INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.40  (Read 2890 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.40
« on: August 10, 2023, 10:24:54 am »

New in this build (from 3.37):

Diversion added
Sleep timer added
Sleep timer extended to work in remote zones without JRemote being active after setting the timer.

Fixes in this build (from 3.37):

Fixed Launch screen logo
Fixed tabs in Add to Playing now dialog (iOS13 and newer)
Fixed hard to read dialog labels (iOS13 and newer)

amsco15

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.40
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 01:25:09 pm »

"Fixed tabs in Add to Playing now dialog"

Thank you! 

Edit:  Just checked through remote access and it works as it always has (with the exception of previous build).  Awesome!

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 03:47:02 am »

Wake-On-LAN functionality still does not work. Broken since version 3.37.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 11:32:22 am »

Just got a new car and tried out CarPlay with 3.37 and it work decently. Then upgraded to 3.40 just now and now JRemote on my iPhone 13 (latest iOS) crashes a second or two after loading JRemote in CarPlay. CarPlay says 'Loading..." then the iPhone app a second or 2 later crashes and won't reopen until I pick another app or screen in CarPlay. Then reloading the JRemote app on the iPhone works and connects to my server, then loading JRemote on CarPlay crashes the iPhone app again.

Happy to Beta test in the future to figure out the issue.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 04:10:56 pm »

Just got a new car and tried out CarPlay with 3.37 and it work decently. Then upgraded to 3.40 just now and now JRemote on my iPhone 13 (latest iOS) crashes a second or two after loading JRemote in CarPlay. CarPlay says 'Loading..." then the iPhone app a second or 2 later crashes and won't reopen until I pick another app or screen in CarPlay. Then reloading the JRemote app on the iPhone works and connects to my server, then loading JRemote on CarPlay crashes the iPhone app again.

Happy to Beta test in the future to figure out the issue.
I'd like to get some more reports on this. Between 3.37 and 3.40 nothing in the CarPlay area should have changed.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 09:39:02 pm »

Wake-On-LAN functionality still does not work. Broken since version 3.37.
Looks like a iOS change broke it. Working on getting the new entitlement.
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/673062

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 04:20:00 am »

New issue: JRemote 3.40 (on my ipad) will crash instantly when my Sonos Era 100 is selected as playing zone. This worked with 3.37.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2023, 04:27:57 am »

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023, 07:57:25 am »

Take a look at Bob's post here:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136698.msg947975.html#msg947975

Not the same - JRemote 3.40 crashes when starting with remote "Sonos Era 100" zone, but also when switching from "This device" zone (IPad) or other zones to remote "Sonos Era 100" zone. And again, this all worked with 3.37 ...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2023, 09:17:29 am »

Not the same - JRemote 3.40 crashes when starting with remote "Sonos Era 100" zone, but also when switching from "This device" zone (IPad) or other zones to remote "Sonos Era 100" zone. And again, this all worked with 3.37 ...
Quick test on my iPad changing to a Sonos zone works fine.

Need more details:
Hardware version of iPad?
Version of iOS on iPad?
Connecting to what version of MC on what platform?

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2023, 09:56:48 am »

Quick test on my iPad changing to a Sonos zone works fine.

Need more details:
Hardware version of iPad?
Version of iOS on iPad?
Connecting to what version of MC on what platform?

This now works again after toggling "App follows server zone changes" setting (on/off).

Here are my details: IPad Air (3rd generation), IPad IOS 16.6 connecting to MC 27.0.37 on Windows 10 Pro

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2023, 10:04:42 am »

This now works again after toggling "App follows server zone changes" setting (on/off).

Here are my details: IPad Air (3rd generation), IPad IOS 16.6 connecting to MC 27.0.37 on Windows 10 Pro
Thanks.
If you turn "App follows server zone changes" back on does it crash again?

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2023, 10:38:23 pm »

Hello bob,

Thanks for the update! Finally a dark logo with the dark theme! Great fix!

Unfortunately, there is a problem when I select an album, with the play all option selected, and I start to tap the songs.

If I tap a song that I already tapped(within the same album) it will show it like it will play it now, but it does not play and keeps playing the previous song! I noticed it since version 3.33, and the problem is still happening on this 3.40 version. It could be the JRiver version, I noticed when it was on MC26 and the last one I tested was MC29.

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2023, 04:52:38 pm »

Thanks.
If you turn "App follows server zone changes" back on does it crash again?
Nope - it's stable either way. "App follows server zone changes" = off was/is my default setting for JRemote, as MC does not use the "Sonos Era 100" zone; "App follows server zone changes" = on thus temporarily disabled the Sonos zone for JRemote. Maybe that did the trick ...

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2023, 07:12:43 pm »

So I spent yesterday and today troubleshooting JRemote 3.40 crashing when clicking a movie.  Would play music perfectly and I didn't notive anything else not working.

While spamming my movies trying to get one to start, finally one movie actually started.  I was shocked.  So I looked up that movie in my library and noticed it was in KMV format.  I then looked at one that didn't work and it was in ISO format.  So sure enough, I tested several KMV file movies and several ISO file movies and all KMV movies work perfectly and any ISO file I touch crashes JRemote.

