INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPhone sync  (Read 446 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
IPhone sync
« on: October 13, 2024, 03:35:28 pm »

I know this has been discussed but can't find it.  Has anyone found a way to say export a Playlist and then sync to an iPhone with another program.  I'm vested in jriver  but have to find a way to sync to a phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IPhone sync
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132397.0.html

Android phones are open.  iPhones are not.

This is a problem created by Apple.  Did you try the Apple forum?

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 08:12:18 pm »

Not sure what apple forum you’re talking about.  I’m thinking to support your customers it would be grand to take some of the subscription money and pay apple so your customers can actually use the software we pay for.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2024, 05:45:15 am »

Apple has their devices locked down preventing third-party software from syncing to iOS devices in the way you want. No amount of paying Apple is going to get them to open up their walled garden this way unfortunately and a US-based company like JRiver just can't find and add some sort of hack or workaround allowing them to somehow sync either, as Apple would just sue them into oblivion. The honest brutal bottom line is this... if you don't want these sort of issues don't invest in walled garden platforms like iPhones or you'll have to deal with the limitations of doing so, this being one of them.

In order to sync to iOS devices like an iPhone you'd have to use Apple apps like iTunes or Apple Music unfortunately.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from "male enhancements" and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.10 Oracular Oriole 64-bit | Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/500GB M.2 NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 33 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | JBL 306P MkII Studio Monitors | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2024, 08:02:58 am »

Funny Media Monkey manages just fine, I just don’t like the way it does everything else

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2024, 09:26:51 am »

Ventis Media (MediaMonkey's parent company) isn't based in the US. That's really the key here, any US-based company has to be very careful in regards to anything Apple as it's much easier to issue cease and desist and/or lawsuits here than anywhere else.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from "male enhancements" and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.10 Oracular Oriole 64-bit | Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/500GB M.2 NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 33 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | JBL 306P MkII Studio Monitors | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up