INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.42  (Read 1224 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.42
« on: January 08, 2024, 02:12:27 pm »

New in this version:

Fixes to CarPlay crashing on some systems.

shAf

Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.42
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 05:35:53 am »

JRemote v.3.41 was crashing on my iPad Mini 6 this morning. It simply opens and closes immediately, giving me only enough time to see its version.

I noticed the v.3.42 update is available, but it does exactly the same thing, even after rebooting the device. However, both versions worked perfectly well with my iPhone Xs…

Please advise, or let me know what additional information I can provide…

Edit… it’s occurred to me that I had used Airplay with Youtube for the 1st time last night. I also noticed that other apps will also default to Airplay without being asked, e.g., JRemote. I turned off Airplay’s ‘automatic’ mode, but JRemote still crashes…
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 08:43:13 am »

JRemote v.3.41 was crashing on my iPad Mini 6 this morning. It simply opens and closes immediately, giving me only enough time to see its version.

I noticed the v.3.42 update is available, but it does exactly the same thing, even after rebooting the device. However, both versions worked perfectly well with my iPhone Xs…

Please advise, or let me know what additional information I can provide…

Edit… it’s occurred to me that I had used Airplay with Youtube for the 1st time last night. I also noticed that other apps will also default to Airplay without being asked, e.g., JRemote. I turned off Airplay’s ‘automatic’ mode, but JRemote still crashes…
Your database has likely gotten corrupted somehow or if you are auto-connecting to a particular server there is an issue with the articles on the server.
You could try turning articles support in MC off on that server and see if that fixes it. If it does, please email me a list of the articles. bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Otherwise you'll need to delete the app to wipe it's DB and re-download it creating a new DB.

shAf

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 10:03:30 am »

Your database has likely gotten corrupted somehow or if you are auto-connecting to a particular server there is an issue with the articles on the server.
You could try turning articles support in MC off on that server and see if that fixes it. If it does, please email me a list of the articles. bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Otherwise you'll need to delete the app to wipe it's DB and re-download it creating a new DB.

If you’re speaking of the server’s Db, why isn’t it also crashing on my iPhone?

I’ve never played with the server’s article support and I’m unsure as to where to find it. But I’ll poke around and get back to you…

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 10:05:29 am »

If you’re speaking of the server’s Db, why isn’t it also crashing on my iPhone?

I’ve never played with the server’s article support and I’m unsure as to where to find it. But I’ll poke around and get back to you…
No, JRemote has it's own database on the phone to store it's settings, etc.

Articles are in
Tools->Options
Search at the bottom on articles and you'll find the settings.

shAf

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 10:59:09 am »

No, JRemote has it's own database on the phone to store it's settings, etc.

Articles are in
Tools->Options
Search at the bottom on articles and you'll find the settings.

Ignoring ’articles’ didn’t work, but uninstalling/reinstalling JRemote and reconnecting did work…

Thanks for your help!

eapfoto

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 05:26:22 pm »

Just downloaded JRemote for iOS. I love the ability to add star ratings on tracks from the remote, but they do not seem to "stick" on the MC server side. If I look at the player on my Mac, any track I've added a star rating to via JRemote does not reflect that new status. I have the same problem with Gizmo on Android. Is there a setting that needs to be changed for the server to allow a remote to modify ratings? Thanks!

shAf

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 08:35:06 pm »

Just downloaded JRemote for iOS. I love the ability to add star ratings on tracks from the remote, but they do not seem to "stick" on the MC server side. If I look at the player on my Mac, any track I've added a star rating to via JRemote does not reflect that new status. I have the same problem with Gizmo on Android. Is there a setting that needs to be changed for the server to allow a remote to modify ratings? Thanks!

I believe one requirement is the logon be password protected. As to whether there’s a switch that would enable editing, it should be found nearby in the server configuration settings.

#HTH

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 10:28:13 am »

I believe one requirement is the logon be password protected. As to whether there’s a switch that would enable editing, it should be found nearby in the server configuration settings.

#HTH
Yes, authentication is required for changes that write to MC's database.

eapfoto

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 05:49:14 pm »

Thanks for that info. I do have the PW requirement turned off because I don't remember whatever PW I set up initially, and don't see any reset or retrieve options. It's a bit off topic for this thread, but can anyone tell me how to reset or find an existing PW? Thanks!

tlenthe

• Recent member
Folder View in JRemote for Ios
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 01:33:03 pm »

When using folder view on JRemote, the listing includes full hierarchy of higher level folders, making the line too long to see that actual file name.

Is there a way to control or prevent the inclusion of the full folder path in JRemote folder view?

Thanks!

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 08:10:34 am »

Is there an easier way to play just a few selected tracks of an album (just like check-box/mark them a play), than creating a new playlist just for that album and then play this list?

shAf

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 08:50:47 am »

Is there an easier way to play just a few selected tracks of an album (just like check-box/mark them a play), than creating a new playlist just for that album and then play this list?

In the list view of the album’s tracks, press & hold a specific track, and you’ll see a menu for “playing next” or “adding to playlist”… repeat as necessary…

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 09:04:07 am »

Thanks, I forgot this…is there a way to see what’s the play next sequence after adding several tracks to play next?

shAf

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2024, 09:12:06 am »

Thanks, I forgot this…is there a way to see what’s the play next sequence after adding several tracks to play next?

I don’t believe so, that is, without adding and then switching to the playlist view. If you have a number of tracks to insert into the playlist, add all with “play next” in reverse order, and if you don’t end up with you want then choose to edit the list in the playlist view.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2024, 09:21:20 am »

Using 3.42 and MC 31 (last update).  All of a sudden, JRemote won't connect.  It appears to say there is an invalid access key.  I tried to establish a link us the "new server" using the historical access key (that MC 31 says is still current).  I get an invalid access key when I try to link to a new server.  Anyone have any thoughts. 
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up