INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with remote  (Read 725 times)

Bossman553

Help with remote
« on: February 18, 2023, 06:28:58 pm »

Hello looking for some help with a remote ( very new to JRiver). I have an HTPC running Madvr on it with JRiver. I'm looking for a remote that I can control playback with, like play pause and back to the theater view. I tried the JRiver one, but that looks to be more for streaming. I'm looking for something to control what is being played on my projector.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with remote
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 06:50:30 pm »

Software or hardware?

The wiki has a topic on Remotes.

Bossman553

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 07:24:38 pm »

Either will work I do run home assistant. 

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 02:55:25 am »

HA should find it as a dlna server once you turn media network on so that is one option, otherwise you'd have to write some custom integration that uses mcws

Bossman553

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 01:46:17 pm »

How about if I just wanted an IR remote and use my broad link to control the PC?

S. Pupp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 05:25:42 pm »

How about if I just wanted an IR remote and use my broad link to control the PC?

I use a FLIRC USB remote receiver and a Universal Remotes MX500.  The FLIRC converts remote signals to keyboard presses.  I can do everything I need to do regarding playback, selection, etc, as well as go into and out of theater view this way.  Programming a FLIRC is easy - just choose keyboard as the template in the FLIRC software, then press the key you want to use (example, ctl-4 for theater view) and press the remote button you want to use for that key.  The programming stays in the FLIRC, which can be moved to whatever computer you are using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up