INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO 3D playback working well except for ISOs that contain both 2D & 3D versions  (Read 874 times)

Wikinaut

• Recent member

I've been enjoying 3D ISOs in JRiver for the past year. It works flawlessly on almost all ISOs, except for some. For those that don't work, JRiver selects the 2D stream instead of the 3D one. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to select the other stream that contains the frame-packed 3D movie.

The titles that I have an issue with seem to all have the following characteristics:
  • The ISO disc contains both the 2D and 3D version of the movie. Dedicated 3D discs work perfectly.
  • I can't seem to open the Blu-Ray menu. When loading the original disc in a Blu-Ray player, I can select the 2D or 3D version for playback from the menu. However, I cannot do that for these ISOs. When attempting to show the menu, it just starts playing the movie over from the beginning.

I've been searching this forum and other places, but all posts I have found deal with either hardware or display issues. In my case, it's all working fine except for a handful of ISOs.

Is there a way to specify in the sidecar XML file what is the correct presentation of the disc? I don't need to ever access the 2D version when a 3D version is present.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Is there a way to specify in the sidecar XML file what is the correct presentation of the disc? I don't need to ever access the 2D version when a 3D version is present.
Thanks for the suggestion.  We'll consider it.

Wikinaut

• Recent member

In the meantime, is there a workaround for this? Happy to try it out.

Hendrik

• Administrator

The disc probably has separate titles for 2D and 3D. You can select which title is playing during playback in the right click context menu, there is a Title option. It should also remember which title you selected.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Wikinaut

• Recent member

Therein seems to lie the rub. The Title Menu doesn't show an alternative stream (see attached screenshot). I have no idea how these discs work in practice, but the Oppo is able to play the 3D version. Maybe it's a different view angle? Is that still a thing? I've never seen a movie that actually used it. Just guessing how this contains both versions, but only one shows up.

Hendrik

• Administrator

A different title is the only way MC knows to select different things. So we can't add an option if it doesn't even know where it would be.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Wikinaut

• Recent member

I hear you. I'm very confused about it as well. Something seems to be missing in how the ISO is read, because the exact same ISO (same source file) works in the Oppo, but in JRiver that track/stream/whatever is completely absent.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Can you name a few discs with this problem? Maybe I can try to figure out whats going on with them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

eve

Can you name a few discs with this problem? Maybe I can try to figure out whats going on with them.

Would love a list of these discs too as I'm curious.

Wikinaut

• Recent member

I'm away on vacation, but will compile a list when I get back. Off the top of my head, titles with this issue are "Nurse 3D" and "The Queen's Corgi 3D".
Pages: [1]   Go Up