I wonder if this is what's happening to some of you as well?

I am running Windows 10 fully patched, JRiver 29.0.91.  I am running JRemote 3.40 on my IPad 5th gen (MP282LL/A) on IOS 15.6.1.  Works perfectly now.  It also works on my iPhone which is running all of the latest IOS updates.

Is there no support for JRemote to play an ISO file from JRiver when you tell it to convert the file to an appropriate format that my IPad can read?  I want to start streaming from this machine remotely over the internet (just put in 1.2GB internet in my home yesterday to do this) and make sure I am using the best settings I can.

Lastly, what's the command or how can I see on JRemote the settings my movie is playing at?

Thanks,

Christopher
Windows 10 Enterprise on Samsung SSD
16GB RAM
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHZ)
GeForce NVIDA 1650 SUPER 4GB Video Card
Seagate EXOS 16TB Enterprise Drive for Movies
Pioneer Internal Blu Ray Burner/Drive
Exasound e28 DAC / ASIO Soundcard

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 01:49:44 am »

I am thinking from reading in the forums that the issue is that there’s no support for ISO format in this scenario.  Maybe I need to just convert the rest of my library to MKV files and be done with it.
16GB RAM

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2023, 08:29:48 am »

I am thinking from reading in the forums that the issue is that there’s no support for ISO format in this scenario.  Maybe I need to just convert the rest of my library to MKV files and be done with it.
That's correct.

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2023, 07:09:57 am »

How about seeing exactly what the current stream quality is of my movie on the iPad as it’s being streamed from my DLNA server?  Any way I can see exactly what resolution and video is being streamed/seen and also what audio I am hearing at that moment it’s rendering it to me on the iPad?

Thanks!
16GB RAM

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 12:45:20 pm »

Hello bob,

I'm not sure if you read my last post, but could you please check if you can reproduce the bug I reported? Here is my last post:

Hello bob,

Thanks for the update! Finally a dark logo with the dark theme! Great fix!

Unfortunately, there is a problem when I select an album, with the play all option selected, and I start to tap the songs.

If I tap a song that I already tapped(within the same album) it will show it like it will play it now, but it does not play and keeps playing the previous song! I noticed it since version 3.33, and the problem is still happening on this 3.40 version. It could be the JRiver version, I noticed when it was on MC26 and the last one I tested was MC29.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2023, 02:16:29 pm »

If I tap a song that I already tapped(within the same album) it will show it like it will play it now, but it does not play and keeps playing the previous song!

I've noticed the same behavior for a while as well.  I'm currently on MC 31.0.46 and JRemote 3.41 (437). 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 08:53:45 am »

I've noticed the same behavior for a while as well.  I'm currently on MC 31.0.46 and JRemote 3.41 (437).
Not for me.
What zone are you playing to?

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2023, 10:03:46 am »

What zone are you playing to?

Just to a (hard-wired) DLNA renderer running a recent Kodi.  Until the post from nickba, I thought that perhaps this was just a hiccup regarding movement within the existing playlist (where the playlist was created just by selecting the whole album for playback), picking a track that was already scheduled to be played.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2023, 07:18:15 pm »

Just to a (hard-wired) DLNA renderer running a recent Kodi.  Until the post from nickba, I thought that perhaps this was just a hiccup regarding movement within the existing playlist (where the playlist was created just by selecting the whole album for playback), picking a track that was already scheduled to be played.
Try disabling setnext support for that zone on the server.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2023, 08:26:31 pm »

Try disabling setnext support for that zone on the server.

I can get the problem (not that it's really much of a problem) to occur without or without SetNext enabled and with or without Ignore Transport Events enabled.

Getting the issue to reproduce doesn't occur immediately.  My attempts at triggering it this evening were most successful starting album playback at Track 1, then jumping ahead (say to Track 7) and then trying to start playback of an earlier track (say, Track 3).   Basically, jumping back and forth several times seems to be required and, once triggered, multiple attempts at getting an earlier track to start then end up ignored.  The notification message at the bottom of JRemote says that "All tracks will now play, starting with [selection]", but the in-progress track just stays playing. 

The issue is also transient.  Given enough time (far larger than the interval involved with SetNext, I think), the skip does eventually work.

Hopefully nickba will chime in with observations as well.  That post also noted the same "skip backwards" hiccup, perhaps more specifically about a Track that already been a selection target?
If I tap a song that I already tapped(within the same album) it will show it like it will play it now, but it does not play and keeps playing the previous song!

BTW, I don't know if the MC architecture would support it or not, but the ability to change DLNA renderer options for a Zone within JRemote would be a nice addition!

Thanks!
  Matt

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2023, 06:08:09 pm »

mattlovell,

It is great so see someone describing the exact same problem, as it is very annoying!
For me it happens on every zone(M-Audio Delta sound card) or even using another PC running JRiver as renderer. You described exactly how to trigger the bug!

bob, please try the steps mattlovell described to check if you can reproduce it.

couchjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2023, 12:17:04 pm »

It's been a very long time since I posted on the JRiver forums, and I came to this section for instructions on deleting an old server from the JRemote list (answered in a post in the previous-version thread about a different issue—thanks!).

