INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II  (Read 35447 times)

Wildcat

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cloudplay Questions and Answers II
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2019, 04:02:06 pm »

I am running 25.0.71.

They are gone now after restarting MC. I was listening to my own playlist  ;D to see if it was ok. Perhaps that's why they were there? tried clearing playing now and that didn't get rid of them. Once I restarted MC they were gone.

Thanks.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2019, 05:04:43 pm »

Running newest stable build. Just purchased JRiver. Is there a way to just browse through all playlists. I see the button to look at popular or new, but can't see a way to just cruise through them all. I assume it is right in front of me and I missed it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2019, 06:24:00 pm »

What is the full build?

If you're talking about the Cloudplay page, down arrow goes to the next user or playlist.

We're not done with the navigation yet, so please suggest what you think would be better.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2019, 06:39:34 pm »

What is the full build?

If you're talking about the Cloudplay page, down arrow goes to the next user or playlist.

We're not done with the navigation yet, so please suggest what you think would be better.

Ah I see I have to browse through users to see their playlists. That works, it would be nice to see on the left an option instead
of users just all the playlists together. Also when you search a genre that it wouldn't still be based on each user but would just be
a list of playlists.

Thats just my .02, others may disagree or I just may be using it wrong. I looked at the settings like smartlist but haven't quite figured it out.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2019, 06:51:05 pm »

Thanks.

There's a thread here about using Cloudplay with Doctor Who.  You might find it interesting.

You can also search for a genre or genres to limit the list.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2019, 12:45:49 pm »

Thanks.

There's a thread here about using Cloudplay with Doctor Who.  You might find it interesting.

You can also search for a genre or genres to limit the list.
Thank you I'll have a look, seems like there is a lot to learn to use JRiver to its full potential.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2019, 11:59:47 am »

Even if you uninstalled IE you should still be able to access some of the Internet Options from Windows. It's in Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Security tab -> Custom level... Near the bottom of the list is the Scripting section and the first option is Active scripting. This controls JavaScript so it needs to be enabled for Cloudplay to work properly.
I followed this suggestion, Active Scripting was already enabled. Any other ideas?

BradATIMA

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2019, 01:30:00 pm »

I followed this suggestion, Active Scripting was already enabled. Any other ideas?

You could try switching the engine to Chromium in Media Center (Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Web Browser).

Svafrlami

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2019, 09:08:39 pm »

Why is the "Upload To Cloud" option blacked out despite being signed into Cloudplay and having a playlist of 5 lossless files?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2019, 06:54:19 am »

Allready uploaded?

If you're on a trial version, try updating MC.  Formerly, a trial version wouldn't work with Cloudplay.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 08:24:08 am »

You could try switching the engine to Chromium in Media Center (Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Web Browser).
Tried Chromium again (had tried previously), no change. I know there may be many settings or combinations of settings that could cause this, but can I be the only one seeing this problem? As I said previously, it works fine on my Dell laptop but not on my main Lenovo desktop. Both run the same software and, as far as I can tell, have the same OS version, MC version and system/MC settings. If I am missing all of the JavaScript icons as you suggested that seems to narrow it down quite a bit. I appreciate your help so far and hope you have not yet run out of things to try.

Bro

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 07:34:05 am »

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 08:29:18 am »

Same for me. As in my prior post, the buttons are visible on one of my computers but not on another. All software and settings seem to be the same.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 08:30:39 am »

What version of MC are you using?

Bro

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2019, 09:10:20 am »

What version of MC are you using?

latest one. 25.0.71 (64bit)
Funny thing that number of likes is visible but "heart" icon not :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2019, 09:31:45 am »

Try making the window wider.  If you can't, try increasing the screen resolution.  Or try changing the font size (ctrl + and ctrl -).

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:34 pm »

Try making the window wider.  If you can't, try increasing the screen resolution.  Or try changing the font size (ctrl + and ctrl -).
My window is max width. Screen resolution is max, 1920 x 1080. Font size larger or smaller makes no difference to the problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2019, 04:12:37 pm »

Was the playlist recently uploaded?  Date?

Are you using anything special that might modify the screen?  Windows even.

OS?

Is it only for your own playlists?  Or all.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2019, 01:03:00 am »

Cloudplay doesn't even show up in the tree for one of my customers. Is there a way to activate it, or should we try reinstalling MC25?

Svafrlami

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2019, 02:29:43 am »

Allready uploaded?

If you're on a trial version, try updating MC.  Formerly, a trial version wouldn't work with Cloudplay.
That was the reason, thanks!. I've just purchased a license because i am really liking what JRiver has to offer :).

Bro

• Recent member
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2019, 04:31:40 am »

Quote from: JimH

OS?

It is not related to certain playlist, buttons are not visible on any playlist!
no modification of screen as much as I know, resolution is standard for my monitor. OS is win 7 professional.
zooming in or out does not help.

