INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 1...  (Read 7371 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 1...
« on: November 07, 2002, 12:56:19 pm »

Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 1 is available.

IMPORTANT-- This is beta software -- some things don't work, some things crash, and your database and tags may not be totally safe.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download the preview here:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox90074.exe

Changes    

1. Fixed: Drag-n-drop and rename tree logic didn't work properly with groupings.
2. Fixed: MJ extension manager didn't work. (couldn't find MJ)
3. Fixed: A bug causing only the field "custom 2" to get upgraded. ("custom 1" and "custom 3" were excluded)
4. Changed: Album Artist will now get created / imported on upgrade or if importing a version 8 file with MJ meta data in it.
5. Fixed: Changing DB fields didn't update the "dirty" state of the DB, so MJ could be closed without changes getting saved.
6. Fixed: The optional "Delete from disk" was not working.
7. Fixed: Display plugins were no longer functioning.
8. Fixed: Encoders work again.
9. Fixed: Encoder download (on first use of some encoders) works more smoothly.
10. Fixed: Custom playback settings were not being used.
11. Fixed: CD text with new burn engine was being written the old way ("artist - album" for the title).
12. Fixed: After burning an audio CD, YADB window won't pop up anymore.
13. Fixed: When burning an audio CD, user can choose whether to use playback settings (e.g. cross-fade).
14. Fixed: The "use internal burning engine" checkbox now works. Previously MJ always used the new internal burn engine.

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.      

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re: Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 1...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 01:03:49 pm »

Oooohh...the first official beta ;D

Congratulations guys!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

michel

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 01:17:09 pm »

But the splah screen indicates still "alpha"...

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 01:22:53 pm »

Video

Nothing done on time shifting, right ?

No rush.

Dont see any diff.

Thanks
The Griff

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 01:32:17 pm »

Analize still Crashes MJ

is there something i can try to fix it?

Should I Uninstall And Re-Install?

Does This Happen To Others?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

michel

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2002, 01:32:33 pm »

May be there is a problem with MJ8 licence because I just restored a key and it says "invalid licence" (same problem with 073 but not with 072).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 01:35:14 pm »

When Trying To Convert A MP3 MJ Keeps Asking Me If I Want To Install The MP3 VBR Encoder, And Tells Me It Is A Invalid Package File.

So i went to the plug-ins page and it allowed me to download it.

I think MJ has a problem within (maybe wrong link for the vbr encoder)
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 01:42:24 pm »

Heres my list so far:

Bugs in Beta 1:

* Maximise/Restore button does not change state to show current behaviour [UPDATE: This is in fact an error in the Z skin.  It does not have a bitmap for the restore button, hence the button does not change]
* Play/Pause button in full screen view does not change state.  Although the display bar changes it would be helpful for those who aren't in the know if the button showed the pause symbol when a file is playing so they knew this would pause the track.
* Clicking on Scan for TV channels without a TV Tuner card causes MJ to display an error message then crash(Okay I know most people wouldn't do this but it crashes all the same ;D)
* Some of my files are still crashing the audio analyser.  MJ downloads an MP3 plugin tries to start and then crashes.  I then get a dialog box saying "The Instruction at "0x77f51e3f" referenced memory at "0x00080100".  The memory could not be "written".  Click on OK to terminate the program.  The title of the dialog is CiceroUIWndFrame: Media Jukebox.exe - Application Error
* Clicking on the options at the bottom of playing now (files in playlist, files not in playlist etc.) with a random smartlist always reruns the smartlist meaning you get different results rather than showing the rest of the library for what is not in the playlist...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2002, 01:56:43 pm »

My "Duration" Fields Are Blank

If I Encode It Gets Filled Out, But All the ones that are in the list are blank.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2002, 02:03:25 pm »

After i encoded 5 wav files to mp3, the bit rate is still the same as a wav file.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2002, 02:20:19 pm »

Enter Something In Comment It mj saves it.

