INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 30 Feature Requests  (Read 22227 times)

SirTom2015

• Recent member
Re: MC 30 Feature Requests
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2022, 05:24:47 pm »

Any chance the ability to hide the file explorer pane/Action window in Standard View might come with Version 30? It is one feature I wish Media center had. Music Bee has this feature and I love it (the feature, not the app) and I wish Media Center would implement it. Allowing the end user a little control over standard view layout couldn't hurt could it? :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2022, 05:29:17 pm »

Click the little arrows.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2022, 09:21:23 pm »

I look back on all the features implemented since I started with version 9, and it's hard to imagine what could be added at this point.  I recall when multichannel WMA audio was first introduced and at that point I was like, "OK, I'm good!"

Here's a niggling one though: I'd like to be able to define a character that identifies the end of a movie/TV title and the start of any in-name metadata, so that media lookup works better for me.  I name my titles "This Movie (UHD HDR ATMOS)" for example.  I would like MC to understand that the actual name of the movie stops at the first open parenthesis. I think it may do that with square brackets...?...but I don't want to go through a mass renaming as I have tens of thousands of files that would be renamed and screw up my backups.

I would get rid of madVR altogether if JRVR could do all the things it can do with 3D movies.  But I'm happy I can use Zones to switch renderers based on metadata...

I would like the tool tray server icon to come back after a Windows Explorer crash.  And I would like changes to the remote server settings to take effect immediately without having to restart the app.

I would love if all the incredible features of EventGhost could be rolled into MC including plug-in compatibility, but I doubt that will ever be a thing.  :D  Today I use EG plugins for JRiver and Philips Hue to automate my room lighting when I pause/play/stop.  As with madVR, what does exist works fine with some tweaking so I can't complain...

I would like an overhaul of the visualizations to make them more...polished?  The scripting is powerful but the output quality just seems dated.  I think it'd be cool to have a visualization that combines aspects of the theater view imagine slideshow with the lyrics and spotlight views in some way.

Thanks for listening!

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2022, 04:55:35 am »

I have already payed for the pre-release of MC30 as I did for the last 15 years or so. Yet there is still an irritation for as long as i am using mc on my phone. Synchronizing is not as robust as it should be. I have about 7,500 songs on my Samsung S20 FE (MicroSD) 80% Flacs and 20% MP3. Every third or fourth time of sync. something goes wrong. MC doesn't see my tracks anymore and wants to copy all my tracks again which will lead to overcapacity. Instead of a new feature, why not concentrate on fixing this problem once and for all. And if you want to have a new feature, why not include wifi sync. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2022, 07:52:44 am »

We fixed a similar problem in MC 30. You could try it when it's released.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2022, 05:42:05 pm »

Is it possible to add grouping and newlines to the Artist view, as requested in this 2018 question?

Library view Album by Artist, new line for each Artist
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=115023.0

I think the second screenshot in that thread -- showing the Album by Artist view from Windows Media Player -- is a nice one.

I could envision doing something similar for, say, Genre.  One could have a given Genre, all the albums that fit that Genre label, then a newline (or some other visual separation) prior to the next Genre, and so on.

Njglas

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2022, 02:16:21 am »

Not sure if this was discussed in the past, but I would like to suggest that instead of going to a zone/dlna device in 'playing now' and having to manually add songs to a DLNA device (or drag them to the device), you can just select the zone/device and then select and play music from your library as when playing from the PC locally.

Similar to what you do (functionally wise) with JRemote.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2022, 02:39:20 am »

Not sure if this was discussed in the past, but I would like to suggest that instead of going to a zone/dlna device in 'playing now' and having to manually add songs to a DLNA device (or drag them to the device), you can just select the zone/device and then select and play music from your library as when playing from the PC locally.

Similar to what you do (functionally wise) with JRemote.
You can do that now by just clicking on the renderer in Playing Now.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2022, 03:12:41 am »

The "media network" view is useful in that it shows the various http requests made live but the grid has no filter capabilities which makes it hard to search for something and the timestamps don't show milliseconds which makes it harder to match particular requests. Adding both features would be useful.

Njglas

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2022, 04:45:34 am »

You can do that now by just clicking on the renderer in Playing Now.