Best thing is that when going via external browser on user.jriver.com it shows all icons as it should...interesting.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2019, 06:12:36 am »

... when going via external browser on user.jriver.com it shows all icons as it should...interesting.
That suggests the javascript is disabled.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2019, 06:23:01 am »

Cloudplay doesn't even show up in the tree for one of my customers. Is there a way to activate it, or should we try reinstalling MC25?
Tools > Options > General > Features > Upload to Cloud
or
version of MC is too old

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2019, 07:21:16 am »

Hi, I have a small problem with the cloudplay and a Question:

Question: In version 25.0.74 (7/8/2019) is written: 6. NEW: Added a "Cloudplay" options page and it allows setting rules for file playback.
Sorry but I was not able to finde this option page.

Problem: When I play local sound files over LAN to my DAC´s everything is running fine - if I do the same with playing files from Cloudplay I get always a failure message - cannot play. Any idea why and how to sort this out.

Thanks in advance
Wake up and slow down 😴

rec head

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2019, 01:05:59 pm »

I'll admit I have only skimmed this thread but I have a question: Is there a way to select a single track or do I have to listen through the whole playlist? Hovering over a track name just gives me a text select cursor.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2019, 09:36:35 am »

Found now the new cloudplay setting page under: settings > cloudplay.

Any idea why cloudplay files cannot be played over DLNA?
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2019, 09:39:06 am »

I'll admit I have only skimmed this thread but I have a question: Is there a way to select a single track or do I have to listen through the whole playlist? Hovering over a track name just gives me a text select cursor.
Not possible until you play the playlist.

The license we have is for radio, not for "on demand music".

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2019, 09:39:36 am »

Any idea why cloudplay files cannot be played over DLNA?
It's not yet implemented.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2019, 11:10:27 am »

OS?

Same for all playlists, mine or others, recent or old. Can't find anything that modifies the screen, and it works fine for all other apps (dozens of them). Javascript is on.

JohnT

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2019, 10:00:33 am »

Same for all playlists, mine or others, recent or old. Can't find anything that modifies the screen, and it works fine for all other apps (dozens of them). Javascript is on.
Well, I was finally able to replicate your font issue by changing a rather obscure Windows security setting, but I'm not sure if it's the same cause as on your computer.

Is this a corporate computer or your personal computer?  It doesn't seem like this setting would have been modified by anyone other than a very security conscious IT administrator.  The setting prevents so-called 'untrusted fonts' from being used in applications such as web browsers.  I believe that means that any font not already installed in the /Windows/Fonts directory will be blocked.  The setting is easily accessible on Pro and Enterprise versions of Windows 10 by using the Group Policy Editor.  On other Windows versions you need to modify the registry entry manually. 

There's a page that describes the procedure here:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/block-untrusted-fonts-in-enterprise#fix-apps-having-problems-because-of-blocked-fonts

To do a quick check to see if this might be the problem, follow these steps:

1. Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\kernel\
2. Look for a key called "MitigationOptions"
3. If the key exists and has a value beginning with "0x1" followed by 12 digits (either ones or zeros), example: 0x1000000000000, then the "untrusted font blocking" feature is enabled.  This is not the default value, the default is to not block fonts. 

If you're comfortable editing the registry (and have permission):  To turn off the 'feature' so it won't block fonts, change the first digit to "2" instead of "1" (double click the key and edit the Value Data).  You must restart the computer before the change takes effect.

Instead of turning off the feature, you can "whitelist" certain apps like IE by following the directions on the above linked Microsoft page.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2019, 07:19:26 pm »

Well done John T - where else would you get support like this!
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2019, 02:36:00 am »

Hi,

I am trying to upload a playlist to CP but I am getting the error that the file type of .flac is incorrect and that it needs to be .FLAC?

Am I missing something here?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2019, 07:03:32 am »

Hi,

I am trying to upload a playlist to CP but I am getting the error that the file type of .flac is incorrect and that it needs to be .FLAC?

Seems unlikely that it's a case problem, but could you try renaming a few files?  Five is the minimum that will upload.

Are they ordinary, 2 channel FLAC?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2019, 07:29:34 am »

Hi,

What's the exact error text?

I just switched a couple calls to not be case-sensitive, but I'm not sure they were what was tripping you up.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2019, 09:12:25 am »

Well, I was finally able to replicate your font issue by changing a rather obscure Windows security setting, but I'm not sure if it's the same cause as on your computer.

Is this a corporate computer or your personal computer? 
This is my personal computer. Font blocking was not enabled in the registry. I looked at whitelisting IE just in case, but since it is not installed on this computer there was no .exe file to whitelist. That made me wonder, since IE is not installed what tweaking the Internet Options in control panel really does? I really appreciate your work on this and will fully understand if you can't devote more time to it, since it seems to be a really obscure problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2019, 09:21:38 am »

IE isn't installed?  That's unusual.

What version of Windows?