Remove it from the MJ list

Re-Import

The rating is now in rating and also the comment field.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2002, 02:20:36 pm »

Like Mark said, the analyze function still causes a crash in MJ.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2002, 02:20:57 pm »

After re-Import of Mp3's there is no bit rate in that field.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2002, 02:23:38 pm »

Clicking on any of the hyperlinks on the "Start" page yields "page cannot be displayed" messages and the Mediajukeox v8 Help pops up with the same message.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2002, 02:26:59 pm »

Part the Second:

* Icon in Add / Remove programs is the media scheduler icon not the MJ Icon
* Arrows to change options in playing now don't actually appear to do anything... (in Playlist, not in playlist etc)
* Horrible buzzing using DIrect Sound if you stop a track while it is playing.  I think this is probably Direct X related rather than MJ
* Would be good if sorting in the content view could be done on a view scheme basis...at the moment it is only on a overall basis meaning we get fields that are irrelevant to the media like width and height for music and bitrate for pics

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2002, 02:31:52 pm »

Getting cover art from The Internet doesn't work at all. It sits there forever trying to get the first album's cover art. Cancel does work.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2002, 02:45:41 pm »

* Would it be possible to have an image for when there is no cover art rather than it just showing blank.
* Send to external tool only ever sends one file no matter how many are selected e.g. select some files and select to send to Winamp - only the first one is sent... (Same for playlists too, only one file is sent...)
* Still not possible to sort in the tree view except by alphabetical order
*Statistics view in Hairstyle does not actually bring up the statistics...
*Changing to the Hairstyle skin in Hairstyle and then trying to click on Display Options caused MJ to crash.  After doing this MJ now play Video at all even though I am not in Hairstyle mode...

Adam

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.74
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1539 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 196 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Garfunkle

• Recent member
  • That'll always be the dream
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2002, 02:54:01 pm »

Track time is not being read from MP3 files, OGGs are fine though *shrugs*.

Also, hairstyle crashes constantly.

Other than that, nothin' new to report.

~ Adam ~

CPU: Intel Pentium III 897 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 129 MB, Free - 38 MB

wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

NoCodeUK

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2002, 03:23:10 pm »

In fact any click on Display Options in Hairstyle will crash it...

UPDATE: Irealised Display Options is not supposed to be a clickable field in Hairstyle, it is move through.  Is there are any way it could be highlighted which options are clcikable and whch lead to another menu??

Adam

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2002, 03:24:35 pm »

BUGS:

1.  Scanning for TV channels still locks program (at channel 26 right now)

2.  When clicking "yes" to scan for channels, MJ loses focus and goes behind other windows.

3.  Burning with "use internal burn engine" unchecked:

This is the error I get when attempting to burn as "Data" CD:

This is the error I get when attempting to erase a CD-R/W:

When attempting to burn as "Audio CD", the burn seems to proceed normally, however there is nothing burned to the CD!

-Mr.X

Winstone

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & MJ too
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2002, 03:44:51 pm »

Always the same problem.

I can't rip with MP3 encoder.

:(

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2002, 03:45:50 pm »

Getting cover art from The Internet doesn't work at all. It sits there forever trying to get the first album's cover art. Cancel does work.

Yep It's Broken

Local Works
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2002, 03:53:13 pm »

Bugs:

• MJ sees albums and/or artists with different cases as 2 separate albums.  For example 'Anita O'day' and 'Anita O'Day' are treated as different artists and 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'Sleepless In Seattle' are different albums.
  • Toggling the list view while a filter is applied, removes that filter.
  • Clean file properties doesn't change lower case to upper case following an apostrophe or a forward slash (O'day to O'Day and Haden/metheny to Haden/Metheny.

Shelly

nila

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2002, 03:58:32 pm »

I created a view scheme to browse by filename. This crashes MJ instantly when trying to open it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2002, 04:08:46 pm »

Bugs for Media Jukebox ver. 9.0.74

Part 1

• Whenever I choose Fullscreen mode, MJ does something that causes my CD-ROM drive to spin up. It results in a big delay before MJ actually goes to fullscreen.

