INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Spotlight  (Read 28115 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: Spotlight
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2022, 05:40:48 pm »

Spotlight should show albums in your library and let you play them.  It's possible the cover art isn't right though.

Spotlight does not show the albums unless they are found by the external search.  It does NOT search your library for matches that are not found in that search.  So, if an album is not found by the external search but does appear in your library, then it is not listed.

The logic seems to be to do the external search and then check the found albums to see if they are in the library.  But it does not look in the library for albums it does not find in the external search.

That means my old Patchouli example never shows any albums, even though are many in my library.

And, yes, it does not use the cover art from the library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2022, 05:52:09 pm »

What do you mean by "external search"?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2022, 06:01:02 pm »

Splotlight gets its Album list by searching some place(s) on the Internet.  That is what I am calling the "external" search.  It comes back with a list of albums and displays them. It then checks those album names against the library and marks the albums that are in the library. However, albums that are not returned by the Internet search but are in the library are not displayed.

Here are screenshoots of the Patchouli albums in my library. But Spotlight shows no Albums.

What I am asking for is to have Spotlight include albums that are in the library but are not found by the Internet search.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Spotlight Issue in 29.0.67
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2022, 02:51:39 pm »

29.0.66 (6/27/2022)

1. NEW: Add SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_SPOTLIGHT (13) to MCC_THEATER_VIEW which shows the Spotlight page for the currently playing file.

Thanks for adding this feature!

It works great for movies and any TV series where the [Series] field matches TMDB.

I append the year the series started in parentheses to differentiate series with the same series name, but different starting years.

For example, I rename The Witcher as The Witcher (2019), because TMDB also has a series named The Witcher that started in 2002.

Spotlight seems to looking up it's info based on the [Series] field and not using the [TheMovieDB Series ID].

This results in Spotlight producing no results for this series. See attachment.

Am I correct in my analysis? Can this be fixed?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Spotlight Issue in 29.0.67
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2022, 09:16:40 am »

Am I correct in my analysis? Can this be fixed?

Yes, you are correct.  This seems like a rare case.  Do you append the year for all of your tv series?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2022, 12:40:48 pm »

Build 69 will use local cover art for albums in your library and will add library albums that were not found/matched from the internet.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2022, 01:19:46 pm »

Do the arrow keys work all the time to navigate Spotlight in Theater view?
I try to navigate Spotlight for my movies but as soon as I hit the down arrow key and leave the top navigation (HOME BACK SPOTLIGHT) the arrow keys do not work for some movies.
It does work for some (most) movies but not all movies and I don't see a pattern why.

I'm using 29.0.65
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2022, 01:45:34 pm »

Do the arrow keys work all the time to navigate Spotlight in Theater view?

They should.  If there is a movie that it is not working on, please post the name.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2022, 02:27:55 pm »

These movies do not work:
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Sorcerer from 1977
(Both in MKV)

These also do not work with spotlight in standard view.

I must say, when I tested a lot of other movies, these two were the only ones that did not work in Spotlight.
I wonder if I should  re-import these two?

I'm ripping the Dr Strange movie again to see if that takes care of the Spotlight problem.
Nope,  same result with a newly ripped Dr Strange.
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2022, 04:44:37 pm »

I only append the year for series with duplicate titles in TMDB. My best estimate is about 10% of my TV shows have the year appended.

Using [TheMovieDB Series ID] should be a more accurate lookup, since it is unique. If [TheMovieDB Series ID] is missing from MC, Spotlight could fall back to series title?

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2022, 04:33:29 pm »

I scanned this thread and didn't see the request, so sorry if it's a repeat:

I love the Spotlight information but would like to see it as a Now Playing view mode so it could complement the cover/track info and also so it doesn't have to be triggered for each individual track. I realize there will be some layout issues to work through to make the appending part happen. If this isn't a near-term consideration, please add a flag to auto update the Spotlight window when the active track changes so it can be used in lieu of a traditional Now Playing view mode.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2022, 08:34:10 am »

These movies do not work:
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Sorcerer from 1977
(Both in MKV)

Both of these seem to work for me.  I'm not sure what is different.  Non-English language?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2022, 08:43:20 am »

I love the Spotlight information but would like to see it as a Now Playing view mode so it could complement the cover/track info and also so it doesn't have to be triggered for each individual track. I realize there will be some layout issues to work through to make the appending part happen.

This works for the "Simple" track info view but should work for others:

1) Enable Media Network.  Go to Tools | Options | Media Network and check "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA".

2) Add this line to Visualizations\Track Info\Simple\index.html right before </body>:

<iframe src="http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Spotlight/GetPage" style="width:100%; height:100%"></iframe>

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2022, 06:02:32 pm »

1) Enable Media Network.  Go to Tools | Options | Media Network and check "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA".

