INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuild playlist after moving database?  (Read 232 times)

rogueblue

• World Citizen
Rebuild playlist after moving database?
« on: November 21, 2022, 01:38:31 am »

Hi

I had to move the whole location of my video collection, so had to re-import and rebuild thumbnails etc...

All the bookmarks I made DOES still work, which I'm thankful for .... However, the playlists I created and saved are now empty ... is there any way to get the videos linked to the playlists back in or do I have to start all over manually?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rebuild playlist after moving database?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 06:32:00 am »

There was no need to re-import/rebuild. The better way is to just tell MC that the location has changed. To recover the playlists you should do this:
- make an MC backup as it is now (just to revert in case of problems)
- restore an MC backup made before you moved the files
- follow part 2. of this FAQ to update the location of all files:
  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,99891.msg692201.html#msg692201

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 06:39:04 am »

Hi

Actually, that's what I did do ... I just changed the location ... But when I created a new "view" with the new location, all the thumbnails were missing and had to be rebuilt.
I admit I did not import the last backup before changing location, as I thought the backup would included the old location ... is that not the case?
All the thumbnails have been rebuilt now and the bookmarks still match, but again the playlists are now empty.
Should I create a backup now and then reload old backup before changing the location ... and you think that'll be fine with new location and also restore the previous playlists?

PS after reading your link post, I see I updated location differently .... I went to auto-impot and changed location there, as well as obviously changing it in the "custom view" "category" scheme

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 07:02:59 am »

Should I create a backup now and then reload old backup before changing the location ... and you think that'll be fine with new location and also restore the previous playlists?

PS after reading your link post, I see I updated location differently .... I went to auto-impot and changed location there, as well as obviously changing it in the "custom view" "category" scheme

Yes, just restore an old backup and follow the FAQ. Only change the AutoImport locations to the new path after doing the FAQ steps, that's the last thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up