INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 33.0.30 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 1784 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 33.0.30 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: October 09, 2024, 12:15:13 pm »

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 33.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v33/latest/MediaCenter330030-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v33/latest/MediaCenter330030.exe (works on all systems)

33.0.30 (10/8/2024)

1. NEW: Added a FieldExists expression function.
2. Fixed: If a function was in an expression twice, only the first instance would show a tooltip.
3. NEW: Added [TheMovieDB Movie ID] field, and populate it during movie metadata lookup.
4. NEW: Added [IMDb Series ID] field, and populate it during series metadata lookup.
5. Changed: The focus is no longer set to the search box when opening the tag window so that the spacebar will keep pausing.
6. Changed: For ATSC and DVB tuners, if recording multiple channels on the same tuner, "Show Status" will list all channels being recorded.

33.0.29 (10/3/2024)

1. Changed: Tuned image playback so pan and zoom work better (feedback appreciated).
2. NEW: With bda tuners (ATSC, DVBT/C/S, on Windows), multiple TV channels that are on the same transport stream can be recorded using only one tuner, if recording mode/format is "TS" (transport stream).

33.0.28 (10/1/2024)

1. Fixed: Tabs would not always load properly when starting in server mode.

33.0.27 (9/26/2024)

1. Fixed: The Playing Now Popup could crash.

33.0.26 (9/26/2024)

1. Changed: Added "volume" content type to Playing Now Popup skin which is a volume slider.
2. Changed: Reversed change to try to prevent initial white flashing of the Playing Now Popup because it was causing other flashing problems.

33.0.25 (9/24/2024)

1. Changed: Added optional custom display expression for Playing Now Popup "showtracks" command (see Wiki).
2. Fixed: Disabled Playing Now Popup would not update when the track changes while being displayed manually.
3. NEW: Added a /BackupLibrary command line tool (takes a filename for the zip file).

33.0.24 (9/19/2024)

1. Changed: Tweaked 3-Track Popup skin to avoid content being cut off on Mac.
2. Changed: CUE files no longer process in the Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool because it would break the links.
3. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).

33.0.23 (9/16/2024)

1. Changed: Added new command ("showtracks") for Playing Now Popup images that will popup a list of Playing Now tracks and allow selecting one to play.
2. Changed: Optimized loading of the playback engine so it will not load all the input plugins on first play or import.
3. Changed: Images in Playing Now Popup can be hidden for certain playback states.  Updated Control skin to show pause or play button as appropriate.
4. Fixed: Theater View wouldn't play the selected file when pressing play.
5. Changed: Playing Now Popup skins are now supported in .mjp files.
6. Changed: "Remove Tags" library tool now works with HEIF/HEIC image files.
7. Fixed: Moving the Playing Now Popup could cause a crash if initiated with the context menu shown from a left click.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

markf2748

Re: JRiver Media Center 33.0.30 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2024, 03:16:37 pm »

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v33/latest/MediaCenter330030-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

33.0.30 (10/8/2024)
5. Changed: The focus is no longer set to the search box when opening the tag window so that the spacebar will keep pausing.
"Fixed" but also newly broken:
1) Double click an audio track in the Content Panel track list to start playing it.
2) "Spacebar" shortcut does not work, i.e. it does not pause playback.
3) Switch left panel from "Playing Now" to "Tags" or vice versa during playback.  Thereafter "Spacebar" shortcut works for current track.
4) Double click a different audio track in the track list.  MC starts playing the new track but reverts to 2).
5) Or let track complete so that MC automatically moves on to play the next track.  Reverts to 2).
6) Or pause play using the upper left PlayerBar controls.  Reverts to 2).
7) Or pause play using the control in the Playing Now Popup Control skin.  Thereafter "Spacebar" shortcut works for current track.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2024, 05:14:04 pm »

