INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing iTunes Playlists not working  (Read 797 times)

XR219

• Recent member
Importing iTunes Playlists not working
« on: April 19, 2021, 06:18:55 am »

Hi All,

I'm running build 27.0.82. I have exported a playlist from iTunes (I've tried both XML and TXT formats.)

In JRiver i go to file > Import Playlist  Then browse to the Downloads folder where I have previously exported the playlist.

A playlist is created in JRiver with the correct name, but it contains no tracks, just an empty playlist.

I'm clearly doing something stupid. Can someone suggest what I'm doing wrong please.

Thanks,

Ben

XR219

• Recent member
Re: Importing iTunes Playlists not working
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 12:48:15 pm »

Bump

Could anyone who has this working please advise the steps?

I should point out the the play list on iTunes doesn't reference the my JRiver Music folder (because iTunes is rubbish), i just use iTunes for the phone / car.

XR219

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 09:06:54 am »

Hi Guys, as this is support, could I please get some help with this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 09:21:57 am »

XR219

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 04:42:00 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that link. I don't think that's doing what I want. I effectively want to convert a playlist that has been exported from iTunes into one that is in MC format that MC can understand. I actually use MC as my master on the PC and in the house. I don't let iTunes anywhere near it, so I copy the MP3's from MC temporarily to an iTunes library (completely separate from my music library) and let iTunes Match sync them so that I can play them on my iPhone / in the car etc.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 10:29:23 pm »

In that case of course the imported playlist will not work... The Play list is not just the name of the tracks but the file location. The itunes playlist is pointing to files that the MC library knows nothing about? I think you can only get a list of tracks and you are going to have to recreate it in MC by looking them up one by one and adding them to a new playlist in MC. This is not an issue with MC, it's the way you have the 2 applications setup.

In my case although I do not use itunes anymore; my library for MC overlays the itunes library, meaning it has the same folder structure but I also add HD Music. Since itunes knows nothing about HD files, or FLAC files it completely ignores them and only contains the Music folder with MP3, M4A.

Hope this helps.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up