INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is resetting restore codes possible?  (Read 474 times)

ratmice

• Recent member
Is resetting restore codes possible?
« on: March 27, 2021, 07:20:28 am »

I've been having great difficulty with my installation of MC 27 (see https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129018.0.html). I have had to erase and reinstall many times, without actually getting a working install. I'm afraid with the number of resets I've used that I will run out, and not be able to install at all. I did notice that there is mention on the wiki of getting restores restored by posting in this forum, and I am just checking that this is possible. Not there, yet, but if I don't figure this out soon, I will be.

Not having had to do this in the past, it occurs to me that I may be using restores when I don't need to. I am seeing a bunch of install keys in my mailbox. Can someone confirm that these can be used to reinstall the program without using a restore? It seems they are available for use for 14 days. That should alleviate the possibility of running out of restore options.

Sorry, if this is a silly question, but I have never had so much trouble with an upgrade to MC since I started using it around MC 18

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Is resetting restore codes possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 07:33:03 am »

Please read the wiki topic called Restoring a License.  You can extend your restores by using the 30 day  trial period and by using the Install Key.

If you run out, just post here and we can reset your restores.  We don't do that until you have run out.

ratmice

• Recent member
Re: Is resetting restore codes possible?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 07:36:32 am »

thx for the reply, I was just getting ready for the possibility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up