For years JRemote development appeared moribund, but some months ago, the main annoyance to my fairly straightforward use of the app suddenly disappeared: The alpha index list on the right side of the thumbnail array view of the library started working correctly! This has changed my life (in a good way). As a visual thinker, I can now instantly spot the album I want via cover art AND jump to the correct section of the 6000+ albums in the library by tapping on the Album tag value's first character in the alpha index. Flywheel scrolling through that many albums used to be just painful.

So this post is mostly a huge thank you from a UX guy for the renewed attention to the app and to solving such a basic problem, about which my earlier pleas went unheeded.

Chapeau!

pkfeldman

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2023, 11:24:18 am »

Bob,

Great job with JRemote 3.4 for iOS (I use both iPad and iPhone versions), but two enhancement requests please -

1. When I select the "Recent" navigation option, it defaults to alphabetical. It should at least default to sorting by newest, and really that should be the only option. It's not meaningful to view a "recent" list sorted alphabetically unless it's filtered in some way, which in my case it's not - it's the whole library. Suggest dropping the "alpha-recent" sliding control and only making it sort by recency. Maybe also make it flippable to oldest-newest.

2. On the iPad, the size of the thumbnails is too big for my taste. Flipped to portrait, the icons change to a more comfortable size. Suggest using the portrait size of thumbnails also when in landscape mode. Also possibly add a slider control to variably set the size of the thumbnails. Tastes are all over the map on this one - my 81-year-old father likes the sizes as is, but I find them too big.

Thank you for considering.

Regards,
Paul

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2023, 11:47:40 am »

Bob,

Great job with JRemote 3.4 for iOS (I use both iPad and iPhone versions), but two enhancement requests please -

1. When I select the "Recent" navigation option, it defaults to alphabetical. It should at least default to sorting by newest, and really that should be the only option. It's not meaningful to view a "recent" list sorted alphabetically unless it's filtered in some way, which in my case it's not - it's the whole library. Suggest dropping the "alpha-recent" sliding control and only making it sort by recency. Maybe also make it flippable to oldest-newest.
I can't duplicate that. The Recent view on my server isn't sorting alpha. Perhaps look at the Gizmo et al view configuration in the MC server Media Network settings.
The alpha jump is of course meaningless. It's just used for every view and there's nothing specific about "Recent" on the server to indicate that to the remote that it's not needed.
2. On the iPad, the size of the thumbnails is too big for my taste. Flipped to portrait, the icons change to a more comfortable size. Suggest using the portrait size of thumbnails also when in landscape mode. Also possibly add a slider control to variably set the size of the thumbnails. Tastes are all over the map on this one - my 81-year-old father likes the sizes as is, but I find them too big.
Pinch in/out changes the sizes.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2023, 03:09:47 am »

I wondered that a 5 star field type (when defined for a custom field) is not shown like that in edit mode on JRemote (although it would be most useful there), it appears as a normal edit field. On the JRiver Windows client on the other hand the 5 star is shown with stars.

Is there any option to make a custom 5 star field appear in JRemote just as it does for rating a track on the play screen in JRemote (which shows it's generally possible to display a 5 star field type in JRemote)?

pkfeldman

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2023, 10:30:36 pm »

I don't know how "gulp" got in my thread but thank you bob, both suggestions worked. In Media Network/Advanced/Customize Views, I edited the "Album" category element and changed Sorting to "Date Imported". Now both UI options in JRemote (alpha, date) display the most recently added albums first. Also the in/out pinching works to adjust album size. Thank you!

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2023, 03:48:15 pm »

Sorry didn’t know it’s your thread, thought it’s the general JRemote thread.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2023, 07:54:59 pm »

Hello again,

bob, did you try the steps mattlovell described to check if you can reproduce it?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 06:28:38 am »

I wondered that a 5 star field type (when defined for a custom field) is not shown like that in edit mode on JRemote (although it would be most useful there), it appears as a normal edit field. On the JRiver Windows client on the other hand the 5 star is shown with stars.

Is there any option to make a custom 5 star field appear in JRemote just as it does for rating a track on the play screen in JRemote (which shows it's generally possible to display a 5 star field type in JRemote)?

@Bob: where can I post this to get an answer? Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023, 09:07:07 am »

Perhaps if we get some time to spend on it.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2023, 05:49:57 pm »

That would be really great if you could enable 5 star field types for custom fields via JRemote…there it makes most sense in my opinion.

By the way…I recognized that via JRemote, the repeat track function isn’t reliable (although it enables it on JRiver, it very often doesn’t work). If I use MConnect instead of JRemote , it always works.

farreln

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2023, 11:46:21 pm »

Family Sharing does not seem to be working with this release. Confirmed the shared appleid was correct. Still looked like there would be a charge. Perhaps this is just how the apple store works.

Norman

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2023, 04:22:38 pm »

Is there another process to write feature requests or is it ok as I placed it here?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2023, 10:11:29 am »

Is there another process to write feature requests or is it ok as I placed it here?
Start a new thread. It will probably get lost otherwise. Make sure to note it's the iOS version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up