• Trying to burn to an Audio CD using the Internal Burning Engine (regardless of whether or not Use Internal ASPI was also checked) results in a message saying "Response code 112: No additional sense information." I have an HP CD-Writer+ 9300

Using Just "Internal ASPI" results in this message:

It doesn't seem to matter whether Write CD-TEXT is enabled or not.

• Search : There doesn't seem to be any practical way of doing something like "Exclude all files with no album tag" with the Wizard without excluding a certain album, then editting by typing, and then removing that album from the list. Just choosing Exclude and not checking any boxes results in a rule of simply "-" which has no noticeable effect.

• Search : Sorting allows charcters to be typed now, but I have no indication of what I'm allowed to type. If I type in the name of a valid field, then it works fine, but wouldn't it be better to provide a list of valid fields to choose from?

• Search : If you choose a Search Criteria, then choose Edit by Typing, and hit Ctrl-C to copy and go to a different smartlist and hit Ctrl-V to paste, the entire list of Search Criteria is copied instead of just the one you wanted. I can see a need for both behaviors.

• Playlists : If I drag a playlist out of one group and into another group, MJ presents me a with white square plus icon, which, based on standard Windows GUI behavior indicates a copy behavior, but instead is a move. I think this should behave exactly like Windows Explorer's drag and drop, including using Shift and Ctrl to modify the behavior, and allowing the Right Click drag that Windows has. It would just be more intuitive to people alreay using Windows.

• Transitioning from a Quicktime file (mov) results in a crash.

• Adding images and music to Playing Now isn't consistent. If audio is already in Playing Now, then Adding images to Playing Now does nothing, if music is played first, then images are played, Playing Now is wiped and only images are shown, but if images are played first, and then music is added, the desired result of images and audio simultaneously is acheived.

• There is currently no way to see what images are in the current slideshow if they're being played simultaneously with music.

• Playing Now : While watching a slideshow and listening to music, if I click from Images to Track Info, then back to Images, the slideshow is wiped.

• If I Play images, then Play a playlist with music and video in it, the slideshow clears immediately even if the first file to play is Audio.

• When viewing images and listening to music, if Playing Now contains a video, playing that video will clear all images from slideshow.

System Info

Media Jukebox  9.0.74

CPU: AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2002, 04:13:14 pm »

Bugs for Media Jukebox ver. 9.0.74

Part 2

• MEGA-ME Skinning : Renaming a playlist gives me the following drawing bug:

• So apparently, MJ's Recently Imported toolbar button works as long as I first manually create a playlist called "Recently Imported" and clear the checkbox for "Clear Recently Imported on exit". This makes me unsure what to think of my next "bug".

• The option for "Clear "Recently Imported" playlist on exit" seems a bit useless now.

• Ever since Tree View got the ability to display individual items in the tree, Quick Play acts all funky. I can't choose an individual file to play from Media Library without also telling the Tree View to display track names.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• Content View : No matter where on the headers you right click to add a column, the new column is added at the beginning. Wouldn't it be more user friendly if the column was added where the right click occured?

• Content View : You can now right click on a filename and rename the file right from MJ. Cool. The only problem was that I accidentally (ok, it wasn't really an accident) renamed a file to Pink - Just Like a Pill.Apl2 (note the 2 at the end of the extension). Attempting playback now works, but when I then used the same method to rename the file back to what it was (with just .apl) I received the following message:

After which MJ's link to that file was broken. While MJ's database has the filename listed with .apl, the actual filename is still .apl2. Once I manually renamed the file in Explorer, everything worked fine again.
    I thought I had read that this was fixed, but it doesn't seem to be the case...

• Playing Now : Deleting the currently playing file from Playing Now stops playback. Clicking NExt or Previous plays the first track in the playlist (shouldn't it remember where the removed file was and act accordingly?), and clicking Play results in an error message that says "Please select file(s) to play." Double clicking another file in Playing Now will restart playback.