And so we learn. that indeed works great.
On the danger that this might be in MC29, might I then suggest a minor tweak;

When selecting the desired renderer it is made darker, but when going back to the audio section for selecting music, the selected renderer is not highlighted anymore (alle are the same except for a zone that is already playing music; which has the green play icon)

My suggestion would be to make the last selected renderer/player remain highbright (or darker) in contrast to the other players, so that it is obvious to which one you will stream the next selected file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2022, 05:04:06 am »

It's in the display at the top.  You can customize that by right clicking. 

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2022, 08:04:43 am »

Add/Update Tree icons:
  • Currently MC has no category icons - Add monochromatic SVG style font icons to all primary tree categories (Audio, Video, Images, Playlists, Drives and Devices, Cloud Play, Streaming, etc.) 
  • Remove icons for the expanded list below the category item. List items use the exact same icon for a given category, so repeating it does not offer much value
  • If SVG style font icons are not compatible with MC, then at least have the icons behave like they do in the toolbars (icon is semi-transparent to blend seamlessly with the skin, but fills with color when you hover over it).

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2022, 12:20:37 pm »

And then there is the wonderful reward of building something lasting, something of quality.
This. Yes. Thank you for all that you and your team do. It is (to me at least) staggering how you guys manage to keep just about everyone happy. A lot of us have been JRiver customers for very many years, and your team together for many more than that. This speaks volumes. Keep on keeping on, because, if it's keeping the lights on, you're doing it right and you should all be extremely proud of this thing that you created.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2022, 03:52:24 pm »

1. Video slow motion usage - add slow motion to the OSD up/down buttons with IR remotes, and prevent the DSP Tempo dialog from popping up on the screen, and create a MC Core Command + hotkey for slow motion.

2. Client Cover Art -  currently when a NEW tv show gets cover art on the Server, I have to restart MC on all my Clients to get that cover art to show up. And if I change the tv show cover art on the Server, I have to close MC on all my Clients and manually delete the thumbnail folders in windows explorer and then restart MC on all the clients to get the change to show up, then rebuild all thumbnails of course.

3. USERS - method for opening MC clients and remotes (like Panel) as a different "User", other than the user that the Server is currently logged in as. Example: MC running on the Server as View>User>Living Room. I want to open Panel as View>User>Administrator, but it will only open as user "Living Room", no way to choose a different User.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2022, 12:52:19 am »

Thanks, Mark.

greynolds

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2022, 11:20:48 am »

30 is a big number, how about a UX request: Unified views? I spend a lot of time trying to keep my Standard View, Theater View, Media Network, and DLNA views in sync. Sometimes I will add a new view in Standard View and then realize later that it's not available on my remote devices because I forgot to add it to Theater View and/or the Media Network view. It's really annoying!

I can imagine a few different ways to accomplish this (checkbox trees), if there is interest I can (poorly) mock something up.
Some sort of unified views or at least enhancements that allow for easier ways to copy/paste views when a new view that is similar to an existing view is desired would be fantastic.  The catch with unified views is that one might reasonably want Standard, Theater, JRemote, Panel, etc. views to be different to reflect the different use cases and screen sizes / aspect ratios.  But the ability to easily copy/paste among them and designate any given view as available in each of the different areas (that may be where you're going with checkbox trees?) would be great.

greynolds

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2022, 11:22:12 am »

More TV capability in JRemote, including a TV Guide and the ability to create / edit Scheduled Recordings is something I've been hoping to see for a long time.

greynolds

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2022, 11:27:28 am »

Please add a new MCC command where the parameter is the TheaterView tree path you want to jump to.  This would be similar to the existing MCC_THEATER_VIEW command, but with the ability to specify any tree path instead of just a few hard coded paths that will break if the user changes their TheaterView layout.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2022, 01:22:12 pm »

Allow the user to specify a path to which the log is written (when logging is enabled)

This seems a simple change that offers a useful benefit to those running multiple MC instances, it means I can centralise logging and make it easily accessible from another host

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2022, 03:21:47 pm »

Lyrics lookup could use some improvement.  It can fail to find lyrics if the song title contains symbols such as ! or ( ).
Example from Def Leppard Pyromania, "01 - Rock Rock ('Til You Drop)" and "09 - Action! Not Words".