2) Add this line to Visualizations\Track Info\Simple\index.html right before </body>:

<iframe src="http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Spotlight/GetPage" style="width:100%; height:100%"></iframe>
Thanks for the tip cncb. That worked great, although some of the track info pages are a bit dated-looking.

I spent some time and updated the html on both the Track Info pages and the Spotlight xsl file to lay things out a little better visually, remove large gaps, and move the About section up before the images. Now that I'm done, I would suggest changing the default layout to this order:

For fun, I also modified the Spotlight button icon asset to look like one of those old Klieg lights with Fresnel lenses the used to use at movie premiers:

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2022, 07:39:01 am »

So, I've finally discovered the new Spotlight feature for TV shows and I must say that I like it.

However, it still suffers from a number of bugs:

- Problem: Sometimes the lookup confuses the series.
  Example: The series "Alias" with the TMDB ID 2046  shows the Spotlight for series "Surviving Escobar - Alias JJ" with the TMDB ID 70828.
  Suggested solution: Use TMDB ID if set. Wrong IDs are usually already corrected with or for "Get Movie & TV info". Only use the series name as fallback.
  Synergy: Currently undetected "Recommended TV Shows" that are present in the library could be correctly detected the same way.

- Problem: Episodes with a leading zero (e.g. E01) are not detected by Spotlight and do not receive the green "Play from library" button
                Removing the leading zero fixes the problem after a click on "Update data" at the bottom of Spotlight. However, I still think this should be fixed, as leading zeros in episodes are quite common.
                I haven't tested it, but seasons with leading zeroes might cause issues too.

-Problem: Play Unwatched episodes from libray also does not sort correctly. It seems that leading zeroes might be an issue here too.

-Problem: Single seasons for series that otherwise work flawlessly don't load (looks like elprice7345s image). Updating at the bottom fixes the problem, which happens too often (~20% per series) in my opinion.

-Problem: Missing horizontal scrollbar for the backgrounds at the top.

Wishlist:

- Show green checkmark for seasons and series that are complete in the library and possibly set a completion tag.

- If season 0 (or special) is in library for a series, show in Spotlight.

- "All seasons" selectable in the season list, which shows as many season rows as there are seasons.

- Option to wrap rows (season, cast, recommended) instead of horizontal scroll bar

- Show series and season cover art at the bottom and allow selection (Cover Art -> Get From Internet is slow and inconvenient)

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2022, 02:41:49 am »

Example: The series "Alias" with the TMDB ID 2046  shows the Spotlight for series "Surviving Escobar - Alias JJ" with the TMDB ID 70828.

Idem for me

jondavis

• World Citizen
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2022, 08:56:19 am »

Seeing that you mentioned Youtube I'll post here for now.
I don't think JRiver can do this yet but have not explored it much yet either.
I know if you right click on a Movie or Show you can update the tags.
It would also be nice to right click on one of the lines that has a youtube link associated with it and have it update from the tags from youtube.
You should be able to get.
Artist or Channel
Title
Description
Artist Image
Maybe even a subtype

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2022, 03:35:04 am »

For cleaner UI it would be nice if Spotlight icon located somewhere where it is displayed only once. Currently it will be shown in every splitted view and in both category thumbnail and details panel which at least to my eyes looks a little messy. With one split there can be 4 Spotlight icons shown

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2022, 01:41:19 am »

This worked with quite positive results. I changed the trackinfo background to match the skin. Thanks for the tip, and now, a couple of questions...
  • It's asking for username and password for each session. Is there any way to get it to remember these?
  • Everytime it loads, the Artist has this bright blue border around it, as shown in the attached. What do I need to edit to get rid of that?

-marko

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2022, 08:55:50 am »

For cleaner UI it would be nice if Spotlight icon located somewhere where it is displayed only once. Currently it will be shown in every splitted view and in both category thumbnail and details panel which at least to my eyes looks a little messy. With one split there can be 4 Spotlight icons shown

You can have a different selection in each view, so I don't think there is a good way to change this.  Note that the web links and navigation buttons are also repeated.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2022, 09:00:14 am »

This worked with quite positive results. I changed the trackinfo background to match the skin. Thanks for the tip, and now, a couple of questions...
  • It's asking for username and password for each session. Is there any way to get it to remember these?
  • Everytime it loads, the Artist has this bright blue border around it, as shown in the attached. What do I need to edit to get rid of that?

1) No, it does not maintain cookies so you would have to allow read-only access to "Everyone" if you do not want to input your credentials each session.

2) I will see what I can do about this.  This shows up for keyboard use in Theater View.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2022, 05:55:45 am »

Is there a way of increasing the size only in Spotlight when in theater mode.
It is very difficulty to read the text when using Spotlight in my theater room.

