 am »

I notice that there are now many 'single artist' and 'complete CD' album uploads appearing contrary to the guidelines. These seem to be 96/192 FLAC versions of complete albums (probably downloaded from Tidal or Qobuz by the looks of the files). I understand that the uploads should be mixes and not complete albums by a single artist - is this still true?

I ask as it raises a question of legality if I download those album playlists and play them from my machine, am I breaking any rules on usage or copyright?
Thanks

KeekUras

• Recent member
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2024, 10:10:29 pm »

Any chance Cloudplay is having upload issues? I've been trying to update my 280 track playlist on and off all day and the same 9 songs I added keep failing to upload.

KeekUras

• Recent member
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2024, 08:04:40 am »

Any chance Cloudplay is having upload issues? I've been trying to update my 280 track playlist on and off all day and the same 9 songs I added keep failing to upload.
Ok, 2 days have passed, I've tried at least once a day and I'm still getting failed when trying to upload.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2024, 12:43:14 pm »

I tested a playlist this afternoon and it worked fine.

Could you test a new playlist of between 10 and 30 tracks?

KeekUras

• Recent member
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2024, 10:52:21 am »

I tested a playlist this afternoon and it worked fine.

Could you test a new playlist of between 10 and 30 tracks?
Created a test playlist with 30 random tracks, still fails. See attached.

KeekUras

• Recent member
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2024, 09:43:39 am »

I've tried at least once a day for a week now and still no luck uploading to Cloudplay.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2024, 11:11:58 am »

Wait for MC32 now.  Soon.

Joaquindapark

• Recent member
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2024, 02:03:06 pm »

I'm still on MC25. I can't get Cloudplay to work. I can see the playlist. I click on the play button. The playlist songs load in my player, but the music doesn't play. Do I take it I will need to upgrade?

Correction: My MC version is 26. Running on Id Debian. I understand that Cloudplay is listener supported. I think I made a contribution recently and saw no results. Again MC plays all files in my library but Cloudplay playlists show music, load into the player but I get a vague error message "something went wrong with your playback". Do I need to contribute? I welcome help.

Macro

« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2024, 12:26:54 am »

I'm running the latest version of JRiver, and can't play or download playlists either.

edit: Now it is working, no idea what the problem was.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up