If it behaved like Get Movie & TV Info when looking up a single track things would be easier by allowing us to modify the search parameter first.  Or maybe the lyrics lookup could do a second lookup if the first one fails, but stripping symbols.

Also, some feedback when performing a lyrics lookup would be helpful, such as which tracks failed/succeeded.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2022, 05:34:22 am »

My number one request would be a first class touch experience in standard view. Perhaps take advantage of the new winui frameworks ability to be applied wo win32 apps: winUI

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2022, 05:44:37 am »

My number one request would be a first class touch experience in standard view. Perhaps take advantage of the new winui frameworks ability to be applied wo win32 apps: winUI
I think it would be very difficult to fully support touch in Standard View.  Panel or Theater View with the touchscreen skin would be a better choice.

cmdjoe

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2022, 08:48:31 am »

Short cuts

It would be nice to be able to create shorts to artists, albums, playlists or Smartlists at the top of the tree. I import a lot of CDs and it would be great to just click on a short cut to the Smartlist “Audio – Imported – Imported today” instead of having to drill down the folder hierarchy every time I import a new CD.  I am sure there are others who would like a short to their favorite Album or play list.

Njglas

• Recent member
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2022, 12:43:53 pm »

Hi,

I have a minor request. In theater view, the back button is part of the menu options. Can you make it so that when you press back, it immediately goes one step back, instead of first having it selected and then have to press back again to actually go back.

thanks

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2022, 12:57:07 pm »

I was tempted by MC when the development of the JRVR video renderer was announced, and started using it after purchasing MC 28.

I am using MC exclusively as a video player since then, and the presence of the JRVR and its ability to play BluRays with menu support are the single reasons I use it. This is because I find using MC even just for this too cumbersome and plagued with issues.

I am not interested in it as a music player. Foobar2000 is easier to use, just drag and drop files to its playlist (or select them from the Add files dialog), press play and that's it. ASIO support is the only other thing I want from an audio player, and foobar has that too. While once upon a time I was into organizing stuff into collections and categories, now I just despise myself for the large amount of time wasted on that, as I looked back at one point and asked myself what was the point of it, and I will never be tempted in doing that again.

Unfortunately, the "library manager first, media player second" user interface is also impacting the experience of using MC as a video player in a negative way:

- you double-click a video file in Windows Explorer and want to launch it in MC; great, it works, but when you attempt to close the video player by pressing ESC or Alt+F4 like in any other video player, MC goes to "Standard View" mode instead of closing the video player, so now you have to press Alt+F4 once more;

- you want to easily see what are the files you opened last night so you play some other file in the same folder today: tough luck if you made the mistake to launch MC while the network drive where the files were located is disconnected - MC forgets what files you previously played when you launch it in such a case; while a simple player like MPC keeps all the previous entries visible in the history of its File open dialog no matter whether they are still available on the network or not, a complex player like MC doesn't;

- you want to prevent subtitles from destroying night scenes in movies, especially in HDR where their luminosity is too great, so you go to change the alpha blending value to blend them into the background and make them less visible - there is no such option of changing the alpha blending in MC; unfortunately this is another case where a simple player like MPC can do something which MC can't;

- you want to play m2ts files from inside a BluRay BDMV folder from inside MC - can't do that, MC doesn't even show them; you have to double-click on the m2ts file in Windows Explorer instead;

- you want to use your remote control from the sofa, with MC in the Theater View mode and use the Explorer gadget to browse to a location on your disks where video files are located, and play them:
-- first of all, you notice it takes a long amount of time to enter a folder which has many video files, especially when that folder is on a network location
-- then the folder is entered, and you notice that instead of the file names, you are presented with the "title" metadata of the video files;

So, not only a "File Explorer" interface does not display the file names, but you also pay for all the time needed to parse the files themselves for the title metadata that is shown in the Explorer view, and that's why you're waiting when entering a folder with many video files.

