INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Something went wrong with Playback"  (Read 704 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
"Something went wrong with Playback"
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:34:01 pm »

Playing music from MC (26.0.107 64-bit, currently) perfectly for over a year, served up from my IdNUC. Last listened to on Sunday. Today, nothing's working. I can see the files, I can tag the files, I can search, sort, etc. But double-clicking a file from my Win10 client gives me the error in the subject line.

Reboot the Id, reboot the NAS (all my files), reboot the Win10 client. No errors or changes in these devices, but no files play. I opened a file using Windows Media Player, and it plays, so it's reading from the Id just fine. JRemote on iOS says, "Audio streaming error".

Any clues?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "Something went wrong with Playback"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:31:38 pm »

Describe your setup in more detail.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 07:19:58 am »

IdNUC (MC v. 24), retrieving all music files from Synology NAS, Win10 64-bit client running MC 26. All connected via Cat6e.

I added a comment to a file in the client, and it reflects in the server (Id), so there's connectivity between the two devices and "auto sync with server" is working.

What's disturbing (for me), is that after I attempt to play a file from the client in default file view, the error appears, I click "OK", and the Image File changes from the cover art to the default black and white icon, reminiscent of the time years ago when I had library issues.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 09:36:23 am »

Well, I fixed it. Restored a backup library from 2 days before there was a problem. Works like a champ. Still makes my heart sink when I have library problems. Should we start a MC PTSD thread, for folks who've been through library trauma???
Pages: [1]   Go Up