• Trying to download any kind of plugin or skin through our proxy server/firewall results in a message of "Failed to connect to a server." This is after it prompted me for my username, password, and domain to get through our firewall. This has worked in the past, but has always been problematic.

System Info

Media Jukebox  9.0.74

CPU: AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2002, 04:13:55 pm »

Requests

• Vis Bars : I'd (still) like to see seperate hide modes for each of MJ's display modes (Internal, External, Fullscreen). I'd like to have them never hide in Internal, but autohide in Fullscreen & External, for instance.

• Rename from Properties & Fill Properties from Filename : Any way we could get a wizard-type interface for this like we now have (more or less) with the Search bar?

• mini-me Skinning : Kerensky had a whole list of skinning features that are currently found in other media apps (like Winamp 3 and Sonique 2). I'd like to add my voice in support of these. Here's the list for reference.

• Mega-Me and Mini-Me should have the same skinning features/abilities.

• Skinning engine should have all the features that Winamp 3.0 has.

• Mini-me skins should be able to display the left media tree pane, instead of just the playlist pane.

• Instead of having to use standard fonts, include support for skinned fonts. This is where, with .bmps, you can map out a alphabet, and numbers that the player would use instead of a regular font. Quintessential, Coolplayer, and Winamp 3 already support this with their skinning engines and it's one of the coolest features I've ever seen.

• When the mute function, I'd like a way to keep the mute button displaying the down .bmp while the player is muted.

• With playlists in mini-me mode, there should be the ability to customize what info in displayed. The default seems to be Track # - Artist - Song Name - Song Length. This may be possible already, but I haven't been able to find out how. Personally I'd just like to display Track # - Song Name - Song Length.  

• When displaying the elapsed or remaining time, allow skin authors to specify how many digits are displayed at any one time. Right now from what I can see, MJ displays only as many digits as is needed (with most songs usually m:ss), but for instance in one of my skins I'd like to specify that the elapsed time be displayed like hh:mm:ss always even is the unused digits only display 0's when not being used.

• Add support for Windows XP features like ClearType font smoothing and Alpha Blending Window edges.

• Include ability to specify the background color of the currently playing song.

• Include ability to change the icons throughout MJ.

• Include ability to use the media library search bar in skins.

• Replay Gain : MJ really needs Album Gain. If Playing Now contains a full album, use Album Gain, otherwise, use Radio Gain. If it's a mix between a full album and mixed tracks, check to see if the tracks belonging to the album are all in track order. If so, use Album Gain on those tracks. If not, use Radio Gain on the entire Playing Now list.

• Image List View : Can there be some "missing image" image? Like the MJ logo in place of a blank square? Or a red circle with a line through it? Or better yet, an image that we can specify for all missing artwork?

• Image List View : For the single image album art view, there needs to be a way to see the tracks belonging to that album. Maybe a multipaned view that shows the cover image on the left and the track names on the right? Or even a tooltip balloon like the ones that Rhino is using in his AlbumView plugin.

• Content View : Can all views remember their own view settings? Basically, what I'd like to see is Playing Now being able to just display Artist, Album, Name, and Track #, but have Media Library display more detailed information, like filename, BPM, etc. I'd also like to be able to specify that an Album view scheme display the album art view, but an Artist view shows the regular text view, etc. Playing Now should be able to be independently set to always show list view or image view, etc.

• Slideshow : How about an option to display the filename of the current file in Fullscreen mode?

• Ripping : I'd also like to see MJ be able to rip a CD to one wav\ape\mp3 and create a CUE sheet. Being able to create the relevant APL or whatever files in addition would be great along with an option to either import the full album wav\ape\mp3 or not.

• Visualizations : Can these remember what Display Quality to use based on what mode (Full Screen, MEGA-ME, mini-me) MJ is in?

• Can we get an option in Skin Manager to close Skin Manager on skin change?

• I've heard rumor that some of the options dialogs are going to be redesigned. This is, IMO, a GREAT thing. I'm going to suggest changes as I see them, so to start, here's one that's bugged me for quite a while.