-- still in the file "Explorer" widget of Theater View, you want to see the individual m2ts files inside a BluRay BDMV folder and play them, but you can't as MC hides everything inside the BDMV folder;

-- you want to have an ISO of a BluRay or DVD mounted and play it while resting on your sofa in Theater Mode: the ISO it is mounted, but it's mounted twice, in two different disc drives; every new ISO you try, two more disc drives are created on your Windows OS filled with images; when you are done with MC, you have to manually eject by yourself the countless disc drives created from Windows Explorer; that doesn't make for a great Theater View experience;

Many of these I have already reported in various threads on MC28 and MC29 but there was no interest in doing something about them. Here's hoping that making MC30 easier to use as a video player will be given some effort. Simple operations like these, many for which a simple player like MPC has no issue with, should not be problems for a MC user. The performance as a video player is exceptional, but I find the user experience quite bad.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Multi-output & Airplay 2
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2022, 06:35:27 pm »

Ability to output to multiple audio devices / DACs as well as fully supporting Airplay 2 as an output so I can stream audio to my homepods in multiple rooms all together with the same audio playing out my desktop DAC in sync.

edojan

• Recent member
Make DSP presets remember VST plugin settings
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2022, 05:15:10 pm »

I use vst3 plugins (e.g. FabFilter ProQ3, FabFilter ProL2 and FabFilter ProC2) and would like to see the DSP studio presets remember the vst plugin settings.  Currently the plugin settings can be loaded from the plugin window but they don't seem to work with the DSP presets. This woudl further enhance the usefulness of the track specific DSP feature. 

greynolds

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2022, 05:23:04 pm »

I was tempted by MC when the development of the JRVR video renderer was announced, and started using it after purchasing MC 28.

I am using MC exclusively as a video player since then, and the presence of the JRVR and its ability to play BluRays with menu support are the single reasons I use it. This is because I find using MC even just for this too cumbersome and plagued with issues.

I am not interested in it as a music player. Foobar2000 is easier to use, just drag and drop files to its playlist (or select them from the Add files dialog), press play and that's it. ASIO support is the only other thing I want from an audio player, and foobar has that too. While once upon a time I was into organizing stuff into collections and categories, now I just despise myself for the large amount of time wasted on that, as I looked back at one point and asked myself what was the point of it, and I will never be tempted in doing that again.

Unfortunately, the "library manager first, media player second" user interface is also impacting the experience of using MC as a video player in a negative way:

- you double-click a video file in Windows Explorer and want to launch it in MC; great, it works, but when you attempt to close the video player by pressing ESC or Alt+F4 like in any other video player, MC goes to "Standard View" mode instead of closing the video player, so now you have to press Alt+F4 once more;

- you want to easily see what are the files you opened last night so you play some other file in the same folder today: tough luck if you made the mistake to launch MC while the network drive where the files were located is disconnected - MC forgets what files you previously played when you launch it in such a case; while a simple player like MPC keeps all the previous entries visible in the history of its File open dialog no matter whether they are still available on the network or not, a complex player like MC doesn't;

- you want to prevent subtitles from destroying night scenes in movies, especially in HDR where their luminosity is too great, so you go to change the alpha blending value to blend them into the background and make them less visible - there is no such option of changing the alpha blending in MC; unfortunately this is another case where a simple player like MPC can do something which MC can't;

- you want to play m2ts files from inside a BluRay BDMV folder from inside MC - can't do that, MC doesn't even show them; you have to double-click on the m2ts file in Windows Explorer instead;

- you want to use your remote control from the sofa, with MC in the Theater View mode and use the Explorer gadget to browse to a location on your disks where video files are located, and play them:
-- first of all, you notice it takes a long amount of time to enter a folder which has many video files, especially when that folder is on a network location
-- then the folder is entered, and you notice that instead of the file names, you are presented with the "title" metadata of the video files;

So, not only a "File Explorer" interface does not display the file names, but you also pay for all the time needed to parse the files themselves for the title metadata that is shown in the Explorer view, and that's why you're waiting when entering a folder with many video files.