"Fixed" but also newly broken:
1) Double click an audio track in the Content Panel track list to start playing it.
2) "Spacebar" shortcut does not work, i.e. it does not pause playback.
3) Switch left panel from "Playing Now" to "Tags" or vice versa during playback.  Thereafter "Spacebar" shortcut works for current track.
4) Double click a different audio track in the track list.  MC starts playing the new track but reverts to 2).
5) Or let track complete so that MC automatically moves on to play the next track.  Reverts to 2).
6) Or pause play using the upper left PlayerBar controls.  Reverts to 2).
7) Or pause play using the control in the Playing Now Popup Control skin.  Thereafter "Spacebar" shortcut works for current track.

I can't reproduce that.  Pause works nicely when the list has the focus.  Can you figure out what might be taking the focus that wants the spacebar?

Thanks.

markf2748

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2024, 11:44:03 am »

In an attempt to eliminate the Playing Now Popup as the culprit, I removed the directory C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 33\Skins\Playing Now Popup.  Restart MC and MC Server.  No changes in spacebar behavior.

Here is what I see now:
(1) The Spacebar shortcut works when the left side panel (either Playing Now or Tags) has focus, or when the PlayerBar region has focus.  Switch between these using custom toolbar icons or mouse clicks and the shortcut continues to work.
(2) Left Mouse click once anywhere in the Content Panel (main window on the right) or its track list (when visible) to give focus and the shortcut does not work until I change focus per (1).

I tried a few different skins and mucking with some of my Options settings under General and Tree & View (restarted when requested).  Selected different view tabs.  Unlock all view tabs.  Logging on / off.  Nothing I tried changed the spacebar behavior.

I don't know how to detect what might be stealing the spacebar (or inactivating its shortcut) from Content Panel.  I had a quick look at log files and did not see anything obvious (in my limited experience reading logs).  No recollection of this ever happening in the past (few years).

Update:  Close all view tabs except one.  Spacebar now works in the Content Panel!  Restore the same 10 tabs (actually 11 tabs - see next post) at once using View > Load tabs and Spacebar stops working.  I'll try removing tabs one by one...

markf2748

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2024, 12:51:13 pm »

Root Cause (?): When the Start tab is present (but not necessarily selected) Spacebar may stop working. Delete the Start tab and Spacebar works as expected.

I normally do not have a Start tab present.  It unintentionally got saved with my last View > Save View operation, and recently kept getting restored without my noticing it.

Note:  The behavior is not totally consistent, hence (?).  I have seen instances where Spacebar works even when Start view is present and selected.  But so far, deleting Start view tab always fixes the problem.  :)

Included below is my web browser option setting.  Not sure if this is relevant.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2024, 01:21:51 pm »

Spacebar is set to not translate in web page views like Start.

markf2748

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2024, 01:28:11 pm »

Spacebar is set to not translate in web page views like Start.
Interesting - almost certainly played a role.  However the problem kept arising even when I never selected the Start view tab.  Mostly I was not even aware its tab was present amongst my other 10 tabs, yet spacebar kept mysteriously and consistently failing in the Content Panel for my other views.

That kind of default interaction is intolerable.  Views like Start should only be allowed to steal the spacebar when they are currently selected.  If necessary, please consider building some new option(s) which address how and when such views grab MC's keyboard shortcuts.

pagerover

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2024, 09:07:12 pm »

I purchased JRiver on May 25, 2024. I believe I have version 32. Unfortunately, the announcement email was in my spam folder, and I just found it today. Are there significant differences for an only-audio library that would justify an upgrade? I don't use it for movies or other video. (Also, I love it! So glad I found JRiver.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2024, 12:38:09 am »

I purchased JRiver on May 25, 2024. I believe I have version 32. Unfortunately, the announcement email was in my spam folder, and I just found it today. Are there significant differences for an only-audio library that would justify an upgrade? I don't use it for movies or other video. (Also, I love it! So glad I found JRiver.)
You have mail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up