I can press ctrl + scroll wheel to increase the size in Spotlight (covert art and text) without changing the size in rest of theater view.
However, that magnification do not stick when leaving spotlight and when I then go back to spotlight the same original size is there.

A way of increasing the size in all of spotlight in theater mode, cover art and all would be very much appreciated.

ncjay

• Recent member
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2022, 05:35:01 pm »

Could Spotlight return thumbnails/links to pdfs I have stored in Documents?

I have a lot of scanned CD booklets in Documents, and I'm scanning more every day.  When I do a Spotlight search for The Grass Roots, I'd like to be returned a link to Documents/"The Grass Roots - The Complete Original Dunhill-ABC Hit Singles.pdf", along with all the other material it returns.  Is this possible?

If this has already been discussed, apologies.

Thanks
ncjay

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2022, 05:36:13 pm »

No, but try a search for "View Extras".  It may solve your problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2022, 05:36:50 pm »

ncjay

• Recent member
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2022, 12:22:45 pm »

Thanks, Jim.  I guess now I have to decide whether to sort many hundreds of pdf files into the same directories as their related albums.

It seems like this kind of functionality (plus that provided by "view extras") would be a natural for Spotlight - gathering together info from multiple sources (external as well as the local filesystem(s)) for any individual search.

Thanks
ncjay

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2022, 02:48:39 pm »

I may move this to a new thread. Are the files all stored in one place but the names are related to the media file?

ncjay

• Recent member
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2022, 03:14:06 pm »

Yes, they're all in (parent path)/iTunes/iTunes Media/Documents and the individual file names are either [ARTIST] - [ALBUM NAME].pdf or, in the case of Various Artists albums, just [ALBUM NAME].pdf.

The matching album directories are in (parent path)/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/ and are either [ARTIST]/[ARTIST - ALBUM NAME] or, in the case of Various Artists albums, Compilations/[ALBUM NAME]/ .

All are already in my JRiver library, under Documents (the pdfs) and Audio (the albums).

By the way, I made a clean break from iTunes over a year ago.  The directory names are just legacy names :)

Thanks
ncjay

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2022, 09:40:15 am »

Spotlight seems to looking up it's info based on the [Series] field and not using the [TheMovieDB Series ID].

MC 30.0.27 uses the TMDB series ID for lookup if that tag is set.  Note that it still only uses the series name when matching for playback so you could get some extra episodes from a series with the same name.

It now also searches with a leading 0 for season and episode matches (e.g. "1" and "01").

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2022, 09:06:38 pm »

Great news!

I'll test as soon as that version is available.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2022, 12:48:09 pm »

Also changed in MC 30.0.28: the blue focus rectangle is hidden on page load and will not display until keyboard directional keys are pressed.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2022, 01:22:42 pm »

Also changed in MC 30.0.27: the blue focus rectangle is hidden on page load and will not display until keyboard directional keys are pressed.
Nice touch, thank you. Hopefully it doesn't upset anyone too much...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2022, 01:46:04 pm »

Forgot to mention that you will have to clear the caches to see these changes.

DJLegba

« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2022, 06:22:55 pm »

Using MC 29.0.87 when I right-click on the top display and select "Customize Display" there are options for Play Mode (Main) and Play Mode (Alternative). At the bottom of the dialog there is a message that says "NOTE: To change modes, click on the display and pick 'Show Alternate Display Text'." But now clicking on the display just shows a tool tip "Current file (right-click for commands / options, left-click and hold for Spotlight)".

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2022, 12:26:10 pm »

Is there a way of increasing the font size (or the overall size that doesn't affect the overall size in Theater view) in Spotlight.
As it is now, it is very difficult to read the text when sitting far from the screen.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2022, 10:23:41 am »

At the bottom of the dialog there is a message that says "NOTE: To change modes, click on the display and pick 'Show Alternate Display Text'." But now clicking on the display just shows a tool tip "Current file (right-click for commands / options, left-click and hold for Spotlight)".

This will be changed to "right-click on the display and pick...". Thanks for reporting.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2022, 01:09:49 pm »

Is there a way of increasing the font size (or the overall size that doesn't affect the overall size in Theater view) in Spotlight.
As it is now, it is very difficult to read the text when sitting far from the screen.

I'm not sure what you are using to control Theater View, but if you give the browser focus, Ctrl+ keystrokes will zoom in.  This will only be temporary and you will have to do it every time you reload Spotlight.  You can also edit the stylesheet for Spotlight to change the font sizes.  This will be permanent but will apply to Spotlight in Standard View as well.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2022, 10:33:47 pm »

MC 30.0.27 uses the TMDB series ID for lookup if that tag is set.  Note that it still only uses the series name when matching for playback so you could get some extra episodes from a series with the same name.

It now also searches with a leading 0 for season and episode matches (e.g. "1" and "01").