-- still in the file "Explorer" widget of Theater View, you want to see the individual m2ts files inside a BluRay BDMV folder and play them, but you can't as MC hides everything inside the BDMV folder;

-- you want to have an ISO of a BluRay or DVD mounted and play it while resting on your sofa in Theater Mode: the ISO it is mounted, but it's mounted twice, in two different disc drives; every new ISO you try, two more disc drives are created on your Windows OS filled with images; when you are done with MC, you have to manually eject by yourself the countless disc drives created from Windows Explorer; that doesn't make for a great Theater View experience;

Many of these I have already reported in various threads on MC28 and MC29 but there was no interest in doing something about them. Here's hoping that making MC30 easier to use as a video player will be given some effort. Simple operations like these, many for which a simple player like MPC has no issue with, should not be problems for a MC user. The performance as a video player is exceptional, but I find the user experience quite bad.
As I suspect has been pointed out the other times you have made feature requests, you're using JRiver Media Center in a way that it really wasn't designed / intended and you're really requesting an entirely different product rather than making a feature request.  You really need to either embrace using the media library functionality or look into a different tool for the job as the JRiver folks aren't going to make what would amount to sweeping changes to their product to satisfy your use case as they have a TON of time and effort invested in the product as it is.

edojan

• Recent member
"Play highly rated" in More Play Options
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2022, 05:30:44 pm »

Add to the context menu "More Play Options" a new entry called "Play highly rated". This would then play only the tracks with ratings equal to 5 stars

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2022, 07:26:36 am »

As I suspect has been pointed out the other times you have made feature requests, you're using JRiver Media Center in a way that it really wasn't designed / intended and you're really requesting an entirely different product rather than making a feature request.  You really need to either embrace using the media library functionality or look into a different tool for the job as the JRiver folks aren't going to make what would amount to sweeping changes to their product to satisfy your use case as they have a TON of time and effort invested in the product as it is.

Can you point out what are the issues (besides the bugs) that I raised that are making you add this comment?

Given that you are saying I have to "embrace using the media library functionality", I imagine this is what you took offense at.

Well, both Standard View and Theater View have the file Explorer feature, it's a feature that already exists alongside the media library, does not require the presence of a media library in any way, it already exists so I'm not requiring "sweeping changes to their product to satisfy my use case". This feature has issues, and I raised them.

Using MC as a video player - I would not qualify that as some sort of esoteric use case of mine either. Why does MC have the ability of video playback if it's not supposed to be used as a video player?

Finally, I have an issue with the high ground you are taking here: "look into a different tool for the job". That's very enticing for new users, to see they are treated like what they want doesn't matter. You're going to get lots of new customers this way, I'm sure.

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2022, 08:19:30 am »

A robust "data scraper" tool for audio files, with options to associate scraped data to specific MC fields.

Tagging audio files takes a lot of my spare time and while I enjoy it, an automatic scrapper tool would improve my workflow SO much :)

FYI, I mainly use Rateyourmusic and Discogs DB to tag my files.

And: I would gladly pay an extra annual fee to have this tool enabled in MC  :)

(I understand this might be a lot of work to implement and that most people don't bother tagging files nowadays with streaming and alll...)

jp

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2022, 09:46:16 am »

Check out MCUtils, it's not native to JRiver and is command line driven but is by far the most robust and comprehensive tagger for audio and video files.  "Mr C", the designer is also very collaborative towards providing solutions to whatever tagging issues you might have.  His email is located in the software docs.

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2022, 12:26:30 pm »

Check out MCUtils, it's not native to JRiver and is command line driven but is by far the most robust and comprehensive tagger for audio and video files.  "Mr C", the designer is also very collaborative towards providing solutions to whatever tagging issues you might have.  His email is located in the software docs.

I will check this out!

Gracias!

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2022, 02:20:47 pm »

Not sure if this already exist but could you add diversion to MCC commands

rellimij

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2022, 03:58:47 pm »

Will MC 30 have new "Audio" features?  It seems like most of the new features will be "Video" features.  The reason I purchased JRVR in the first place, was for it's "Audio Capabilities", and since new "Audio" features are slim to none, that's why I haven't upgraded my JRVR software in several years.

Thank you!

greynolds

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2022, 04:08:19 pm »

Can you point out what are the issues (besides the bugs) that I raised that are making you add this comment?

Given that you are saying I have to "embrace using the media library functionality", I imagine this is what you took offense at.

Well, both Standard View and Theater View have the file Explorer feature, it's a feature that already exists alongside the media library, does not require the presence of a media library in any way, it already exists so I'm not requiring "sweeping changes to their product to satisfy my use case". This feature has issues, and I raised them.

Using MC as a video player - I would not qualify that as some sort of esoteric use case of mine either. Why does MC have the ability of video playback if it's not supposed to be used as a video player?

