INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzer in DSP studio is jerky  (Read 486 times)

winnebago

• Recent member
Analyzer in DSP studio is jerky
« on: May 10, 2023, 03:31:08 pm »

Just like the title says. DSP Studio Analyzer tab. It's been smooth before but at some time the display became jerky and it has stayed that way. I don't think it's Windows as I have recently rebuilt my PC with a complete new OS loadout. The behavior persisted across the rebuild. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Analyzer in DSP studio is jerky
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 07:07:56 pm »

at some time the display became jerky and it has stayed that way. I don't think it's Windows as I have recently rebuilt my PC with a complete new OS loadout
If you are only recently noticing the jerkiness, and you recently rebuilt your PC… well... Seems possible the two might be related.  I guess I'll play the role of JimH here... antivirus?

(that one's just for you B.  ;D)

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 07:13:14 pm »

Sorry. I didn't explain very well. I meant that the problem persisted across the rebuild. All drivers are up-to-date. AV properly throttled for MC30. I'm a retired IT guy so I know more than the average user. I had hoped the rebuild would fix it. Alas, no. It's still herky jerky.

Let me say thank you, too. I appreciate you calling my mistake so we can communicate better.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 07:30:50 pm »

I understand now.  I was being somewhat facetious with the "antivirus?" suggestion anyway - that is prescribed as a possible culprit far top often in my opinion.

I personally am not experiencing a "jerky" analyzer.  That said, if I enable the checkbox for "high resolution" in the upper right of the analyzer window, the display is not as super-smooth, but I would not describe it as jerky either. 

If you still happen to have MC's auto backups from before your recent rebuild, you could try restoring just the settings from a time where you think it was still operating correctly.  I have suggested this approach to many users for a myriad of "I never had this problem until I updated to the latest MC" type problems, and the success rate has been 100% to date.  That said, I have no idea what setting might affect the analyzer specifically… Some of the buffering settings maybe?

Either way, it is a fairly simple and painless to restore settings from old backups, and you never know, one of them just might do the trick.

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 08:06:55 pm »

Here's a 10 second clip on my Onedrive. It shows the jerkiness pretty well. If I turn off high resolution it gets just a little better but the jerkiness is still there.

I will try restoring settings. I think I still have the backup prior to rebuild. It's been a couple of months and my memory is fuzzy. Definitely worth a try.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar2KTzQ1DZJozsNtoXPRl9yPgB42fA?e=aEuR62

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 08:10:16 pm »

Oh yeah... that is pretty bad.  Crossing my fingers the settings restore works for you.

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 08:59:30 pm »

No dice. Restore was 6 months old.

I have a theory.

I have 2 displays. One is a 55 inch Samsung 4k TV and the other is a Samsung 27 inch computer display at 1440p. I think the different resolutions and different UI scales is causing a slowdown. I will try unplugging the HDMI from the TV later tonight and see what happens.

I love MC. Seriously. It's my killer app along with my killer amp and headphones. If I have to survive with a clicky spectrum analyzer because Windows, oh well. C'est la vie.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 09:06:01 pm »

Oh man… You broke my perfect record on settings restore fixing problems!

Maybe just unplugging and plugging your HDMI cables might resolve it as well.  If that doesn't work, I bet this problem resolves itself on its own at some point, but we'll never know what fixed it.  Good luck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 12:33:57 am »

I understand now.  I was being somewhat facetious with the "antivirus?" suggestion anyway - that is prescribed as a possible culprit far top often in my opinion.
It helps to rule out antivirus in cases where the solution isn't obvious.  It definitely slows down file access, especially if not configured correctly. 

Read this:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86096.msg588759#msg588759

And ... take a close look at the last one on page 2.

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 04:28:27 pm »

Will do, Jim. Appreciate you chiming in. Hope you are well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up