This is working great for me in Standard View, but Spotlight doesn't work for me at all in Theater View.

I click on Spotlight for an episode or movie and I just get the background screen.

Testing with v30.0.30

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2022, 09:07:01 am »

I click on Spotlight for an episode or movie and I just get the background screen.

I noticed this too and looking into it. Thanks.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2022, 01:37:07 pm »

You can also edit the stylesheet for Spotlight to change the font sizes.  This will be permanent but will apply to Spotlight in Standard View as well.

Great cncb,
How do I edit the Spotlight stylesheet?

I can't be the only one that are having trouble reading the text in theater view !?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2022, 03:10:05 am »

I noticed this morning that when a spotlight tab is opened and active (being viewed) the tab text does not change colour on mouse over. The colour is defined in the xml in the ViewHeader section, using the "HotText" value.

Also, could this thread be moved to the MC30 board?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2022, 10:44:23 am »

How do I edit the Spotlight stylesheet?

There are 4 .xsl files in the Data/Default Resources directory.  Copy them first to Data/Custom Resources and edit them there.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2022, 10:50:38 am »

I noticed this morning that when a spotlight tab is opened and active (being viewed) the tab text does not change colour on mouse over. The colour is defined in the xml in the ViewHeader section, using the "HotText" value.

This seems to be by design for all tabs that do not have a drop-down menu (no down arrow).  See Television and Cloudplay tabs.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2022, 07:57:23 pm »

This is working great for me in Standard View, but Spotlight doesn't work for me at all in Theater View.

Testing with v30.0.30

This is fixed for me in v30.0.31. Thanks!

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2022, 06:26:55 am »

This is fixed for me in v30.0.31. Thanks!

It only worked for me once, now it doesn't :'(

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2022, 08:01:15 pm »

I want to use a custom image for Spotlight NoThumbAuido.png which matches the style I use elsewhere in MC 30.  Normally I would do this by simply adding the custom image file to the MC installation directory .../Data/Custom Art.

However in the Spotlight xsl files it appears you point to a web address for this image, rather than the the image available in the installation folder .../Data/Default Art.  In any case, Spotlight does not use my file .../Data/Custom Art/NoThumbAudio.png.

Sorry for the fuss, but can you make it possible to customize this image in the usual way without the end user editing Spotlight xsl files?  You may also want to enable this for individual skins.  Thanks.

MC 30.0.33  Windows 11 (64-bit) 22H2

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2022, 09:31:29 pm »

It should be part of the skin, in my opinion.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2022, 09:07:41 am »

However in the Spotlight xsl files it appears you point to a web address for this image, rather than the the image available in the installation folder .../Data/Default Art.  In any case, Spotlight does not use my file .../Data/Custom Art/NoThumbAudio.png.

It used to use the skin file but when I changed Spotlight to be accessible remotely, I put the file online.  I can look into embedding the skin image. 

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2022, 05:21:56 pm »

It used to use the skin file but when I changed Spotlight to be accessible remotely, I put the file online.  I can look into embedding the skin image. 
I want to use a custom image for Spotlight NoThumbAuido.png which matches the style I use elsewhere in MC 30. 

I am not totally positive about which image is being referred to.  The spotlight "launch" icon in the tab bar next to the links is something you can specify/customize on a per skin basis already.  Just add add a line in the <FRAME> sub-section of the main.xml file and a corresponding custom image in the skin folder (thanks to Marko for explaining that in another thread).

<Entry Name="SpotlightButton"    Bitmap="Spotlight.png"   NumberImages="3"   Scale="2" />

Mark mentions NoThumbAudio.png.  So I think for albums where artwork is not found (on the loaded Spotlight page) he wants MC to allow users to override the hard-coded "missing thumbnail" placeholder image.  That way, he can use his own custom image for consistency with the rest of his new custom icon/image set... right?

Please correct me and/or clarify if I have misunderstood.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2022, 08:38:28 pm »

Mark mentions NoThumbAudio.png.  So I think for albums where artwork is not found (on the loaded Spotlight page) he wants MC to allow users to override the hard-coded "missing thumbnail" placeholder image.  That way, he can use his own custom image for consistency with the rest of his new custom icon/image set... right?
Yes, I want to change the "missing thumbnail" image to a greyed out Segoe Fluent Icon Font EC4F MusicNote for consistency with my other custom icons.  Similar would apply to NoThumbImage.png and NoThumbVideo.png, but I am not sure those two are relevant to Spotlight.  The progression of my customizations can be seen throughout the MC29 thread Skin Icons Discussion.  Here is a link to the post with the "missing thumbnail" image:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133908.msg929841.html#msg929841

I really like the current default Spotlight "launch" icon as is - a simple, non-intrusive, low brightness yellow circle with hover response, which works nicely for me on the dark ThunderStorm skin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up