INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Files that have been previously deleted  (Read 1139 times)

martyk

• Recent member
Importing Files that have been previously deleted
« on: May 16, 2021, 03:51:12 pm »

I have a problem which I have searched for in the forum, but I don't see an answer that works.  I have a number of files that Media Center does not import.  They are definitely on the PC along with other files that do import.  I have deleted Media Center and re-installed, turned off automatic import and manually tried, turned off skip previously deleted files.  All the things suggested in previous threads.  I have restored a working backup also.  What am I missing?  It is very frustrating.  I am not new to Media Center, I began using it in 2000 and have all the latest versions.  Please help.
Thanks

martyk

• Recent member
Re: Importing Files that have been previously deleted
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 01:46:55 pm »

Bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 02:11:13 pm »

Maybe you could try emptying the library and import?  If that works, it will tell you the problem is the deleted files stuff.  If that doesn't work, there's something wrong with the files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 03:35:23 pm »

Maybe you could try emptying the library and import?  If that works, it will tell you the problem is the deleted files stuff.  If that doesn't work, there's something wrong with the files.

I have emptied the libraray and rebuilt and also emptied the file and restored.  Neither works.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 03:40:49 pm »

Then there must be something wrong with the files.  Does the log offer any clues?  Can other programs handle the files?

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 08:22:49 am »

If I click on the file in that particular file folder, it will play using Media Center, so it recognizes the files and all the information show correctly.  It just won't import the files. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 08:43:10 am »

If you can play the files, right-click in Playing Now and pick import.  That will put the files in the library.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 01:47:53 pm »

Can you paste here the full path to one of the files? It may be a problem with long paths or an unsupported character.

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 09:31:59 pm »

Path is the same as the other 66,000 files.  K:/music.  Have tried pretty much everything and nothing works.  It seems to be an issue with trying to import files that have been previously deleted (that has been unchecked).  Fortunately, it only involved about 20 CD’s, so I just deleted them from the main MUSIC file (sub folder of the artist) and re-ripped them.  I am just worried about files that I may not yet know are not imported. 

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 12:53:19 am »

I meant the full path with all subfolders and filename of one of the failing files, not just the top folder.
Also, which MC version do you have? There are known issues with some old versions and some long paths. Full version number, not just "27" please.

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2021, 12:03:56 pm »

Full path for one of the songs that would not import

K:\Music\Dylan, Bob\1970 (Disc 1)\Dylan, Bob - I Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound (March 3, 1970).flac

I have since just re-ripped the original CD's and everything is fine.

I am on the most recent version of MC 27.0.85 64 bit

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2021, 04:11:54 pm »

Thanks. Looks normal to me, so the issue was likely something else - perhaps the previous files were really corrupt.

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2021, 07:03:07 pm »

Original files were not corrupt.  They played just fine if they were asked to open using Media Center

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 08:52:01 pm »

There is a setting where MC ignores importing files that were previously deleted, in the "Configure Auto Import" section of the Library options. Search for "Ignore Files previously removed from the Library".

So if you have tried to import before and for whatever reason deleted them then tried to re-import them you could be striking that setting?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2021, 09:08:59 pm »

As I mentioned in one of my original posts, that has been unchecked.  (I have been using Media Center for over 20 years, so this isn’t my first rodeo).  It is an issue somewhere in the program. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 06:42:21 am »

Is it possible that they were imported but are not in the location you expect?  Try searching or one.  Search other media types (Video, etc.)

Are they ordinary stereo FLAC files? 

martyk

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 08:18:43 am »

I have looked everywhere.  Not there.  Yes, normal FLAC files.  I guess we will never know, since I have now re-ripped all the problem CD’s and everything shows up as normal
Pages: [1]   Go Up