INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center and Hauppage Colossus 2 HD Video Recorder Card  (Read 761 times)

Tucker76

• Recent member

My JRiver / Ceton InfiniTV card with Cable Card had been working great for several years. My cable provider has discontinued support of cable cards. In an effort to maintain the ability to watch and record encrypted TV channels on my Windows 10/11 PC, I purchased a Hauppauge TV Colossus 2 video recorder card. It comes with WinTV 10 software and an IR blaster to manage an Arris Set Top Box. Watching live TV is fine, but scheduling and recording future programs is iffy at best.

I have tried to use the JRiver Media Center with the Hauppauge hardware but have not been able to watch live TV, let alone schedule a recording successfully. Has anyone had success in get the software and hardware to work together?

During the setup process MC tries to set up the IR Blaster, but none of the IR Blaster options I'm offered work. When trying to watch live TV with the Set Top Box being controlled by the remote, I get a MC message; "No TV Tuner Available".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Media Center and Hauppage Colossus 2 HD Video Recorder Card
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 01:02:15 am »

Please do a Google search for "JRiver" + Hauppauge Colossus 

You will find many posts here.

Tucker76

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center and Hauppage Colossus 2 HD Video Recorder Card
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 05:14:07 pm »

Thanks, Jim. I did manage to get MC to play live TV through the Hauppauge Colossus 2 TV Tuner. I still haven't found a solution to setting up the IR Blaster that came with the Colossus 2 card, and this really hampers my scheduling and recording programs via MC. WinTV 10 is not any better in this aspect either. 

When I attempt to set up JRiver MC to operate the IR Blaster in TV Setup, there is no Hauppauge IR Blaster entry to select in the drop down. If I select the USB-UUIRT entry, I get the message that it "Failed to Start". Trying to teach JRiver MC using the STB remote and the blaster receiver does not work. I have run the IRBlaster.cfg program and configuring the blaster for WinTV works as designed. Could I be missing a driver, or does JRiver MC rel 29 not support the new Hauppauge Colossus 2 card?
Pages: [1]   Go Up