Devices > Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod, Airplay

iOS 17 and JRemote Audio Streaming Error

(1/3) > >>

vbphil:
I have iOS 17.0.3 on my iPhone 14 Pro. I hadn't used JRemote in awhile so I'm not sure when this started but when trying to play music from the MC Server on the iPhone I'm getting the Audio Streaming Error message.

I checked this with my older iPhone 7, which is on iOS 15.7.9, and it plays perfectly fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

marko:
I'm on iOS 17.0.3 too, on an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and am not experiencing any issues at all.

This would suggest that it's not an iOS 17 issue.

Did you closely inspect all of the settings in JRemote on the old phone that works with those on the 14 Pro to make certain they're identical?

vbphil:

--- Quote from: marko on October 12, 2023, 12:17:22 pm ---I'm on iOS 17.0.3 too, on an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and am not experiencing any issues at all.

This would suggest that it's not an iOS 17 issue.

Did you closely inspect all of the settings in JRemote on the old phone that works with those on the 14 Pro to make certain they're identical?

--- End quote ---

I just compared the JRemote settings and they are the same. I've tried deletingnd reinstalling JRemote but that did nothing. It's strange because the phone is connecting to the MC server and showing songs, playlists and whatever. It's just when trying to play a song that the error pops up.

If it's not iOS then perhaps a phone setting somewhere. Any ideas on what services are involved to stream a song with JRemote?

vbphil:

--- Quote from: vbphil on October 12, 2023, 09:28:47 am ---I have iOS 17.0.3 on my iPhone 14 Pro. I hadn't used JRemote in awhile so I'm not sure when this started but when trying to play music from the MC Server on the iPhone I'm getting the Audio Streaming Error message.

I checked this with my older iPhone 7, which is on iOS 15.7.9, and it plays perfectly fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

--- End quote ---

I asked the moderator to delete this topic. The problem is not with JRemote but with my song files. They were just volume leveled with a product called Platinum Notes 10 and for some reason Apple does not like it. The songs play everywhere else on different players just not Apple. I'm continuing to investigate.

JimH:
I think we'll keep the topic.  It might be useful to someone else.  Thanks for reporting what you found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version