• In order to change the Sorting options, you need to 1. Select the field you want to move. 2. Click Edit. 3. Click Move Selected Up/Down. Wouldn't it be simpler to allow dragging of items? Or even two arrows (up/down) beside this box that would move the items?

• Also, what does "Track # for Albums" mean and why would I want it checked? Why would I want it UNchecked? I've never seen it make any difference either way. If it actually has a purpose, it should be more clearly explained. And can somebody explain it to me? :)

Garfunkle

• Recent member
  • That'll always be the dream
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2002, 04:51:41 pm »

DSP settings are saved properly, but which of them are checked is not. Shut down and restart results in all three being unchecked.

~ Adam ~

CPU: Intel Pentium III 897 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 129 MB, Free - 25 MB

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2002, 07:00:38 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the same "~a modifier" problem that's been talked about, but with the new beta (kudos on beta, btw, guys), ~a is doing some freaky stuff.

"Before" screenshot and "After" screenshot

CPU: Intel Pentium III 931 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

mjextman.exe /ipodsync

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2002, 08:45:22 pm »

I notice most beta testers seem to be running Windows XP so I don't know if anyone else has noticed but on Windows 2000 it seem to crash constantly.  If I try to expand audio types in media library it crashes.  Change view from thumbnails to text view and it crashes.  I don't know if this is just on my machine or not, anyone else having problems.  I have uninstalled including a wipe of the registry but it is still happening.  I am reloading an older v9 database (last version) becasue reimporting all over again loses most of my rating and custum fields tags.

Media Jukebox  9.0.74

CPU: Intel Pentium III 736 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 154 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436

michel

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2002, 01:01:28 am »

May be there is a problem with MJ8 licence because I just restored a key and it says "invalid licence" (same problem with 073 but not with 072).

I don't know if it could be a confirmation of a problem or not but I uninstalled MJ9, installed MJ8, registered it successfully with the same key which didn't run for MJ9 and then I upgraded to MJ9 and it was registered also.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2002, 01:24:31 am »

First off,

If Mr X doesn't stop using a .NET password protected MSN web site to host his pictures, I'll be very upset.

With that said, MJ 9 will not even recognise that my 1394 attached CD-R units are in fact, CD-Rs. I can get them recognized as readers no problem once I force them to be detected as IDE.

It doesn't matter who's ASPI I use. My internal is Adaptec 4.72

CPU: Intel Pentium III 1003 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

michel

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2002, 02:52:23 am »

MJ let change 'display' attribute of imported customi fields but it seems ineffective (either as column title or as search key.

How we can rename custom fields ?

BTW, import of files with MJ8 custom fields (including custom1 !) and covers is running fine now.

(However I didn't try to upgrade so I cannot confirm it is ok also upgrading)

michel

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2002, 03:09:50 am »

If you edit a field in 'Tree & View Settings', even without changing the value, then when you return to the normal display and refresh it, you get all columns displayed.

BTW it is not very comfortable to "disable/enable" a lot of columns through the popup menu. MJ8 was more confortable for that because you can set it in 'Tree & View Settings' (but now this list has another meaning: it is not the list of displayed fields but the list of existing fields).

Also (as said here already) it would be nice to remember which columns are displayed for each view scheme. It would be fine for the same media, it is mandatory for different media (it doesn't make sense to display heigh and width for audio when it makes sense for pictures).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2002, 03:23:27 am »

I notice most beta testers seem to be running Windows XP so I don't know if anyone else has noticed but on Windows 2000 it seem to crash constantly.  

Scub,
I run it on Win 2000 on less of a machine at work and it's fine.  Try updating your video drivers.  Try turning off skins.  

Could it be when MJ tries to detect your CD drive?

Please copy and paste to a new thread if you continue to have trouble.

Jim

michel

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2002, 03:56:50 am »

Type several search rules, for example:

genre=pop sort=year

If you select "sort=year" and DEL it, MJ crashes.

michel

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2002, 04:20:07 am »

My "Duration" Fields Are Blank

Me too but only for mp3 files. ogg and mpc duration are displayed.