Finally, I have an issue with the high ground you are taking here: "look into a different tool for the job". That's very enticing for new users, to see they are treated like what they want doesn't matter. You're going to get lots of new customers this way, I'm sure.
First of all, I am not a JRiver employee, so my comments shouldn't be interpreted as anything along the lines of official direction.  Second, I certainly didn't take offense to anything you were asking about.  I was just providing what I believe to be a realistic response to your request.  File browser functionality and using the product in the way you seem to desire just isn't their focus.  If the way that portion of the product currently works doesn't satisfy your requirements, I just honestly don't see them changing it to satisfy your use case.  Hence the comment about looking into a different tool as I just don't think you're ever going to be happy with this product.  No hostility or malice was intended and sorry if you took my response that way.

audunth

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2022, 04:17:09 pm »

Customisable "Recently Imported" view.  I use "Recently Import" all the time to do some taging.... but I change it to a List, add some columns then tag it up.  These changes seem to stick for a couple of days then revert back to the default (which is irritating). 
Thanks
Nathan

Turn off clear Recently Imported on exit (under General) and always leave at least one file in Recently Imported. It only resets the columns when you empty it.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2022, 11:58:39 am »

I imagine this is both a Media Center and a JRemote ask:

Ability, using JRemote on, e.g., iPhone, to Divert current playback from a Media Center 'server' on a DLNA 'renderer' (Id Pi) to 'This Device' (the same handheld running JRemote) -- using JRemote on the same iPhone to do this.

In other words, Divert 'server' playback from rendering on an Id Pi (a configured Zone visible on the same 'server') to 'This Device' (the iPhone's JRemote, which is NOT* a configured Zone visible on the 'server') {snipped}

You can do this in JRemote already, though it's a bit hidden.
  • swipe left to go to settings. At the bottom left of the settings screen, you'll see the MCs zones. By default, that's the server name /Player
  • click on the zone on the bottom left (I know--it doesn't look like a button) and it will display the full list of defined zones, as well as a "this device" zone
  • click the "this device" text and you will route the output from the server to your iPhone

yaddo

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2022, 12:15:05 pm »

This is a long shot as I'm sure it would be too messy to implement, but I'll try:

An integrated Volume viewer, much like Virtual Volume View http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

Meaning a way to show offline media with the associated volume where the media is stored, which will play when the user inserts the associated disc/drive.

Imagine for example I have ripped my DVDs on one external drive with volume name A and my Blu-rays on another drive with volume name B.

The software would remember all my rips in a single list with metadata with the associated volume name, and when the user chooses to play a Blu-ray from the list, the software would ask the user to insert volume B and then play the rip.

ppataki

• World Citizen
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2022, 12:47:36 pm »

+1 on this one - be able to import REW filters into PEQ, I have been waiting for that for ages

Inside DSP studio's Parametric Equalizer, PLEASE, please add the ability to import REW generated "generic" peak filters from the exported EQ text file by simply right clicking on any row in the editable window section or by inserting the option in the "Add..." button.

Afterwards, an option window to select which specific channel(s) (e.g. Left, Right, Center, Sub) should also pop up.

----

Of course, I could manually enter each PEQ entry per channel myself. But, if you have like 8 channels' worth of PEQs to enter by hand, it gets exhaustingly old pretty quick.

ppataki

• World Citizen
Re: Multi-output & Airplay 2
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2022, 12:51:04 pm »

+1 on being able to route channels to different audio devices
i.e. fronts to device 1 and rears to device 2

Ability to output to multiple audio devices / DACs as well as fully supporting Airplay 2 as an output so I can stream audio to my homepods in multiple rooms all together with the same audio playing out my desktop DAC in sync.

greynolds

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »

This is a long shot as I'm sure it would be too messy to implement, but I'll try:

An integrated Volume viewer, much like Virtual Volume View http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

Meaning a way to show offline media with the associated volume where the media is stored, which will play when the user inserts the associated disc/drive.

Imagine for example I have ripped my DVDs on one external drive with volume name A and my Blu-rays on another drive with volume name B.