JohnT

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2019, 09:27:29 am »

This is my personal computer. Font blocking was not enabled in the registry. I looked at whitelisting IE just in case, but since it is not installed on this computer there was no .exe file to whitelist. That made me wonder, since IE is not installed what tweaking the Internet Options in control panel really does? I really appreciate your work on this and will fully understand if you can't devote more time to it, since it seems to be a really obscure problem.
You could try checking the Windows Event Viewer logs to see if a font error is showing up.  When I replicated your problem the other day, I could see errors like:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\JRWeb.exe attempted loading a font that is restricted by font loading policy.

I saw these errors in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Win32k/Operational

Edit: You could try adding the JRWeb.exe program to the font loading whitelist.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2019, 04:09:17 pm »

You could try checking the Windows Event Viewer logs to see if a font error is showing up.  When I replicated your problem the other day, I could see errors like:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\JRWeb.exe attempted loading a font that is restricted by font loading policy.

I saw these errors in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Win32k/Operational

Edit: You could try adding the JRWeb.exe program to the font loading whitelist.
We might be getting close! I have attached a snip of the event viewer log, looks like a font problem. I tried adding JRWeb.exe to the registry whitelist but it didn't help - although I'm not 100% sure I got that right. I have also attached a snip of that.

JohnT

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2019, 04:41:44 pm »

Very interesting.  Did you add the "Fonts" key with value of zero?  I'm not sure what that means.  I wonder if you got rid of the "Fonts" key and added the MitigationOptions key with value 2000000000000 like discussed in the previous post.  Then restarted the computer.

JohnT

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2019, 05:00:14 pm »

And here's yet another place where the font blocking can be enabled:

Registry Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Registry Path: \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\MitigationOptions\

Value Name: MitigationOptions_FontBocking

Type: REG_SZ
Value: 1000000000000 (1 with 12 zeros)

If you have this registry entry and it's set like above, change it to 2000000000000 (2 with 12 zeros).  If you don't have the entry, don't change anything.

JohnT

« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2019, 05:20:15 pm »

When I added JRWeb.exe to Image File Execution Options and added a QWORD entry called MitigationOptions with value 1000000000000, the icons DID NOT show up in Cloudplay after restarting Media Center.   Then I changed the value to 2000000000000, restarted Media Center, and the icons in Cloudplay showed up fine.

Here's what my registry entry looked like when the icons were working:

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2019, 07:43:35 pm »

I get a totally blank page now when selecting "popular playlists". Was my favorite feature so far.

Favorite users still works. I think this happened after the app updated to .76 (32 bit)

Also the playlist I have saved (someones that I liked) is now empty and won't play anything.

Plus I'm not really sure what the search is supposed to do at this point. It just lists users on the left? I don't usually find the search item in their lists.

###EDIT I can save playlists when I go to the user and find them, that one was just acting weird.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2019, 10:05:29 pm »

I see the problem.  Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.

JohnT

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2019, 09:21:42 am »

I get a totally blank page now when selecting "popular playlists". Was my favorite feature so far.
It's working again.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2019, 10:42:08 am »

When I added JRWeb.exe to Image File Execution Options and added a QWORD entry called MitigationOptions with value 1000000000000, the icons DID NOT show up in Cloudplay after restarting Media Center.   Then I changed the value to 2000000000000, restarted Media Center, and the icons in Cloudplay showed up fine.

Here's what my registry entry looked like when the icons were working:

I reworked my registry tweak to get it exactly like yours, but the problem persists. I also looked for the possible font blocking issue in the other registry location you pointed out, but the entry was not there. I have been enjoying several Cloudplay playlists recently via MC, since I now know that the links to play and download are there, just the icons are not visible.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2019, 11:15:05 am »

I see the problem.  Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.
Great, not sure who you are referring to.

Wanted to add, I saved a bunch of playlists from cloudplay yesterday and today they are all empty.

I have to say once the kinks get worked out I am really digging this. Its looking like a pretty sweet library of lossless and hi-res music.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2019, 12:19:41 pm »

Wanted to add, I saved a bunch of playlists from cloudplay yesterday and today they are all empty.
Did you try downloading them again?

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2019, 01:27:16 pm »

Did you try downloading them again?
I am working from two different PC's but figured they would carry over as they all show up on both machines in my saved playlists.

How do I download them again? Only way I saw was to go back into cloudplay, but I found these lists from going through a bunch of users uploads.
I would have to dig through them all again to download. There were a couple that I had followed with the heart, I was able to easily find them and redownload.

Any reason why the redownload is necessary?

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2019, 09:48:55 pm »

Seems unlikely that it's a case problem, but could you try renaming a few files?  Five is the minimum that will upload.

Are they ordinary, 2 channel FLAC?

What's the exact error text?

I just switched a couple calls to not be case-sensitive, but I'm not sure they were what was tripping you up.

Thanks.

Sorry to be more specific, the error I am getting when uploading to CP is "Reason: Format flac is not using FLAC compression type." I don't understand, all of my audio files are 2ch flac files?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2019, 06:51:57 am »

Sometimes a file can have an extension that is incorrect because someone renamed it.  FLAC also has some weird formats like embedded CUE file. 

Did you rip them?  With what program?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up