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2002, 06:12:47 am »

I just downloaded 9.0.74 and can no longer Rip and encode at the same time.  I get an error that any encoder I try to use cannot be found.  I've manually downloaded all the encoders.  If I uncheck Rip and encode simultaneously, it works so I know the encoder is installed.

Brian Palmer

CPU: Intel Pentium II 300 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 228 MB, Free - 73 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

RedJ

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2002, 06:26:21 am »

Most of the previews have been working great for me, but something went horribly wrong with this build, on my machine anyway.

• When updating from the last pre-beta build, MJ installer did not know what directory it was previously installed in, as if it was never installed previously.

• After installation, explorer context commands are no longer functional.  Says it cannot find Media Jukebox.exe

• Double clicking on a MJ associated file also fails and returns the cannot find Media Jukebox.exe error.

• All visualizations are missing from MJ, though the files are still there.

• Plugins are all screwed up.  Converting formats, MJ goes out and retrieves them all over again as if first install.  MJ fails during conversion process, etc.

Update
  • All settings were also reset to defaults

I don't think this is going to be a problem that's easily recoverable.  I'm pretty sure some registry entries are messed up at this rate.

Update
I "updated" to the latest MJ8.x (since I have no other v9 build available to fall back to) and everything is working just fine again.  Not sure it was registry corruption after all.

In addition to this build's problems, the following ongoing feature problems still exist:
  • Installation still does not remember which file associations have been de-selected in previous installations.  This even a bigger deal than in the past due to the new image associations I have to uncheck on every update
  • Same thing with whether I want shortcuts created, installer doesn't remember previous choices, making updating less convenient
  • No pulldown lists of existing choices in the Properties window for important things such as Genre, etc.  You should be able to select from existing entries to avoid redundant but subtly different entries and unnecessary typing.
  • When selecting from list of items for adding Rules, should have a horizontal scroll for items that are longer than the window is wide, such as filename paths.
  • Dates and times should be presented (or given a choice to be presented) in a generally understood format, instead of the cryptic long numbers
  • Dragging files from one folder to another in the My Computer list shows the "+" sign standard for Copy, but really moves the files.  Maybe add a right-click context for Copy or Move, like Explorer gives

nila

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2002, 06:28:32 am »

Bug's:

When viewing an mp3 cd in the devices tree it displays a lot of the information on the cd but doesn't have the bitrate displayed.

Request:

Tools menu in the right click - could this be moved under 'Send To'. It seems a more logical place for it as they're used quite often and having them at the bottom seems to under value them.

Request:

A new item in the Tools menu to: Export Playlist which basically just exports all the selected files into a .m3u playlist onto our hard drives.

Query/Idea/Comment:

At the top of MJ, next to File, Edit, View, Player, there is a 'Tools' option. This is fair enough but it is a bit confusing that this is called Tools and so is the option in the right click menu. I would expect the Tools menu here to have the same tools as the right click. It would be great if these right click tools could be added to the top level menu too. I tried to think of a suggestion for another name for the current Tools menu but couldn't think of one. Sorry :)

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2002, 08:30:29 am »

- mjextman.exe no longer works for me.
- During import, MJ attempts to download plugins and fails.
James Bailey

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2002, 08:44:25 am »

This is possibly a bug. I find it annoying that pasting cover art into the MP3s commits the changes to the tags right away. If I want to add pictures and alter tag text, I have to wait for each file to be updated twice, once for the picture and once for the text after I use the "apply" command.

michel

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2002, 09:39:50 am »

I try to rip.

I set ogg format, "custom". When I push 'advanced' MJ says me that "advanced options are available only for custom quality mode" even I set already "custom"  ?

michel

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2002, 10:52:05 am »

[web media

Try to play "BBC One TV News". MJ says "contacting..." and then a few seconds later it crashes. It is reproductible.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up