The software would remember all my rips in a single list with metadata with the associated volume name, and when the user chooses to play a Blu-ray from the list, the software would ask the user to insert volume B and then play the rip.
This sort of sounds like an extension of the option that can be turned on/off for each configured file import location that gives the ability to have Media Center automatically remove missing files from the database, but obviously only for when the feature is turned off.  So they presumably have some of the framework for what you're requesting in place already.

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2022, 08:24:46 am »

First, not being an advanced user, these features may be there already.  So, forgive me if they are.

1) The ability to FIND within a FIND - in other words to Drill Down in a search.  So, let's say I find all my 1960's albums and now I want to find the version of a song done in the sixties, so the search is restricted to the previous search results.

2) A FIND similar - so if I bring up a find and make a selection, let's say an artist, I could do a FIND for similar artists based upon the original search.

3) ANALYZE DATABASE - and recommend other artists from the web, music services, etc.  In other words, determine my musical taste from my collection and make recommendations.

4) The ability to SORT based on a FIND.  So, for example FIND all the albums by Pink Floyd and now sort them by Name, Date, Etc, - AFTER THE FIND.  This should be easy from a UI standpoint.

5) Possibly a Separate Product - a REPORT GENERATOR.  I would love to be able to run and print reports from my collection.  There used to be a GREAT application called MY MOVIES which had one of the best built-in report generators.  I would print out a report of all of my films and put them in a binder so guests could easily browse and pick out what they wanted to see.  Saved a lot of time.

That's it.  I hope you find this at all helpful. 

Thanks for the AMAZING PROGRAM.  You have a customer for LIFE!

yaddo

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2022, 10:48:33 am »

This sort of sounds like an extension of the option that can be turned on/off for each configured file import location that gives the ability to have Media Center automatically remove missing files from the database, but obviously only for when the feature is turned off.  So they presumably have some of the framework for what you're requesting in place already.
Yes, there's something similar already in place. What I'm asking for is for the library to record the volume name of a disk, recognizing it when plugged in and to automatically assign the (inevitably) new drive letter.
I'm sure I'm not alone in having the same setup: physical media takes a lot of space and you'll quickly run out of space on a NAS if you rip an extensive Blu-ray/UHD collection. USB storage is the most convenient option, I just wish I didn't have to use Virtual Volume View every time I need to know which file is on which disk.

greynolds

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2022, 10:55:12 am »

Yes, there's something similar already in place. What I'm asking for is for the library to record the volume name of a disk, recognizing it when plugged in and to automatically assign the (inevitably) new drive letter.
I'm sure I'm not alone in having the same setup: physical media takes a lot of space and you'll quickly run out of space on a NAS if you rip an extensive Blu-ray/UHD collection. USB storage is the most convenient option, I just wish I didn't have to use Virtual Volume View every time I need to know which file is on which disk.
Yeah, what you're asking for is sort of the opposite of what they already have in place :).  But that means that some of the framework for what you're looking for is already there.

SirTom2015

• Recent member
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2022, 05:40:28 pm »

Click the little arrows.

Thanks. I feel about as foolish as one can get. I've been with JRiver using Media Center since version 20 and I have never noticed those tiny arrows. Thanks again for your helpful response

I'll go back to wearing my Jester's hat now, and play the part of a fool. Albeit, a happy fool who can hide the explorer pane! :)

Dmiao961224

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2022, 06:47:42 am »

If possible, please update jriver's mobile app to adapt to new ios devices. I really hope to use my tablet or mobile phone to reduce the occupancy of jriver's computer screen when listening to music, but none of them can adapt to my device. resolution, such as ipadmini6 and iphone12mini, and the interface of the web version is not so easy to use, 30 is a major version update, hoping to make its experience more perfect.

audunth

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2022, 08:09:23 am »

Please make the click on the screen to play/pause optional. I sometimes click on screen to give MC focus and it is somewhat annoying that it pauses the video playback.

f.lux integration would also be very useful. For example automatic Movie Mode or disable when playing video.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2022, 01:16:38 pm »

Please make the click on the screen to play/pause optional. I sometimes click on screen to give MC focus and it is somewhat annoying that it pauses the video playback.

There is already an option for this check Video -> Advanced
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

audunth

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2022, 06:03:02 pm »

Thanks, Hendrik! I was looking for it under General - Behaviour, where "Disable skipping with mouse wheel" is. I never thought it could be anywhere else, since those two functions are so closely related.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up